|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following left the expedition to return to the fort?
2. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Sergeant Major.
(c) Inspector General.
(d) General of the Infantry.
3. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(d) Washington, DC.
4. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(b) Coast Guard.
5. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Austin traveled to central Mexico to meet with the acting president of Mexico Gomez ____.
2. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
3. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
4. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
5. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)