|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(c) Coast Guard.
2. The challenge came via a:
(a) Town meeting.
(b) Public speech.
(c) Campaign slogan.
(d) Newspaper article.
3. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Mountain Pass.
(b) River Valley.
(c) Tumbler Hill.
(d) Timber Ridge.
4. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
(a) Inspector General.
(b) General of the Infantry.
(c) Sergeant Major.
(d) Secretary of State.
5. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(d) Washington, DC.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
2. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
3. The Law of April 6, 1830 prohibited which of the following?
4. Where was the plantation located?
5. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)