|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 months.
2. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) Alamo de Austin.
(b) San Felipe de Austin.
(c) Santa Anna de Austin.
(d) San Marco de Austin.
3. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Secretary of State.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) Secretary of the Treasury.
4. Houston's family came from which state?
5. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
2. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
3. Who was the governor of Texas during this time period?
4. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
5. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)