|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
2. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
3. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
4. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(b) Medical licensing.
(c) Federal agent application exam.
5. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) San Marco de Austin.
(b) San Felipe de Austin.
(c) Santa Anna de Austin.
(d) Alamo de Austin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
2. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
3. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
4. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
5. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)