|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Law of April 6, 1830 prohibited which of the following?
2. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) San Felipe.
3. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He went bankrupt.
(b) He moved to New England.
(c) He joined the army.
(d) He died.
4. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
(a) San Jacinto.
(c) Forth Worth.
(d) San Antonio.
5. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
2. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
3. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
4. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
5. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)