|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
(a) Lumber mill.
(b) Tour guide service.
(c) Trading post.
(d) Law practice.
2. Houston rode to ____ to attempt to head off and halt the expedition team.
(c) Sunshine Hill.
3. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(a) Coast Guard.
4. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(c) Campaign manager.
5. Which Revolution took place in Texas in 1826?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
2. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
3. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
4. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
5. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)