|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
2. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(a) Governors Association.
(b) Bar Association.
(d) Sierra Club.
3. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He went bankrupt.
(b) He died.
(c) He moved to New England.
(d) He joined the army.
4. Houston was asked to meet with the leader of which tribe?
5. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
(d) Mexico City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
2. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
3. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
4. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
5. In what year was Sam Houston born?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)