|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Secretary of the Treasury.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Attorney General.
2. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
3. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Secretary of War.
(b) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Vice President.
4. Who was the representative of the "Peace Party?"
5. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
2. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
3. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
4. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
5. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)