|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
2. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
3. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
4. Where was the plantation located?
5. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
(b) Fort Erie.
(c) Rio Grande.
(d) Fort Sumter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
2. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
3. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
4. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
5. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)