|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
2. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
3. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(b) Secretary of War.
(c) Vice President.
(d) Speaker of the House.
4. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
5. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
2. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
3. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
4. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
5. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)