|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
2. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(b) Running Deer.
(c) White Mountain.
3. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
4. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
5. Houston settled near which river?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
2. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
3. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
4. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
5. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)