|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
2. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
3. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
(b) Logging operations.
(c) Cultural activities.
4. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(a) Boxing match.
(b) Card game.
(d) Chess game.
5. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Timber Ridge.
(b) Mountain Pass.
(c) Tumbler Hill.
(d) River Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
2. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
3. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
4. The legislation that caused the problem dealt with which of the following?
5. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)