|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) San Marco de Austin.
(b) Alamo de Austin.
(c) San Felipe de Austin.
(d) Santa Anna de Austin.
2. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
3. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
4. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
(a) Transportation Act.
(b) Colonization Act.
(c) Immmigration Act.
(d) Annexation Act.
5. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
2. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
3. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
4. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
5. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)