|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
2. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
3. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
4. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Speaker of the House.
(b) Attorney General.
(c) Majority Whip.
(d) Senior Senator.
5. What was Houston's drink of choice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
2. Who was the representative of the "Peace Party?"
3. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
4. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
5. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)