|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) John Quincy Adams.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. In what years did Mexico become a federal republic?
3. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(a) Land deeds.
(d) Imports and exports.
4. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
5. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
2. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
3. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
4. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
5. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)