|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Houston's drink of choice?
2. Who did Houston meet in this new town?
(d) Santa Anna.
3. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
(a) Cultural activities.
(d) Logging operations.
4. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(a) Hickory cane.
(b) Dueling pistol.
(c) Bow and arrow.
5. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He joined the army.
(b) He died.
(c) He went bankrupt.
(d) He moved to New England.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
2. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
3. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
4. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
5. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)