|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
2. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(b) Governors Association.
(c) Bar Association.
(d) Sierra Club.
3. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Attorney General.
(c) Secretary of the Treasury.
(d) Secretary of State.
4. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
5. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Speaker of the House.
(b) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(c) Vice President.
(d) Secretary of War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
2. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
3. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
4. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
5. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)