|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
2. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(a) Imports and exports.
(d) Land deeds.
3. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
4. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
(a) Transportation Act.
(b) Immmigration Act.
(c) Annexation Act.
(d) Colonization Act.
5. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(a) Chess game.
(b) Card game.
(d) Boxing match.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
2. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
3. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
4. Austin traveled to central Mexico to meet with the acting president of Mexico Gomez ____.
5. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)