|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
2. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Tumbler Hill.
(b) Mountain Pass.
(c) River Valley.
(d) Timber Ridge.
3. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
4. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
5. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
2. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
3. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
4. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
5. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)