|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
2. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Secretary of the Treasury.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Attorney General.
3. What was the surname of the brothers responsible for declaring Texas as its own sovereign nation?
4. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Senior Senator.
(b) Attorney General.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Majority Whip.
5. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston's family came from which state?
2. Where was the plantation located?
3. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
4. In what years did Mexico become a federal republic?
5. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)