|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
2. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
3. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
4. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
5. Where was the plantation located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
2. What was Houston's drink of choice?
3. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
4. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
5. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)