|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
2. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
3. What was the first name of Houston's father?
4. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
(a) Drunken Slob.
(b) Foolish Man.
(c) Big Drunk.
(d) Lying Thief.
5. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
2. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
3. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
4. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
5. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
This section contains 135 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)