|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(b) Secretary of the Treasury.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Attorney General.
2. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
3. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
4. What was the first name of Houston's father?
5. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
Short Answer Questions
1. The legislation that caused the problem dealt with which of the following?
2. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
3. Houston settled near which river?
4. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
5. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)