|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Timber Ridge.
(b) Tumbler Hill.
(c) Mountain Pass.
(d) River Valley.
2. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Speaker of the House.
(b) Secretary of War.
(c) Vice President.
(d) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
3. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
4. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(a) Medical licensing.
(b) Federal agent application exam.
5. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(b) Washington, DC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
2. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
3. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
4. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
5. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)