|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
2. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
(a) Foolish Man.
(b) Big Drunk.
(c) Drunken Slob.
(d) Lying Thief.
3. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(c) Washington, DC.
4. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
(c) North Carolina.
5. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
2. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
3. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
4. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
5. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)