|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Majority Whip.
(b) Speaker of the House.
(c) Senior Senator.
(d) Attorney General.
2. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
3. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
4. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(b) Dueling pistol.
(c) Hickory cane.
(d) Bow and arrow.
5. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
2. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
3. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
4. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
5. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)