|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(b) Campaign manager.
2. The challenge came via a:
(a) Newspaper article.
(b) Campaign slogan.
(c) Public speech.
(d) Town meeting.
3. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
4. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
5. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(a) Dueling pistol.
(b) Hickory cane.
(d) Bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
2. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
3. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
4. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
5. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)