|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(b) Bar Association.
(c) Governors Association.
(d) Sierra Club.
2. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
3. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
(a) John Quincy Adams.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
4. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
5. What was Houston's drink of choice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
2. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
3. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
4. What was the name of the Congressman?
5. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)