|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(a) Washington, DC.
2. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(a) White Mountain.
(b) Running Deer.
3. Where was the plantation located?
4. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(a) Caned him.
(c) Punched him in the face.
(d) Bought him a drink.
5. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
2. Houston settled near which river?
3. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
4. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
5. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)