|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston's family came from which state?
2. What was the first name of Houston's father?
3. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(a) Campaign manager.
4. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(a) Dueling pistol.
(c) Bow and arrow.
(d) Hickory cane.
5. The challenge came via a:
(a) Town meeting.
(b) Public speech.
(c) Campaign slogan.
(d) Newspaper article.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
2. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
3. What was Houston's drink of choice?
4. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
5. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)