|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
2. Houston settled near which river?
3. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
(a) Lumber mill.
(b) Law practice.
(c) Trading post.
(d) Tour guide service.
4. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
5. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Secretary of State.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) Secretary of the Treasury.
Short Answer Questions
1. The challenge came via a:
2. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
3. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
4. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
5. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)