|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first name of Houston's father?
2. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
3. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
4. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(b) Chess game.
(c) Card game.
(d) Boxing match.
5. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
2. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
3. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
4. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
5. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)