|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(a) Sierra Club.
(c) Governors Association.
(d) Bar Association.
3. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
4. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
5. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
2. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
3. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
4. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
5. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)