|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
2. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Secretary of the Treasury.
(d) Attorney General.
3. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
4. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Secretary of War.
(b) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Vice President.
5. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
2. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
3. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
4. What was the first name of Houston's father?
5. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)