|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the plantation located?
2. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
3. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Mountain Pass.
(b) River Valley.
(c) Timber Ridge.
(d) Tumbler Hill.
4. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
5. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
2. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
3. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
4. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
5. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)