|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Mountain Pass.
(b) River Valley.
(c) Timber Ridge.
(d) Tumbler Hill.
2. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Vice President.
(b) Speaker of the House.
(c) Secretary of War.
(d) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
3. What was the first name of Houston's father?
4. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
5. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
2. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
3. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
4. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
5. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)