|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
2. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
3. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He moved to New England.
(b) He went bankrupt.
(c) He joined the army.
(d) He died.
4. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(a) Federal agent application exam.
(b) Medical licensing.
5. Houston's family came from which state?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
2. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
3. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
4. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
5. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)