|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
2. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
(b) North Carolina.
3. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
4. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
5. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
2. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
3. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
4. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
5. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)