|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the plantation located?
2. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He joined the army.
(b) He went bankrupt.
(c) He died.
(d) He moved to New England.
3. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
4. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
5. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(c) Campaign manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Sam Houston born?
2. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
3. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
4. Houston's family came from which state?
5. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
This section contains 131 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)