|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
2. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
3. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
4. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He went bankrupt.
(b) He died.
(c) He joined the army.
(d) He moved to New England.
5. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Sam Houston born?
2. Houston's family came from which state?
3. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
4. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
5. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
This section contains 135 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)