|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
2. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
3. What was the first name of Houston's father?
4. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
5. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Vice President.
(b) Secretary of War.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
2. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
3. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
4. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
5. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)