|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Tumbler Hill.
(b) River Valley.
(c) Timber Ridge.
(d) Mountain Pass.
2. Where was the plantation located?
3. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(b) Federal agent application exam.
(d) Medical licensing.
4. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
5. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
2. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
3. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
4. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
5. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)