|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
2. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
3. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
4. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(a) Medical licensing.
(d) Federal agent application exam.
5. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Secretary of the Treasury.
(b) Attorney General.
(c) Secretary of State.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
2. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
3. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
4. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
5. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)