|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(b) Medical licensing.
(c) Federal agent application exam.
2. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
3. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(a) Chess game.
(b) Boxing match.
(d) Card game.
4. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
5. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
(b) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
2. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
3. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
4. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
5. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)