|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first name of Houston's father?
2. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
3. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
(a) Secretary of War.
(b) Director of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Vice President.
4. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
5. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
2. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
3. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
4. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
5. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
This section contains 145 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)