|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
2. What was the first name of Houston's father?
3. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Tumbler Hill.
(b) River Valley.
(c) Timber Ridge.
(d) Mountain Pass.
4. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
5. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Majority Whip.
(b) Attorney General.
(c) Senior Senator.
(d) Speaker of the House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
2. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
3. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
4. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
5. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)