|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
2. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(a) Campaign manager.
3. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
4. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(a) Card game.
(b) Chess game.
(d) Boxing match.
5. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
(a) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
2. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
3. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
4. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
5. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
This section contains 150 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)