|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston's family came from which state?
2. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
3. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
(b) North Carolina.
4. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
5. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
2. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
3. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
4. In what year was Sam Houston born?
5. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)