|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
2. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
3. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
4. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
5. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
2. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
3. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
4. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
5. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
This section contains 135 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)