|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He joined the army.
(b) He died.
(c) He moved to New England.
(d) He went bankrupt.
2. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Attorney General.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Secretary of the Treasury.
3. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
4. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
5. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
2. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
3. In what year was Sam Houston born?
4. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
5. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)