|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
2. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
3. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) River Valley.
(b) Timber Ridge.
(c) Mountain Pass.
(d) Tumbler Hill.
4. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 6 months.
5. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(a) Card game.
(c) Boxing match.
(d) Chess game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
2. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
3. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
4. What was the first name of Houston's father?
5. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)