|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
2. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
3. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(c) Campaign manager.
4. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He joined the army.
(b) He went bankrupt.
(c) He died.
(d) He moved to New England.
5. Where was the plantation located?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
2. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
3. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
4. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
5. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)