|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
2. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(c) Coast Guard.
3. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
4. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
5. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) River Valley.
(b) Tumbler Hill.
(c) Mountain Pass.
(d) Timber Ridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston's family came from which state?
2. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
3. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
4. Where was the plantation located?
5. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)