Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(d) Campaign manager.
2. The couple had a son, Sam, Jr. who was born on May 25, _____.
3. People tried to smuggle documents from Austin to Houston which created what was known as the _______ War.
4. What did Houston do after his term expired?
(a) Moved to Arkansas.
(b) Ran for the Senate.
(c) Went back to school.
(d) Opened a law practice.
5. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Andrew Jackson.
(d) John Quincy Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to mean incompetence?
2. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
3. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
4. The group was opposed to which religion?
5. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
This section contains 143 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)