Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
2. Which of the following left the expedition to return to the fort?
3. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
4. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
(a) Sergeant Major.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) General of the Infantry.
(d) Inspector General.
5. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
(c) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what years did Mexico become a federal republic?
2. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
3. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
4. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
5. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)