|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Commodore in charge of the Texas navy?
2. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
3. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
4. Despite Houston's efforts to quash another expedition, Lamar wanted to send an expedition to _____.
(d) Santa Fe.
5. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) Forth Worth.
(c) San Jacinto.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
2. What was the position that Houston offered to the soldier?
3. Against the popular attitude of the South, Houston craved _____.
4. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
5. What was the name of the young woman Houston met while on this trip?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)