|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(a) Governors Association.
(b) Bar Association.
(d) Sierra Club.
2. Houston's family came from which state?
3. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
4. Houston was content to remain in a non-executive role. Instead, unknown _____ was elected to the White House.
5. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
(a) Cultural activities.
(c) Logging operations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
2. What did Houston request of the U.S. government?
3. Which city did Houston to travel to in order to have an ankle operation?
4. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
5. Who was leading this new trend?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)