|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Houston make another bid for the governorship of Texas?
2. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Speaker of the House.
(c) Majority Whip.
(d) Senior Senator.
3. The Law of April 6, 1830 prohibited which of the following?
4. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
5. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
(a) Drunken Slob.
(b) Lying Thief.
(c) Foolish Man.
(d) Big Drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. The couple had a son, Sam, Jr. who was born on May 25, _____.
2. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
3. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
4. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
5. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)