|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston became alarmed when he noticed that many people were leaning toward which of the following?
2. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
3. The act issued _____ to each state.
(a) Union support.
(b) Unlimited land grants.
(c) Popular sovereignty.
(d) Federal funds.
4. Which one of Houston's allies was elected as president after Houston's term ended?
5. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(a) Campaign manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
2. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
3. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
4. The Texas congress voted in a person to take over Houston's seat in which entity?
5. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)