|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
2. Who was leading this new trend?
3. Houston was content to remain in a non-executive role. Instead, unknown _____ was elected to the White House.
4. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Majority Whip.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Senior Senator.
5. Which man was one of the leading forces in creating this act?
Short Answer Questions
1. The challenge came via a:
2. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
3. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
4. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
5. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)