|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
2. What was the cause of death?
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) Heart attack.
3. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(a) Hickory cane.
(c) Dueling pistol.
(d) Bow and arrow.
4. What was the name of the act that determined slavery should be forbidden in any state taken from Mexico?
(a) Anson Upshur Act.
(b) Mexican Manifesto.
(c) The Great Compromise.
(d) Wilmot Proviso.
5. Houston decided to play the U.S. against _____ in order to make both sides want to take over Texas.
(b) Great Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
2. What was the surname of the brothers responsible for declaring Texas as its own sovereign nation?
3. Part of Houston's plan was to remain cautious and _____.
4. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
5. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)