|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe Burnet's government at the time?
2. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
3. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
(b) Van Zandt.
4. Houston was content to remain in a non-executive role. Instead, unknown _____ was elected to the White House.
5. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
(a) Logging operations.
(c) Cultural activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Commodore in charge of the Texas navy?
2. Houston became increasingly concerned with the U.S. government's plans for _______.
3. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
4. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
5. Which country owned Mexico in the 1820s?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)