|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston was forced to relocate to which area?
(c) Rio Grande.
(d) San Antonio.
2. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
(c) Logging operations.
(d) Cultural activities.
3. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
4. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
(b) New Mexico.
5. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
Short Answer Questions
1. A town was created in honor of the new president. What was the name of the town?
2. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
3. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
4. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
5. Which controversial act was passed in 1853?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)