|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to mean incompetence?
2. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(b) Hickory cane.
(c) Dueling pistol.
(d) Bow and arrow.
3. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
4. Which controversial act was passed in 1853?
(a) Texas New Mexico Act.
(b) Great Land Treaty.
(c) Compromise of 1853.
(d) Kansas Nebraska Act.
5. Despite Houston's disdain for the political party system, he was registered as a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
2. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
3. The group was opposed to which religion?
4. Houston continued to preach against which of the following?
5. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)