|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
(a) Gulf of Mexico.
(b) Cold Creek River.
(c) Pacific Ocean.
(d) Colorado River.
2. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
3. Austin traveled to central Mexico to meet with the acting president of Mexico Gomez ____.
4. In what year did Houston make another bid for the governorship of Texas?
5. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(b) Coast Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term is used to describe the people whom Houston served?
2. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
3. The Compromise of 1850 was presented by which political heavyweight?
4. What type of businesses did Houston put into place after assuming the presidency?
5. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)