|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) San Jacinto.
(c) Forth Worth.
2. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
3. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He joined the army.
(b) He died.
(c) He moved to New England.
(d) He went bankrupt.
4. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
5. What was Houston's drink of choice?
Short Answer Questions
1. The group was opposed to which religion?
2. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
3. Houston lamented the disappearance of many of the policies put into place by _____.
4. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
5. Despite Houston's disdain for the political party system, he was registered as a _____.
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)