|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston continued to preach against which of the following?
(d) Indian relations.
2. Where Houston's main supporter die in a freak accident?
(a) In his car.
(b) In an Indian raid.
(c) Aboard a warship.
(d) At his home.
3. The United States finally recognized Texas as a_____.
(a) Force to be reckoned with.
(b) Major contributor.
4. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
5. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
2. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
3. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
4. What word is used that means to estrange or push away?
5. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)