|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(a) Bow and arrow.
(b) Hickory cane.
(d) Dueling pistol.
2. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
3. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(b) Punched him in the face.
(c) Bought him a drink.
(d) Caned him.
4. What was the first name of Houston's father?
5. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
2. The challenge came via a:
3. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
4. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
5. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)