|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(a) Governors Association.
(b) Bar Association.
(c) Sierra Club.
2. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
(a) Lying Thief.
(b) Foolish Man.
(c) Drunken Slob.
(d) Big Drunk.
3. The challenge came via a:
(a) Campaign slogan.
(b) Newspaper article.
(c) Public speech.
(d) Town meeting.
4. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
5. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) Secretary of the Treasury.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
2. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
3. Where was the plantation located?
4. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
5. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)