|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston was ____ years older than his wife.
2. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
3. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
4. Houston's next move was to which Tennessee town/city?
5. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(a) White Mountain.
(d) Running Deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
2. What is the name of the town in which Houston opened a school?
3. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
4. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
5. Where was the plantation located?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)