|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Majority Whip.
(b) Senior Senator.
(c) Speaker of the House.
(d) Attorney General.
2. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
3. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
4. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
5. Houston settled near which river?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
2. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
3. Where was the plantation located?
4. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
5. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)