|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
2. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
3. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(a) Boxing match.
(b) Card game.
(d) Chess game.
4. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Majority Whip.
(c) Senior Senator.
(d) Speaker of the House.
5. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the plantation located?
2. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
3. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
4. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
5. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)