|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
2. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
(a) Medical licensing.
(c) Federal agent application exam.
3. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
4. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
(a) Big Drunk.
(b) Foolish Man.
(c) Drunken Slob.
(d) Lying Thief.
5. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(b) Bar Association.
(c) Governors Association.
(d) Sierra Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
2. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
3. The legislation that caused the problem dealt with which of the following?
4. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
5. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)