|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
2. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(a) White Mountain.
(d) Running Deer.
3. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
4. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(a) Punched him in the face.
(b) Bought him a drink.
(c) Caned him.
5. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
2. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
3. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
4. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
5. In which year did Sam Houston resign from military service?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)