|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Speaker of the House.
(b) Attorney General.
(c) Majority Whip.
(d) Senior Senator.
2. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
3. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Mountain Pass.
(b) River Valley.
(c) Tumbler Hill.
(d) Timber Ridge.
4. In what year was Sam Houston born?
5. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston settled near which river?
2. Who lived fairly close to Houston at this time?
3. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
4. What important position was held by John Calhoun?
5. How long did it take Houston to get his license?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)