|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
2. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(c) Coast Guard.
3. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
4. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(b) Governors Association.
(c) Bar Association.
(d) Sierra Club.
5. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
(a) Tour guide service.
(b) Lumber mill.
(c) Trading post.
(d) Law practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
2. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
3. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
4. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
5. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)