|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
(a) Drunken Slob.
(b) Lying Thief.
(c) Foolish Man.
(d) Big Drunk.
2. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(a) Hickory cane.
(b) Dueling pistol.
(c) Bow and arrow.
3. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
4. Sam Houston became friends with _____, a future president.
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
5. Houston settled near which river?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
2. What was Houston's drink of choice?
3. Houston's family came from which state?
4. What was the name of the Congressman?
5. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)