|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
2. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(c) Campaign manager.
3. Houston settled near which river?
4. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
5. What was the name of the Congressman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
2. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
3. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
4. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
5. The legislation that caused the problem dealt with which of the following?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)