|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
2. Sam Houston joined which branch of the military?
(c) Coast Guard.
3. What was the first name of Houston's father?
4. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
5. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Tumbler Hill.
(b) Mountain Pass.
(c) Timber Ridge.
(d) River Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
2. In what year was Sam Houston born?
3. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
4. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
5. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)