|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1827, Houston campaigned for and won which office in the Tennessee government?
(a) Attorney General.
(c) Secretary of the Treasury.
(d) Secretary of State.
2. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(b) Punched him in the face.
(c) Bought him a drink.
(d) Caned him.
3. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
4. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
5. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
2. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
3. What was Houston's drink of choice?
4. Houston settled near which river?
5. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)