|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
2. What was the name of the land development with which Houston was involved?
(a) Sabine City.
(b) Jackson Terrace.
(c) Houston Heights.
3. How old was the young woman when she met Houston?
4. Who won the election?
5. What subject did Houston want to study at a "proper" academy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Austin traveled to central Mexico to meet with the acting president of Mexico Gomez ____.
2. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
3. What was the name of the woman with whom Houston had a secret relationship?
4. Which one of Houston's allies was elected as president after Houston's term ended?
5. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)