Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He went bankrupt.
(b) He moved to New England.
(c) He died.
(d) He joined the army.
2. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
(b) Chess game.
(c) Boxing match.
(d) Card game.
3. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(a) Hickory cane.
(b) Dueling pistol.
(c) Bow and arrow.
4. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
5. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) Mountain Pass.
(b) Timber Ridge.
(c) Tumbler Hill.
(d) River Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
2. Sam became friends with people from which tribe?
3. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
4. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
5. The challenge came via a:
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)