|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Law of April 6, 1830 prohibited which of the following?
2. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
(a) Colonization Act.
(b) Transportation Act.
(c) Immmigration Act.
(d) Annexation Act.
3. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
(a) Fourth of July.
(b) Palm Sunday.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
4. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
(a) The border with Mexico.
(b) Traveling to Washington, DC.
(d) Establishing a government seat.
5. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) San Felipe de Austin.
(b) Santa Anna de Austin.
(c) San Marco de Austin.
(d) Alamo de Austin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
2. Many people wanted Santa Anna's head on a platter for his involvement in the massacre at the Alamo and at ______.
3. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
4. During Houston's confrontation with Santa Anna, 630 Mexicans were killed and ____ were captured.
5. Texans were especially worried about the _____ in the Mexican government.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)