|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(a) Governors Association.
(b) Sierra Club.
(d) Bar Association.
2. What government office was created at that time?
(a) Department of Peace.
(b) Treasury Department.
(c) Bureau of Indian Affairs.
(d) General Land Office.
3. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
4. What were issued to some of the more hot-headed soldiers in the army?
(c) Government positions.
(d) New assignments.
5. The Law of April 6, 1830 prohibited which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Houston's young wife?
2. What word is used to describe Burnet's government at the time?
3. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
4. Which of the following was not a candidate for the Texas presidency?
5. What was the name of Jackson's wife?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)