|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following left the expedition to return to the fort?
2. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(b) Punched him in the face.
(c) Caned him.
(d) Bought him a drink.
3. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
4. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
5. The Law of April 6, 1830 also imposed duties on ________.
(a) Imports and exports.
(b) Land deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the surname of the brothers responsible for declaring Texas as its own sovereign nation?
2. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
3. What was the name of the general commissioned by the Mexican government to survey Texas?
4. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
5. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)