|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The challenge came via a:
(a) Campaign slogan.
(b) Newspaper article.
(c) Public speech.
(d) Town meeting.
2. What was the name of the Congressman?
3. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
4. Who was the representative of the "War Hawks?"
5. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
(a) Pacific Ocean.
(b) Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Cold Creek River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
2. Houston settled near which river?
3. The legislation that caused the problem dealt with which of the following?
4. What famous act was passed in 1825 by the Mexican government?
5. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)