|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
2. Houston rode to ____ to attempt to head off and halt the expedition team.
(a) Sunshine Hill.
3. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
(d) Santa Anna.
4. Who was responsible for starting a skirmish with the Indian allies?
5. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(a) Dueling pistol.
(b) Hickory cane.
(d) Bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
2. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
3. On what holiday were Fannin and his men executed?
4. What was the surname of the brothers responsible for declaring Texas as its own sovereign nation?
5. What was the cause of death?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)