|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
2. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
(a) San Jacinto.
(c) Forth Worth.
(d) San Antonio.
3. Houston was asked to meet with the leader of which tribe?
4. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
(a) San Marco de Austin.
(b) San Felipe de Austin.
(c) Santa Anna de Austin.
(d) Alamo de Austin.
5. Who was elected to be president amidst a deadlock in the House?
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
2. A town was created in honor of the new president. What was the name of the town?
3. The challenge came via a:
4. Where were the treaties signed?
5. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)