|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston worked for Jackson in which unofficial capacity?
(d) Campaign manager.
2. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
(a) San Antonio.
(b) San Jacinto.
(d) Forth Worth.
3. In what year was Andrew Jackson elected President?
4. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
(a) Gulf of Mexico.
(b) Colorado River.
(c) Pacific Ocean.
(d) Cold Creek River.
5. Who was the man that was Speaker of the House and later appointed as the Secretary of State?
Short Answer Questions
1. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
2. Houston received an appointment to serve as a _____ in the Tennessee militia.
3. Who did Houston meet in this new town?
4. Which city did Houston to travel to in order to have an ankle operation?
5. What was the name of the town created by Stephen Austin?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)