|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe Burnet's government at the time?
2. In 1819, Houston was awarded which prestigious job?
(a) Speaker of the House.
(b) Senior Senator.
(c) Majority Whip.
(d) Attorney General.
3. Who served as Houston's mentor in law?
4. What were issued to some of the more hot-headed soldiers in the army?
(a) New assignments.
(b) Government positions.
5. The act caused a great spike in Texas' _____.
(b) Cultural activities.
(d) Logging operations.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
2. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
3. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
4. Austin traveled to central Mexico to meet with the acting president of Mexico Gomez ____.
5. What was the cause of death?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)