|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
(a) Lumber mill.
(b) Law practice.
(c) Tour guide service.
(d) Trading post.
2. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
3. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
4. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
5. Which of the important leaders died suddenly?
(c) Santa Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Houston was gravely concerned over which of the following?
2. What major exam did Houston pass with the help of his mentor?
3. Houston was asked to meet with the leader of which tribe?
4. In what year was Houston elected to the House of Representatives?
5. During the bitter presidential campaign Houston and a presidential partisan participated in which activity?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)