|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(b) Sierra Club.
(c) Bar Association.
(d) Governors Association.
2. Which of the following was not a candidate for the Texas presidency?
3. In what years did Mexico become a federal republic?
4. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(b) Caned him.
(c) Punched him in the face.
(d) Bought him a drink.
5. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
Short Answer Questions
1. There were many cultural differences between the Anglo Texans and the ______.
2. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
3. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
4. In addition to the new president, the colonists also voted to support which of the following?
5. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)