|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Texas Admission Act was passed in which year?
2. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
3. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
(c) Van Zandt.
4. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
5. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(c) White Mountain.
(d) Running Deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
2. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
3. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
4. In what year did Andrew Jackson die?
5. What word is used to mean incompetence?
This section contains 126 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)