|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
(a) Cold Creek River.
(b) Pacific Ocean.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Gulf of Mexico.
2. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(a) Washington, DC.
3. Which one of Houston's allies was elected as president after Houston's term ended?
4. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
5. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
2. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
3. The Compromise of 1850 was presented by which political heavyweight?
4. Houston decided to play the U.S. against _____ in order to make both sides want to take over Texas.
5. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)