|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(a) White Mountain.
(c) Running Deer.
2. Which one of Houston's allies was elected as president after Houston's term ended?
3. Who questioned Houston's loyalties?
4. What was Houston's drink of choice?
5. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
(b) Hickory cane.
(c) Bow and arrow.
(d) Dueling pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
2. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
3. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
4. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
5. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)