|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the act that determined slavery should be forbidden in any state taken from Mexico?
(a) Anson Upshur Act.
(b) Wilmot Proviso.
(c) The Great Compromise.
(d) Mexican Manifesto.
2. At this time the U.S. was under the ____ administration.
(b) Van Buren.
3. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
(a) San Jacinto.
(c) Forth Worth.
(d) San Antonio.
4. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(d) Washington, DC.
5. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
(a) Lying Thief.
(b) Big Drunk.
(c) Foolish Man.
(d) Drunken Slob.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Andrew Jackson die?
2. What was the name of the Congressman?
3. The legislation that caused the problem dealt with which of the following?
4. Texas annexation was defeated in Congress in which year?
5. Where Houston's main supporter die in a freak accident?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)