|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston was forced to flee to the ________ earning him mockery from the new president.
(a) Gulf of Mexico.
(b) Cold Creek River.
(c) Pacific Ocean.
(d) Colorado River.
2. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
3. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
(b) New Mexico.
4. The Mexicans claimed that the true border between Texas and Mexico was the _______.
(a) Grand Canyon.
(b) Rio Grande.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) Blue Ridge Mountains.
5. What word is used to mean incompetence?
Short Answer Questions
1. At this time the U.S. was under the ____ administration.
2. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
3. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
4. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
5. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)