|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Texas annexation was defeated in Congress in which year?
2. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
3. The Mexicans claimed that the true border between Texas and Mexico was the _______.
(a) Blue Ridge Mountains.
(b) Rio Grande.
(c) Grand Canyon.
(d) Colorado River.
4. Houston decided to play the U.S. against _____ in order to make both sides want to take over Texas.
(b) Great Britain.
5. How many soldiers were left at the fort?
Short Answer Questions
1. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
2. What was the length of Houston's term as president?
3. Houston rode to ____ to attempt to head off and halt the expedition team.
4. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
5. What type of business did Houston open in Arkansas?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)