|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the act that determined slavery should be forbidden in any state taken from Mexico?
(a) Wilmot Proviso.
(b) Mexican Manifesto.
(c) Anson Upshur Act.
(d) The Great Compromise.
2. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
(b) Van Zandt.
3. Houston settled near which river?
4. Houston started a plantation at which site?
(a) Raven's Hill.
(b) San Antonio.
(c) Sabine City.
5. Where Houston's main supporter die in a freak accident?
(a) In his car.
(b) In an Indian raid.
(c) Aboard a warship.
(d) At his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the governor was deposed and eventually left office, who acted as president?
2. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
3. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
4. Houston was forced to relocate to which area?
5. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)