|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
2. Who questioned Houston's loyalties?
3. Houston rode to ____ to attempt to head off and halt the expedition team.
(a) Sunshine Hill.
4. The Compromise of 1850 was presented by which political heavyweight?
5. The Mexicans claimed that the true border between Texas and Mexico was the _______.
(a) Rio Grande.
(b) Colorado River.
(c) Grand Canyon.
(d) Blue Ridge Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Houston's allies was elected as president after Houston's term ended?
2. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
3. What was the name of the Congressman?
4. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
5. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)