|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The provisional government was upset with Houston and believed he was being ____.
2. What was the name of Houston's new drinking buddy and travel companion?
3. Houston decided to play the U.S. against _____ in order to make both sides want to take over Texas.
(b) Great Britain.
4. The Mexicans claimed that the true border between Texas and Mexico was the _______.
(a) Rio Grande.
(b) Blue Ridge Mountains.
(c) Grand Canyon.
(d) Colorado River.
5. Houston was forced to relocate to which area?
(b) Rio Grande.
(c) San Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
2. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
3. Which of the following left the expedition to return to the fort?
4. The militia left a small group of soldiers at which fort?
5. Who served as the Secretary of State in that administration?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)