|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Houston's drink of choice?
2. Houston started a plantation at which site?
(a) Sabine City.
(b) Raven's Hill.
(d) San Antonio.
3. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(c) Washington, DC.
4. Texas annexation was defeated in Congress in which year?
5. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
(b) San Felipe.
(c) San Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What derogatory nickname was given to Houston by the Cherokee?
2. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
3. The Texas Admission Act was passed in which year?
4. The legislation that caused the problem dealt with which of the following?
5. Houston decided to play the U.S. against _____ in order to make both sides want to take over Texas.
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)