|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(a) Bought him a drink.
(c) Punched him in the face.
(d) Caned him.
2. Houston married a half-Cherokee named:
(c) White Mountain.
(d) Running Deer.
3. What Indian word did Houston use to mean "house?"
4. Who served as Texas' minister to Washington?
(a) Van Zandt.
5. What was the name of the other party involved in the questionable legislation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the soldier Houston tried to recruit?
2. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
3. Houston became concerned regarding the territory known as ______.
4. One of the grievances Houston would address was the fact that the government wanted to pay the Indians in paper money rather than:
5. At this time the U.S. was under the ____ administration.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)