|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
(b) San Antonio.
(d) San Felipe.
2. In 1829, Houston became a member of which group?
(a) Sierra Club.
(c) Governors Association.
(d) Bar Association.
3. Where did Houston go to meet up with old friends?
(b) Washington, DC.
4. The Mexicans claimed that the true border between Texas and Mexico was the _______.
(a) Colorado River.
(b) Rio Grande.
(c) Blue Ridge Mountains.
(d) Grand Canyon.
5. What did Houston do when he met the Congressman face to face?
(a) Punched him in the face.
(c) Caned him.
(d) Bought him a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Texas Admission Act was passed in which year?
2. The volunteer militia, under the direction of Stephen Austin, took which city?
3. What item did Houston begin to carry with him in town?
4. The Compromise of 1850 was presented by which political heavyweight?
5. Houston decided to play the U.S. against _____ in order to make both sides want to take over Texas.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)