|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The militia planned to make a pillage run into which Mexican town/city?
(b) Mexico City.
2. Who took the man's place as the new Secretary of State?
3. What word is used to mean incompetence?
4. At this time the U.S. was under the ____ administration.
(b) Van Buren.
5. What was the length of Houston's term as president?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Mexican general defeated by the militia?
2. Houston had a breakdown and left home. What is the word meaning to leave home and not return for a period of time?
3. Houston started a plantation at which site?
4. In what year was Houston challenged by a Congressman?
5. Houston set up headquarters in what area?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)