1. Sam Houston was descended from which group of immigrants?
2. Houston's family came from which state?
3. What was the first name of Houston's grandfather?
4. What was the name of the plantation owned by the grandfather?
(a) River Valley.
(b) Tumbler Hill.
(c) Mountain Pass.
(d) Timber Ridge.
5. Where was the plantation located?
6. What was the first name of Houston's father?
7. The father held which rank in the Revolutionary Army?
8. In what year was Sam Houston born?
9. Houston came from a family of nine children. What was Houston's number in the order of birth?
10. What major event happened to the father in 1806?
(a) He died.
(b) He went bankrupt.
(c) He joined the army.
(d) He moved to New England.
11. In which state did Sam Houston live as a child?
(a) North Carolina.
This section contains 2,825 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)