|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2, how many rooms are on the main floor of the manor house the group finds?
2. In Section 1, what color hair does Emilia notice that Joana has?
3. In Section 1, what month is it?
4. In Section 2, how many babies does Alfred say were born in Stolp after the Russians invaded?
5. In Section 2, how many months pregnant does Joana tell Eva that Emilia is?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 2, what does the group find in the dining room of the manor house?
2. In Section 2, what is the Amber Room?
3. In Section 1, what does Joana notice when Florian and Emilia come into the barn where Joana's group is staying?
4. In Section 2, why does Joana say that Florian and Emilia should travel with the group?
5. In Section 1, what does Alfred say about Operation Hannibal as he imagines writing a letter to Hannelore?
6. In Section 2, why might it be a problem for Ingrid to cross the ice?
7. In Section 1, what does Eva learn about Emilia by talking with her?
8. In Section 2, what is the story of the song "Lili Marleen"?
9. In Section 2, what happens as Ingrid crosses the ice?
10. In Section 1, how does the shoe poet say that a frozen woman that Joana's group passes died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The sea claims many lives when the ship is torpedoed. How does the sea represent the battle between humans and the elements and the struggle to survive?
Essay Topic 2
Florian decides to seek revenge, Emilia never considers revenge. Why does Florian decide to seek revenge, but Emilia does not look to get revenge?
Essay Topic 3
Alfred subscribed wholeheartedly to Hitler’s philosophies and the Nazi party line. In what ways is Alfred a role model for the Nazi regime?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)