|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 2, what toy does Joan find on a step leading to the upper level of the house where the group is staying?
(a) Stuffed teddy bear.
(b) Rag doll.
(c) Porcelain doll.
(d) Stuffed rabbit.
2. In Section 1, what do panicked villages tell stories of Russian solders wearing according to Alfred?
(b) Necklaces made from the teeth of children.
(c) Necklaces made from toes of the dead.
(d) Necklaces made from fingers of the dead.
3. In Section 2, what type of soup does the group have at the manor house?
4. In Section 1, where do Joana and her group decide to settle for the night?
(b) Deserted house.
(c) Deserted barn.
5. In Section 2, where does Florian remember that his father sent his sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 1, when does Joana remember Germany invading Russia?
2. What identity does Emilia assume at Joana's insistence in Section 2?
3. In Section 1, how long ago did Joana become a deserter?
4. In Section 2, what does Joana want to find to treat blisters?
5. In Section 1, after rescuing Emilia, how many more kilometers does Florian need to walk before stopping for the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 1, what does Joana notice when Florian and Emilia come into the barn where Joana's group is staying?
2. In Section 2, what amenities does Alfred describe of the Gustloff?
3. How did a six-year-old boy come to travel with Joana and her group in Section 1?
4. In Section 1, how does the shoe poet say that a frozen woman that Joana's group passes died?
5. In Section 2, how does Joana plan to get Emilia across the ice and past the soldiers and checkpoints?
6. In Section 1, what does Eva learn about Emilia by talking with her?
7. In Section 1, why did Emilia think that Florian would want nothing to do with her after he killed the Russian?
8. In Section 2, how does Emilia describe the crossing of the ice?
9. In Section 1, what does Emilia remember doing with her mother?
10. In Section 2, how does Florian think that the family of the manor house died?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)