|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 2, what does Florian do with the dead German's body that Emilia shot?
(a) Throws it in a cellar.
(b) Drags into the thicket.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Stuffs it in a hollow log.
2. In Section 2, what food is left from dinner in the manor house that the group finds?
(a) Sandwiches and pastries.
(b) Cheese and soup.
(c) Bread and soup.
(d) Meat and vegetables.
3. In Section 2, how high does Alfred say that the Gustloff is?
(a) 71 meters.
(b) 62 meters.
(c) 45 meters.
(d) 56 meters.
4. In Section 1, what color sweater does Alfred remember Hannelore wearing?
5. In Section 2 , who does Emilia like to pretend is the father of her baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 1, how long ago did Joana become a deserter?
2. In Section 2, what color has the Gustloff been painted?
3. In Section 2, what toy does Joan find on a step leading to the upper level of the house where the group is staying?
4. What identity does Emilia assume at Joana's insistence in Section 2?
5. In Section 1, where is Emilia hiding?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 2, how does Florian describe Dr. Lange's daughter?
2. In Section 2, what is the Amber Room?
3. In Section 2, what amenities does Alfred describe of the Gustloff?
4. In Section 2, how does Emilia describe the crossing of the ice?
5. In Section 2, what happens as Ingrid crosses the ice?
6. In Section 2, why might it be a problem for Ingrid to cross the ice?
7. How did a six-year-old boy come to travel with Joana and her group in Section 1?
8. In Section 1, how does the shoe poet say that a frozen woman that Joana's group passes died?
9. In Section 1, what does Alfred say about Operation Hannibal as he imagines writing a letter to Hannelore?
10. In Section 2, what does the group find in the dining room of the manor house?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)