|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 2, what nationality is the singer who is singing on a record the group plays on a gramophone at the manor house?
2. In Section 2, what type of preserves does Emilia remember Florian giving her when the group was at the manor house?
3. In Section 1, how long ago did Joana become a deserter?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
4. In Section 1, how old is Eva?
5. In Section 2, what does Alfred say is the Gustloff's capacity?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2, what food is left from dinner in the manor house that the group finds?
2. In Section 1, how old is the little boy who began following Joana's group?
3. In Section 1, what is Emilia's nationality?
4. In Section 2, how long does Alfred say that the Gustloff is?
5. In Section 2, how many babies does Alfred say were born in Stolp after the Russians invaded?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 2, why does Joana say that Florian and Emilia should travel with the group?
2. In Section 1, what does Eva learn about Emilia by talking with her?
3. In Section 2, what happens as Ingrid crosses the ice?
4. In Section 1, what does Joana notice when Florian and Emilia come into the barn where Joana's group is staying?
5. In Section 1, how does Joana think she is like a blind girl?
6. In Section 2, what does Joana see as they approach the manor house?
7. In Section 1, why did Emilia think that Florian would want nothing to do with her after he killed the Russian?
8. In Section 1, what does Joana say about the war and what has been happening for the last four years?
9. In Section 2, what is the Amber Room?
10. In Section 2, what amenities does Alfred describe of the Gustloff?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)