|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 2, what temperature does he mention that Alfred is battling?
2. In Section 1, when does Joana remember Germany invading Russia?
3. In Section 2, where does Emilia hit the German soldier when she shoots?
4. In Section 1, what does Florian remember missing when he was working for Dr. Lange?
(a) New Year's.
(c) His father's birthday.
(d) His mother's birthday.
5. In Section 1, where does Joana remember her mother finding her a place to work?
(c) Medical clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 1, after rescuing Emilia, how many more kilometers does Florian need to walk before stopping for the night?
2. In Section 2, what does Joana want to find to treat blisters?
3. In Section 1, where does Alfred say that home is?
4. In Section 2, what is the Shoe poet doing after arriving at the manor house?
5. In Section 2, how many months pregnant does Joana tell Eva that Emilia is?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Section 2, what happens as Ingrid crosses the ice?
2. In Section 1, what does Joana tell about her story as she removes the shrapnel from Florian?
3. In Section 2, what is the story of the song "Lili Marleen"?
4. In Section 2, what amenities does Alfred describe of the Gustloff?
5. In Section 1, what does Joana say about the war and what has been happening for the last four years?
6. In Section 1, what does Emilia see after the Russian soldier accosts her?
7. In Section 2, how does Florian describe Dr. Lange's daughter?
8. In Section 2, what does the group find in the dining room of the manor house?
9. In Section 2, how does Joana plan to get Emilia across the ice and past the soldiers and checkpoints?
10. In Section 2, what does Joana see as they approach the manor house?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)