|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area did Koch obliterate according to Alfred in Section 3?
2. In Section 4 after vomiting constantly from seasickness, where does Alfred collapse?
(a) Ball room.
(b) C deck.
(c) Music room.
(d) E deck.
3. In Section 3, how many hot meals a day has Alfred been told that the passengers will receive?
4. In Section 3, were does Alfred find Florian when he goes to meet with him?
(c) Third pew from the back.
(d) Projection room.
5. In Section 3, what does Eva have on the wagon that she does not want to leave behind?
(a) Her mother's cradle.
(b) Silver and dishes.
6. In Section 3, what other ship does Alfred mention is sitting opposite the Gustloff?
7. In Section 4, how many nautical miles offshore does Alfred say that the ship is when he hears a loud bang and feels something slam into the ship?
8. In Section 4, how long does Florian tell the shoe poet that it has been since he saw his sister?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
9. When Florian's lifeboat pulls away in Section 4, who has his pack?
(c) Shoe poet.
10. In Section 4, when does Emilia remember older girls allowing her to make wreaths with them on the longest night of the year?
(a) The year she turned 14.
(b) The year her mother died.
(c) The year her grandmother died.
(d) The year she turned 13.
11. In Section 4, when does Joana tell Florian that her uncle and his family were sent to a gulag in Siberia?
(a) June 1941.
(b) July 1941.
(c) May 1941.
(d) April 1941.
12. What is the shoe poet's name?
13. In Section 3, how does Emilia say that Wilhelm Gustloff, the man the ship is named for, died?
(b) On the front lines.
14. In Section 3, what does Florian say that his mother died from?
(a) Heart attack.
15. In Section 3, how many pieces of art does Florian remember Dr. Lange telling him would be transferred from Poland to Germany?
(c) Over 50,000.
(d) About 45,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 4 after he gets seasick, how many passengers does Alfred say that he last heard the ship was carrying?
2. In Section 4, what time does Joana hear a loud bang and feel a massive jolt?
3. In Section 3, when does Emilia remember that the Russians invaded Poland from the east?
4. In Section 3, how many tons of amber does Florian say were in the Amber Room?
5. In Section 4, how many torpedoes does Alfred learn hit the ship?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)