|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 4 when Alfred collapses after vomiting constantly from seasickness, what toy does he damage?
(a) Rag doll.
(b) Stuffed rabbit.
(c) Stuffed bear.
(d) China doll.
2. In Section 4, how much over capacity does Alfred say that the ship is loaded?
(a) 10 times.
(b) 5 times.
(c) 3 times.
(d) 7 times.
3. In Section 4, how long does the shoe poet say that he was married?
(a) 55 years.
(b) 45 years.
(c) 52 years.
(d) 47 years.
4. In Section 3, as Alfred prepares to work around the clock until the ship sails, what is the temperature?
(a) -5 Fahrenheit.
(b) -10 Centigrade.
(c) -5 Centigrade.
(d) -10 Fahreheit.
5. In Section 3, where does Alfred say there is a lovely swimming area?
(a) E deck.
(b) D deck.
(c) F deck.
(d) b deck.
6. In Section 4, when does Emilia remember older girls allowing her to make wreaths with them on the longest night of the year?
(a) The year she turned 14.
(b) The year her grandmother died.
(c) The year she turned 13.
(d) The year her mother died.
7. In Section 4 after the torpedo hit, how was a little girl with a stuffed bear killed?
(a) Her mother dropped her.
(b) Grand piano rolled into her.
(c) She hit her head on a wall.
(d) She was trampled underfoot.
8. In Section 3 after Emilia gives birth, what type of food does Joana give her?
(a) Pea soup.
(d) Vegetable soup.
9. In Section 4 after his haircut from Joana, where does Florian wander and find the shoe poet and Klaus?
(a) B deck.
(b) C deck.
(c) D deck.
(d) A deck.
10. In Section 3, how does Florian say that his father died?
(b) Shot by a firing squad.
(d) In a concentration camp.
11. In Section 4, how many nautical miles offshore does Alfred say that the ship is when he hears a loud bang and feels something slam into the ship?
12. In Section 3, how many crates does Florian remember it took to crate up the Amber Room?
13. In Section 4, what music does Emilia hear on the ship's speakers?
(a) Folk songs.
(b) Classical music.
(c) Cheerful music.
(d) Military tunes.
14. In Section 4, how does Joana say that her uncle died?
(a) Tortured in a gulag.
(b) Executed by firing squad.
(c) Shot trying to escape.
(d) Tortured in a concentration camp.
15. As Joana walks with Emilia to the ship, what does she see on a mahogany desk in a building that has been damaged?
(a) Shattered vase.
(c) Torn books and ledgers.
(d) Jar of pencils.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 4, how long does Florian tell the shoe poet that it has been since he saw his sister?
2. In Section 3, how does Joana describe Emilia's eyes?
3. In Section 4, where does Florian remember being sent to live with his sister?
4. In Section 3, from what city does the show poet say that the little boy is from?
5. In Section 3, how many pieces of art does Florian remember Dr. Lange telling him would be transferred from Poland to Germany?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)