|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 4, what does Florian want to do in Kiel?
(a) Try not to get arrested and find his sister.
(b) Sell the amber swan.
(c) Hide until the war ends.
(d) Escape to America.
2. In Section 3, how many hot meals a day has Alfred been told that the passengers will receive?
3. In Section 4, how long does Florian tell the shoe poet that it has been since he saw his sister?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. In Section 3, how does Florian say that his father died?
(a) In a concentration camp.
(b) Shot by a firing squad.
5. In Section 4, when does Emilia remember receiving a sign?
(a) 5 years ago.
(b) 6 years ago.
(c) 4 years ago.
(d) 3 years ago.
6. How far is Kiel from Denmark?
(a) 100 kilometers.
(b) 75 kilometers.
(c) 50 kilometers.
(d) 125 kilometers.
7. What is the shoe poet's name?
8. In Section 4, what color ribbon does Alfred remember Hannelore wearing when they briefly played a game in the street?
9. In Section 3, how long does the poet say that he and the boy had to stand in line to get passes?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
10. What area did Koch obliterate according to Alfred in Section 3?
11. In Section 4 when Alfred goes to the infirmary because he is seasick, what is he told to do?
(a) Lie down.
(b) Have some tea.
(c) Eat some crackers.
(d) Go up top and look at the horizon.
12. In Section 4, when does Emilia remember older girls allowing her to make wreaths with them on the longest night of the year?
(a) The year she turned 14.
(b) The year her mother died.
(c) The year she turned 13.
(d) The year her grandmother died.
13. When Florian's lifeboat pulls away in Section 4, who has his pack?
(a) Shoe poet.
14. In Section 3, what other ship does Alfred mention is sitting opposite the Gustloff?
15. In Section 3 after Emilia gives birth, what type of food does Joana give her?
(a) Vegetable soup.
(d) Pea soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 4 when Emilia feels sea sick, what does Joana do for her?
2. In Section 3, how does Emilia say that Wilhelm Gustloff, the man the ship is named for, died?
3. In Section 4, how many refugees did Alfred's superior estimate were left in the port when the ship pulled anchor?
4. In Section 4 after the torpedo hit, how was a little girl with a stuffed bear killed?
5. In Section 4, how much over capacity does Alfred say that the ship is loaded?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)