|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, where does Alfred say there is a lovely swimming area?
(a) E deck.
(b) D deck.
(c) b deck.
(d) F deck.
2. In Section 4, what does Florian want to do in Kiel?
(a) Sell the amber swan.
(b) Escape to America.
(c) Hide until the war ends.
(d) Try not to get arrested and find his sister.
3. In Section 3, who does Florian say that he is named after?
(a) 17th-century poet.
(b) 14th-century playwright.
(c) 16th-century painter.
(d) 15th-century sculptor.
4. In Section 3, how many bathrooms does Joana say that the Gustloff has?
5. In Section 3, where does Florian wait for Alfred?
(b) Inspection line.
(c) Movie house.
6. During what celebration did Emilia remember receiving a sign in Section 4?
(a) St. John's Night.
(b) All Saints Day.
(c) Her birthday.
7. In Section 4, how many refugees did Alfred's superior estimate were left in the port when the ship pulled anchor?
8. In Section 4, what music does Emilia hear on the ship's speakers?
(a) Folk songs.
(b) Cheerful music.
(c) Classical music.
(d) Military tunes.
9. In Section 3, how long does the poet say that he and the boy had to stand in line to get passes?
(a) 5 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
10. In Section 3, how many showers does Joana say are on the Gustloff?
11. In Section 3, were does Alfred find Florian when he goes to meet with him?
(b) Third pew from the back.
(d) Projection room.
12. In Section 4 when Emilia feels sea sick, what does Joana do for her?
(a) Eat crackers.
(b) Sip broth.
(c) Lie down.
(d) Wrap cold towels around her feet.
13. In Section 3, what type of art does Florian remember that Hitler wanted to create?
14. In Section 4, where does Florian remember being sent to live with his sister?
(a) Family friends.
(b) Great uncle.
(d) Great aunt.
15. In Section 4, when does Emilia remember older girls allowing her to make wreaths with them on the longest night of the year?
(a) The year she turned 14.
(b) The year her grandmother died.
(c) The year she turned 13.
(d) The year her mother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Florian's lifeboat pulls away in Section 4, who has his pack?
2. In Section 3, how many pieces of art does Florian remember Dr. Lange telling him would be transferred from Poland to Germany?
3. In Section 4, when does Joana tell Florian that her uncle and his family were sent to a gulag in Siberia?
4. In Section 4 when Alfred goes to the infirmary because he is seasick, what is he told to do?
5. In Section 3, what does Emilia remember eating when her mother died of childbirth?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)