|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 1, how many Poles does Florian remember his father saying were killed by the Nazis?
(a) Half a million.
(b) Tens of thousands.
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
2. In Section 2, where does Joana say that the group plans to cross the ice?
3. In Section 2, what does Alfred say is the Gustloff's capacity?
4. In Section 2, what nationality is the singer who is singing on a record the group plays on a gramophone at the manor house?
5. In Section 2, where does Florian remember that his father sent his sister?
6. In Section 2, what does Alfred say that Hannelore's father owned?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Furniture factory.
(c) Clock factory.
(d) Law practice.
7. In Section 1, who does Joana remember that Ingrid was traveling with when she became separated?
8. What identity does Emilia assume at Joana's insistence in Section 2?
9. In Section 2, what temperature does he mention that Alfred is battling?
10. In Section 1, what does Emilia's crying remind Florian of?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His sister Anni.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
11. In Section 2, how old does Alfred say that the Gustloff is?
12. In Section 2, what type of soup does the group have at the manor house?
13. In Section 1, where does Alfred say that home is?
14. In Section 1, from whom does the shoe poet guess that Joana got her boots?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A friend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
15. In Section 1, what is Emilia's nationality?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2, when does Florian say that the Nazis stole the Amber Room?
2. In Section 1, how large does Joana remember the shrapnel being that she removed from Florian?
3. In Section 1, what do panicked villages tell stories of Russian solders wearing according to Alfred?
4. In Section 2, when does Florian say that he wants to try to cross the ice?
5. In Section 2, where does Alfred say that a private luxury suite is located on the Gustloff?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)