|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 1, what does Florian remember missing when he was working for Dr. Lange?
(a) His mother's birthday.
(c) His father's birthday.
(d) New Year's.
2. In Section 1, what month is it?
3. In Section 2, when does Florian say that the Nazis stole the Amber Room?
4. In Section 2, who is the author of a book that Joana sees in the library of the manor house where the group is staying?
(a) Herman Melville.
(b) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Charles Dickens.
5. In Section 1, what is Ingrid's handicap?
(a) Down's syndrome.
(d) Club foot.
6. In Section 1, how large does Joana remember the shrapnel being that she removed from Florian?
(a) Size of a cherry.
(b) Size of Florian's thumb.
(c) Size of a bottle cap.
(d) Size of a strawberry.
7. In Section 1, what do panicked villages tell stories of Russian solders wearing according to Alfred?
(b) Necklaces made from toes of the dead.
(c) Necklaces made from the teeth of children.
(d) Necklaces made from fingers of the dead.
8. In Section 1, where does Joana remember working with a surgeon at a hospital?
9. In Section 1, where is Alfred hiding when he is supposed to be working?
(a) Storage shed.
(b) Water closet.
(c) Supply closet.
(d) His room.
10. In Section 2, what does Joana want to find to treat blisters?
(a) Oak tree.
(c) Willow bark.
11. In Section 2, how old does Eva think that Florian is?
(a) 18 or 19.
(b) 20 or 21.
(c) 19 or 20.
(d) 22 or 23.
12. In Section 1, who does Joana remember that Ingrid was traveling with when she became separated?
13. In Section 2, what color has the Gustloff been painted?
14. In Section 1, how old was the woman Joana found dead in the snow?
(b) Probably twenties.
(d) Maybe teens.
15. In Section 2, what does Alfred say was the most recent use of the Gustloff?
(a) Officers' training classes.
(d) Submarine training school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2, what is the name of a friend that Florian had who died in service?
2. In Section 1, what is Emilia's nationality?
3. In Section 2, what food is left from dinner in the manor house that the group finds?
4. In Section 2, what nationality is the singer who is singing on a record the group plays on a gramophone at the manor house?
5. In Section 1, from where did Joana flee?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)