|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 1, where does Florian go to hide?
(a) Potato cellar.
2. In Section 2, when does Florian say that he wants to try to cross the ice?
3. In Section 1, where is Alfred hiding when he is supposed to be working?
(a) Supply closet.
(b) His room.
(c) Storage shed.
(d) Water closet.
4. In Section 1, what color sweater does Alfred remember Hannelore wearing?
5. In Section 2, what type of soup does the group have at the manor house?
6. In Section 1, how many Poles does Florian remember his father saying were killed by the Nazis?
(a) Hundreds of thousands.
(b) Half a million.
(c) Tens of thousands.
7. In Section 1, who does Joana remember that Ingrid was traveling with when she became separated?
8. In Section 1, where does Alfred say that home is?
9. In Section 2, how many babies does Alfred say were born in Stolp after the Russians invaded?
10. In Section 2, how old does Alfred say that the Gustloff is?
11. In Section 1, where do Joana and her group decide to settle for the night?
(b) Deserted barn.
(d) Deserted house.
12. In Section 2, how long does Alfred say that the Gustloff is?
(a) 312 meters.
(b) 275 meters.
(c) 208 meters.
(d) 175 meters.
13. In Section 1, after rescuing Emilia, how many more kilometers does Florian need to walk before stopping for the night?
(a) 1 1/2.
14. In Section 1, what does the shoemaker say killed the woman Joana found dead in the snow?
(d) Lack of warm clothes.
15. In Section 2, where does Emilia hit the German soldier when she shoots?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2 , who does Emilia like to pretend is the father of her baby?
2. In Section 1, how old is Eva?
3. In Section 1, how old is the little boy who began following Joana's group?
4. In Section 2, how old does Eva think that Florian is?
5. In Section 1, when did a small boy join Joana's group?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)