|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4: Pages 298-349.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 2, how many babies does Alfred say were born in Stolp after the Russians invaded?
2. In Section 3, what is the name of the doctor that Joana is assisting?
3. In Section 2, what is the Shoe poet doing after arriving at the manor house?
(a) Smoking a pipe.
(b) Putting his feet up.
(c) Polishing his boots.
(d) Reading to the boy.
4. In Section 2, what toy does Joan find on a step leading to the upper level of the house where the group is staying?
(a) Porcelain doll.
(b) Stuffed teddy bear.
(c) Stuffed rabbit.
(d) Rag doll.
5. In Section 1, how large does Joana remember the shrapnel being that she removed from Florian?
(a) Size of a bottle cap.
(b) Size of a cherry.
(c) Size of Florian's thumb.
(d) Size of a strawberry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 1, where do Joana and her group decide to settle for the night?
2. In Section 4, how long does the shoe poet say that he was married?
3. In Section 4 when Alfred goes to the infirmary because he is seasick, what is he told to do?
4. In Section 1, when did a small boy join Joana's group?
5. In Section 1, where does Joana remember working with a surgeon at a hospital?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)