|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark Petrie initially refuse to do in answer to these knocks on his window?
(a) Mark refuses to invite the vampire inside.
(b) Mark calls his dad to deal with the annoyence.
(c) Mark leaves the room, ignoring the knocks.
(d) Mark refuses to acknowledge the knocks at all.
2. Why does Mark go to the cellar?
(a) To rescue Susan.
(b) To kill Barlow.
(c) To escape through the cellar door.
(d) To find proof of vampires.
3. Whose bodies does Jimmy Cody tell Matt are missing from the morgue?
(a) Randy McDougall and Susan Norton's.
(b) Floyd Tibbits and Randy McDougall's.
(c) Randy McDougall and Sandy McDougall's.
(d) Floyd Tibbits and Danny Glick's.
4. Whose body does Matt suggest they ask Jimmy Cody to have exhumed?
(a) Danny Glick's.
(b) Floyd Tibbits'.
(c) Randy McDougall's.
(d) Ann Norton's.
5. Who does Father Callahan try to call after leaving the hospital?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) Ben Mears.
(c) Matt Burke.
(d) Susan Norton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ties Mark up in the room where Ben saw a ghost when he was nine years old?
2. What was the source of information regarding the girl killed by vampires?
3. What books does Father Callahan notice on the patient's bedside table?
4. Who blesses this creation? Why?
5. What mode of transportation do these characters take when they run away from Jerusalem's Lot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who goes to the Marsten House? What do they find there?
2. Who comes to visit Matt Burke in Chapter 13?
3. Who does Ben bury in the backyard of the Petrie house? Why?
4. What happens to Matt when he sees Mike return to his guest room as a vampire?
5. What does Father Callahan initially believe is the cause of Matt's story about the vampires in Jerusalem's Lot?
6. With whom does Susan argue in the beginning of Chapter 9? Why?
7. Where does Susan go on her own in Chapter 11? For what purpose?
8. What information does Matt Burke hope to learn from library books he requests be brought to him in the hospital?
9. How does Mark escape from the rope with which Straker has tied him? How does Mark escape Straker?
10. What do Franklin Bodden and Virgil Rathburn find when they visit the dump in Chapter 10?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)