|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susan stop to buy on her way to her destination?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A camera.
(c) A bikini.
(d) A gun.
2. What do Ben and Jimmy fail to tell the police when they come later that night?
(a) That Barlow stole vital equipment from the morgue.
(b) That an intruder stole the bodies from the morgue.
(c) That Jimmy is a drug addict who attacked Ben for drugs.
(d) That Marjorie became a vampire.
3. What does Father Callahan agree to do after hearing the patient's story?
(a) To join the patient in fly fishing.
(b) To call the local psychiatrist.
(c) To join the resistance.
(d) To go to the police.
4. Who runs away from Jerusalem's Lot at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Susan and Mike.
(b) Mark and Ben.
(c) Ben and Father Callahan.
(d) Matt and Jimmy.
5. Which character is reported missing by her parents?
(a) Eva Miller.
(b) Ann Norton.
(c) Sandy McDougall.
(d) Susan Norton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mark eventually change tactics in regard to the knocks on his window?
2. What destroyed half of Jerusalem's Lot in 1951?
3. Who does Mark hear screaming in the basement?
4. Who turns Corey into a vampire on his way out of town?
5. Who is buried in the backyard of the Petrie home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who calls Susan with bad news later that same afternoon?
2. What does Susan hear at Matt's house while Matt is checking on a strange noise in the guest room of his house? What does Susan later find in the guest room?
3. Who comes to visit Matt Burke in Chapter 13?
4. Where does Susan go on her own in Chapter 11? For what purpose?
5. With whom does Susan argue in the beginning of Chapter 9? Why?
6. What is Ben forced to do while in the Marsten House? How does this connect to a tragedy in his past?
7. How does Mark escape from the rope with which Straker has tied him? How does Mark escape Straker?
8. What does Ben make a crucifix out of? What does this crucifix symbolize?
9. Who wakes to find her child dead in the beginning of Chapter 10? What is this person's reaction?
10. What is in the scrapbook Ben has kept since leaving Jerusalem's Lot?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)