|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many families have lived in Marsten House since the murders?
2. Why is Parkins Gillespie unconcerned about the missing boy?
(a) He thinks he will come home when he is hungry.
(b) He thinks he went to a friends and lost track of time.
(c) He thinks he only got lost.
(d) He thinks he knows where he is.
3. Who becomes frightened while walking through the woods in Chapter 3?
(a) Danny and Ralphie Glick.
(b) Ben Mears.
(c) Hank Peters.
(d) Mark Petrie.
4. Where is Ben instructed to go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To Weasel's bedroom.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To Matt's house.
5. When did Mike's troubles begin?
(a) The day his wife left him.
(b) After Danny Glick's funeral.
(c) When the state legislature was last in session.
(d) Since his wife got a new boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan tell Ben before leaving him for the night in Chapter 5?
2. Who is traveling with the tall man in Chapter 1?
3. Who insists on caring for this person, admitting she has done it many times before?
4. What does Larry Crockett say might be a consequence of Hank's going to the police?
5. Who does Ben Mears meet in the park in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Glick demand Danny do during the funeral for Danny Glick?
2. Which children go missing in Chapter 4? Who sounds the alarm?
3. Why does Ben decide to go out again after leaving Susan at home after their second dinner with her parents?
4. What takes place in Harmony Hill Cemetery at midnight on the day depicted in Chapter 3?
5. Who sold the Marsten House to Straker and Barstow? Why?
6. What is unusual about the format of Chapter 3?
7. What do Ben and Matt discuss over dinner in Chapter 7?
8. What does Ben find when he arrives at Matt's house?
9. Why does Matt call Ben in the middle of the night? What does he ask him to bring?
10. Who are the tall man and the boy?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)