|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Matt and Ben decide to go that evening after the dead man has been taken from Matt's house?
(a) The morgue.
(b) The police station.
(c) The funeral home.
(d) Marsten House.
2. Who was it that died in the fatal motorcycle accident in which one of the characters of the novel was driving?
(a) Straker's sister.
(b) Mike Ryerson's brother.
(c) Dud Rogers' cousin.
(d) Ben Mears' wife.
3. Who dug the grave prior to the service?
(a) Mike Ryerson and Royal Snow.
(b) Royal Snow and Bill Norton.
(c) Mike Ryerson and Mr. Glick.
(d) Royal Snow and Weasel Craig.
4. What does Mike Ryerson find when he goes to work at the cemetery in Chapter 3?
(a) A child hanging from a spike on the gate.
(b) Tombstones have been stolen.
(c) A grave has been disturbed.
(d) Doc, a local dog, hanging from a spike on the gate.
5. Where is Ben instructed to go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To Weasel's bedroom.
(c) To Matt's house.
(d) To the cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Matt believe is dead in his guest room?
2. When did Mike's troubles begin?
3. Why does Ben Mears go to Matt Burke's English class?
4. What does Matt ask if Ben will do for him?
5. What story does the tall man find interesting in the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which children go missing in Chapter 4? Who sounds the alarm?
2. Who sold the Marsten House to Straker and Barstow? Why?
3. Who died in the Marsten House in 1939?
4. Which of the brothers eventually arrives home? What condition is he in?
5. What is the book Ben is currently writing about?
6. What do Ben and Susan discuss is still living in the Marsten House?
7. What is usual about the box that two movers are ordered to take to the Marsten House?
8. What is unusual about the format of Chapter 3?
9. What house does Ben Mears make note of as he drives into Jerusalem's Lot?
10. What does Hank Peters see in the Marsten cellar that he discusses with Larry Crockett?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)