|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was the Marsten House sold?
(a) Larry Crockett.
(b) Hubert Marsten, Jr.
(c) Ben Mears.
(d) Straker and Barlow.
2. Why does Parkins come to Matt's house to investigate the dead man?
(a) Parkins is the coroner.
(b) Parkins is the dead man's brother.
(c) Parkins is a curious neighbor.
(d) Parkins is the constable.
3. To what does a dark figure address while standing in the middle of Harmony Hill Cemetery?
(a) Lord of Flies.
(d) Lord of Darkness.
4. Who does Ben have dinner with in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) The Petrie family.
(b) The Norton family.
(c) The Burke family.
(d) The Glick family.
5. Why does Charlie Rhodes make two children get off the bus?
(a) For walking in the aisle while the bus is moving.
(b) For fighting.
(c) For kissing.
(d) For passing a note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ben Mears meet in the park in Chapter 2?
2. Who does Larry Crockett hire to do what Straker has requested?
3. Who does Ben urge Matt to call?
4. Who does Matt believe is dead in his guest room?
5. What does Susan tell Ben before leaving him for the night in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Matt run into at Dell's on Thursday night?
2. Who are the tall man and the boy?
3. Who does Ben meet while at Dell's bar?
4. To whom does Ben give a speech about his writing career?
5. What does Father Callahan attempt to hide from his housekeeper? Why?
6. What does Mr. Glick demand Danny do during the funeral for Danny Glick?
7. How does Susan know who Ben is when she sees him in the park? What does this tell the reader about Ben's career to this point?
8. What is unusual about the format of Chapter 3?
9. What does Ben find when he arrives at Matt's house?
10. Who sold the Marsten House to Straker and Barstow? Why?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)