|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark tell Susan he came to Marsten House?
(a) To burn the house.
(b) To kill Straker.
(c) To kill Barlow.
(d) To kill the evil ghost that haunts the house.
2. Who does Mark claim attempted to enter his house and bite him the night before?
(a) Mike Ryerson.
(b) Danny Glick.
(c) Ben Mears.
(d) Matt Burke.
3. Who tells Ben that Susan has been turned into a vampire?
(a) Jimmy Cody.
(b) Mike Petrie.
(c) Matt Burke.
(d) Ann Norton.
4. Who visits Mark at home that night?
5. What does Susan decide to do as a result of her argument with her mother?
(a) Break up with Floyd.
(b) Move out of the family home.
(c) Stop speaking to her mother.
(d) Stop speaking to Ben.
6. Who is buried in the backyard of the Petrie home?
(a) Jimmy Cody and Mr. and Mrs. Petrie.
(b) Matt Burke and Ann Norton.
(c) Father Callahan and Matt Burke.
(d) Susan Norton and Barlow.
7. Why does Mark Petrie sneak up on Susan in the woods outside the Marsten House?
(a) To frighten her.
(b) To ask her to leave the area for her own protection.
(c) To ask for her help in killing Barlow.
(d) Mark to let her know he is there without alerting the occupants of the house.
8. Who knocks on Mark Petrie's window?
(a) Danny Glick.
(b) Mike Ryerson.
(c) Susan Norton.
(d) Ben Mears.
9. What do Ben and Jimmy fail to tell the police when they come later that night?
(a) That Barlow stole vital equipment from the morgue.
(b) That Marjorie became a vampire.
(c) That an intruder stole the bodies from the morgue.
(d) That Jimmy is a drug addict who attacked Ben for drugs.
10. What does Susan learn has happened to Ben Mears in Chapter 9?
(a) Ben has been hospitalized after a fight with Floyd Tibbits.
(b) Ben has had a heart attack.
(c) Ben has been bitten by a vampire.
(d) Ben has been in a terrible motorcycle crash.
11. Who does Father Callahan try to call after leaving the hospital?
(a) Matt Burke.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) Susan Norton.
(d) Ben Mears.
12. What mode of transportation do these characters take when they run away from Jerusalem's Lot?
13. Why is the patient confiding in Father Callahan?
(a) Because he is a priest, he has more free time on his hands.
(b) As a priest, it is assumed his faith would be strong and can be used to fight the vampires.
(c) Because he is a priest, he has access to holy water.
(d) Because he is a priest, others would most likely believe anything he says.
14. What did Mark see on Barlow's hand that gives him a clue as to where he is hiding?
(a) Black dust.
(b) Red ink.
(c) White paint.
(d) Blue chalk.
15. Why do Jimmy and Ben go to the morgue?
(a) To watch the autopsy of Marjorie Glick.
(b) To watch over Marjorie Glick's body.
(c) To watch the exhumation of Danny Glick's grave.
(d) To check the autopsy report on Floyd Tibbits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns Corey into a vampire on his way out of town?
2. Who do Mark and Susan run into as soon as they enter the house?
3. What happens to Marjorie Glick's body when the sun goes down?
4. Who finds Corey Bryant in his wife's bed?
5. Whose body does Matt suggest they ask Jimmy Cody to have exhumed?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)