|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is bitten while Jimmy and Ben are at the mortuary? By whom?
(a) Jimmy is bitten by a rat.
(b) Jimmy is bitten by Marjorie.
(c) Ben is bitten by Jimmy.
(d) Ben is bitten by Marjorie.
2. Who finds Corey Bryant in his wife's bed?
(a) Floyd Tibbits.
(b) Weasel Craig.
(c) Reg Sawyer.
(d) Matt Burke.
3. What does Susan stop to buy on her way to her destination?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A bikini.
(c) A camera.
(d) A gun.
4. What do Ben and Jimmy learn happened at the Glick home?
(a) There was a fire that destroyed the Glick home.
(b) Marjorie Glick died.
(c) Danny Glick has returned home.
(d) Ralphie Glick was returned home, unharmed.
5. What does Mark Petrie initially refuse to do in answer to these knocks on his window?
(a) Mark leaves the room, ignoring the knocks.
(b) Mark refuses to invite the vampire inside.
(c) Mark refuses to acknowledge the knocks at all.
(d) Mark calls his dad to deal with the annoyence.
6. Who calls Susan in Chapter 9 with bad news regarding Ben Mears?
(a) Eva Miller.
(b) Matt Burke.
(c) Father Callahan.
(d) Weasel Craig.
7. Who does Father Callahan try to call after leaving the hospital?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) Matt Burke.
(c) Ben Mears.
(d) Susan Norton.
8. What does this person tell Susan about the situation that brought Ben to the hospital?
(a) That Ben was not himself before he left the boarding house.
(b) That Ben was with another woman at the boarding house.
(c) That Matt and Ben killed Mike Ryerson.
(d) That Floyd was not himself when he attacked Ben.
9. What does Mark do to the vampire when it enters the house?
(a) Mark touches the vampire with a cross.
(b) Mark runs away.
(c) Mark is bitten.
(d) Mark allows his parents to be bitten.
10. What does Susan decide to do as a result of her argument with her mother?
(a) Break up with Floyd.
(b) Stop speaking to her mother.
(c) Stop speaking to Ben.
(d) Move out of the family home.
11. What does one of the people who returned to Jerusalem's Lot a year after Barlow's death drop into the brush?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A picture.
(c) A cross.
(d) A lit cigarette.
12. Who is killed by a busload of vampire children?
(a) Bill Norton.
(b) Jimmy Cody.
(c) Ben Mears.
(d) Charlie Rhodes.
13. Whose body does Matt suggest they ask Jimmy Cody to have exhumed?
(a) Ann Norton's.
(b) Danny Glick's.
(c) Randy McDougall's.
(d) Floyd Tibbits'.
14. What happens to Marjorie Glick's body when the sun goes down?
(a) Nothing, she is still dead.
(b) She wakes and rises.
(c) She is taken to the mortuary.
(d) She is autopsied.
15. What is in the scrapbook Ben Mears keeps?
(b) Newspaper articles.
(d) Press releases about his books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan learn has happened to Ben Mears in Chapter 9?
2. Why did a family who bought a farm in 'Salem's Lot leave it?
3. Why does Mark Petrie sneak up on Susan in the woods outside the Marsten House?
4. What do Ben and his companions find in the Marsten House.
5. What does Matt plan to have sent to his room at the hospital from the library?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)