|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Mark into the cellar?
2. What destroyed half of Jerusalem's Lot in 1951?
(b) An explosion.
3. What do Ben and his companions find in the Marsten House.
(a) Ralphie Glick.
(b) Many dead bodies.
(c) A letter from Barlow.
(d) An empty coffin.
4. What does the patient ask Father Callahan if he has noticed lately?
(a) Missing people in Jerusalem's Lot.
(b) People in Jerusalem's Lot seem more generous.
(c) The new occupants of Marsten House.
(d) Bats flying around at night.
5. What is in the scrapbook Ben Mears keeps?
(c) Press releases about his books.
(d) Newspaper articles.
6. Who does Susan learn died when she goes home in the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Ben Mears.
(b) Larry Crockett.
(c) Mike Ryerson.
(d) Floyd Tibbits.
7. What does Father Callahan agree to do after hearing the patient's story?
(a) To join the patient in fly fishing.
(b) To join the resistance.
(c) To call the local psychiatrist.
(d) To go to the police.
8. What does Matt plan to have sent to his room at the hospital from the library?
(a) Maps of the area.
(b) Local newspapers.
(c) Books about the supernatural.
(d) Census information.
9. Who attempts to fight Barlow with faith alone and fails?
(b) Father Callahan.
10. Who ties Mark up in the room where Ben saw a ghost when he was nine years old?
11. How does Mark keep his captor from blocking his escape?
(a) Mark uses a cot leg as a weapon.
(b) Mark escapes without making a noise.
(c) Mark uses a knife that was taped to his belly.
(d) Mark uses a hidden gun his captor missed when he searched him.
12. Who does Father Callahan try to call after leaving the hospital?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) Ben Mears.
(c) Susan Norton.
(d) Matt Burke.
13. Who is asked to search for this person reported missing?
(a) Ben Mears.
(b) Homer McCaslin.
14. Who does Mark hear screaming in the basement?
15. Who goes with Ben to the Marsten House?
(a) Mark, Jimmy, and Father Callahan.
(b) Dell, Mark, and Father Callahan.
(c) Mike, Susan, and Weasel.
(d) Jimmy, Mike, and Matt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the people who returned to Jerusalem's Lot a year after Barlow's death drop into the brush?
2. Who wakes to find her child dead?
3. Who is killed by a busload of vampire children?
4. Who calls Susan in Chapter 9 with bad news regarding Ben Mears?
5. What does Mark Petrie initially refuse to do in answer to these knocks on his window?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)