|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ben instructed to go in the middle of the night?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To Weasel's bedroom.
(c) To the cemetery.
(d) To Matt's house.
2. Who does Floyd Tibbits think is responsible for this occurrence?
(a) Bored teenagers.
(c) Devil worshipers.
3. How does the person who Ben meets in the park recognize him?
(a) From a picture that appeared in a magazine article.
(b) From a picture on a billboard.
(c) From a picture on the back of his books.
(d) From a picture that appeared in the local paper.
4. Where do Matt and Ben decide to go that evening after the dead man has been taken from Matt's house?
(a) The morgue.
(b) The funeral home.
(c) The police station.
(d) Marsten House.
5. What does Dud repeatedly ask his visitor to do?
(a) Buy him some beer.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Pay a bill.
6. What does Matt notice about Mike when he brings him a pair of pajamas?
(a) Bruises on his chest.
(b) New stitches along his hairline.
(c) Puncture marks on his neck.
(d) A new tattoo on his arm.
7. Why does Charlie Rhodes make two children get off the bus?
(a) For kissing.
(b) For fighting.
(c) For walking in the aisle while the bus is moving.
(d) For passing a note.
8. What does Straker call Larry Crockett to ask him to arrange?
(a) Straker wants some boxes taken both to the old laundry mat and the Marsten House.
(b) Straker wants the old laundry mat cleaned and painted.
(c) Straker wants to demolish a wall behind the laundry mat.
(d) Straker wants renovations done at the Marsten House.
9. What does Hank Peters see in Marsten House that makes him convinced something is not right about Straker and Barlow?
(a) Clothing that looks like the ones Ralphie was wearing when he disappeared.
(b) Blood all over the walls and floor of the cellar.
(c) Expensive paintings that must be stolen.
(d) Illegal drugs.
10. Who was it that died in the fatal motorcycle accident in which one of the characters of the novel was driving?
(a) Straker's sister.
(b) Mike Ryerson's brother.
(c) Ben Mears' wife.
(d) Dud Rogers' cousin.
11. What does Ben tell Matt the subject of his new book is about?
(a) Hubert and Birdie Marsten.
(b) The history of Jerusalem's Lot.
(c) The disappearances of four children and the history of Marsten House.
12. Where did Ben Mears live for several years as a child?
(a) Los Zapatos.
(b) Jerusalem's Lot.
13. To what does a dark figure address while standing in the middle of Harmony Hill Cemetery?
(a) Lord of Darkness.
(b) Lord of Flies.
14. Who is in the import-export business, according to Parkins' friend at the FBI?
(b) Ben Mears.
(c) Matt Burke.
(d) Larry Crockett.
15. What does this person become convinced of as he buries the casket, causing him to dig the casket up again?
(a) That Danny is not in the casket.
(b) That Danny's eyes are open.
(c) That Danny is still alive.
(d) That Danny is afraid of the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is forced to bury the casket alone when his partner fails to return after the service?
2. Which Glick child arrives home shortly after Marjorie raises the alarm?
3. Who does Ben Mears meet in the park in Chapter 2?
4. Where does Ben go after dinner in Chapter 5?
5. Who does Larry Crockett hire to do what Straker has requested?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)