|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What house catches Ben's attention as he arrives at his destination in 1975?
(a) The Iron Works.
(b) Dud's Bar.
(c) Marsten House.
(d) His childhood home.
2. How many families have lived in Marsten House since the murders?
3. Where does Ben run into Matt Burke and Weasel Craig?
(b) The grocery store.
(d) Eva's boarding house.
4. Who do Ben and Matt decide to take with them that evening on their mysterious mission?
(a) Jimmy Cody.
(b) Mark Petrie.
(c) Eva Miller.
(d) Susan Norton.
5. Where is Danny Glick buried?
(a) The Glick Family Cemetery.
(b) Jerusalem's Lot Public Cemetery.
(c) Marsten Family Cemetery.
(d) Harmony Hill Cemetery.
6. Who dug the grave prior to the service?
(a) Royal Snow and Bill Norton.
(b) Mike Ryerson and Mr. Glick.
(c) Royal Snow and Weasel Craig.
(d) Mike Ryerson and Royal Snow.
7. What does Ben tell Matt the subject of his new book is about?
(a) The history of Jerusalem's Lot.
(b) Hubert and Birdie Marsten.
(c) The disappearances of four children and the history of Marsten House.
8. What does Hank Peters see in Marsten House that makes him convinced something is not right about Straker and Barlow?
(a) Blood all over the walls and floor of the cellar.
(b) Illegal drugs.
(c) Clothing that looks like the ones Ralphie was wearing when he disappeared.
(d) Expensive paintings that must be stolen.
9. Why does Ben Mears go to Matt Burke's English class?
(a) To give a speech about being a writer.
(b) To substitute teach for Matt.
(c) To talk about the dangers of motorcycles.
(d) To give a presentation on Dracula.
10. Who found the dead bodies in Marsten House in 1939?
(a) Parkins, a local cop.
(b) Bobby, the owner's son.
(c) Jerusalem, the town's mayor.
(d) Larry McLeod, the mail carrier.
11. Where is Ben staying while in Jerusalem's Lot?
(a) With Susan Norton.
(b) At Eva Miller's boarding house.
(c) In Marsten House.
(d) At the local hotel.
12. Who tells Floyd Tibbits about the thing Mike Ryerson found when he got to work that morning?
13. What makes the two men Larry Crockett hires for Straker feel uneasy, afraid?
(a) A dark figure who appears in the laundry mat window.
(b) A strange box that has no markings or custom tags.
(c) A dark figure behind Marsten House.
(d) A strange sound in the cellar of Marsten House.
14. Which Glick child arrives home shortly after Marjorie raises the alarm?
15. When did Mike's troubles begin?
(a) After Danny Glick's funeral.
(b) The day his wife left him.
(c) Since his wife got a new boyfriend.
(d) When the state legislature was last in session.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ben instructed to take with him when he leaves the boarding house in Chapter 8?
2. Who is Ben Mears?
3. Who insists on caring for this person, admitting she has done it many times before?
4. What story does the tall man find interesting in the newspaper?
5. Who does Ben have dinner with in the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)