|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the tall man who appears in Chapter 1?
(b) Real estate agent.
2. What does Matt hear as he tries to sleep that night?
(a) Fighting, as though over the phone.
(b) Mike snoring.
(c) Many, strange voices.
(d) Evil, childish laughter.
3. To whom was the Marsten House sold?
(a) Larry Crockett.
(b) Ben Mears.
(c) Hubert Marsten, Jr.
(d) Straker and Barlow.
4. Who comes to speak to Dud Rogers at the dump just as he is closing for the day?
(a) Matt Burke.
(b) Danny Glick.
(d) Mike Ryerson.
5. Who dared nine-year-old Ben Mears to go inside Marsten House?
(a) A group of older boys who wanted him to prove himself brave.
(b) A group of bullies who were threatening to beat Ben up.
(c) A group of local boys with whom he wanted to play pirates.
(d) A group of girls, one of whom Ben liked.
6. Who is the custodian at the local dump?
(a) Hank Peters.
(b) Dud Rogers.
(c) Royal Snow.
(d) Larry Crockett.
7. What disturbs the dreams of the tall man's companion?
(a) Bed wetting.
(c) A chronic cough.
(d) Loud noises.
8. What does Mike Ryerson find when he goes to work at the cemetery in Chapter 3?
(a) Tombstones have been stolen.
(b) A grave has been disturbed.
(c) A child hanging from a spike on the gate.
(d) Doc, a local dog, hanging from a spike on the gate.
9. Who does Ben Mears meet in the park in Chapter 2?
10. Where do Matt and Ben decide to go that evening after the dead man has been taken from Matt's house?
(a) The police station.
(b) The funeral home.
(c) Marsten House.
(d) The morgue.
11. Who is Marsten House named for?
(a) Marsten, the pig.
(b) Hubert and Birdie Marsten.
(c) Billy and Bobby Marsten.
(d) Marsten Real Estate.
12. Who is the local gossip in Jerusalem's Lot?
(a) Ann Norton.
(b) Sandy MacDougall.
(c) Eva Miller.
(d) Mabel Werts.
13. What does Matt believe caused the marks he notices on Mike?
(a) A drunken outing.
(b) A vampire.
(c) A brawl at the local bar.
(d) His soon-to-be ex-wife.
14. Who was it that died in the fatal motorcycle accident in which one of the characters of the novel was driving?
(a) Dud Rogers' cousin.
(b) Straker's sister.
(c) Mike Ryerson's brother.
(d) Ben Mears' wife.
15. What does Susan tell Ben before leaving him for the night in Chapter 5?
(a) She cannot see him anymore.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She wants to get married.
(d) She wants to be with Floyd Tibbits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this dark figure standing in the middle of Harmony Hill Cemetery appear to be holding?
2. Who insists on caring for this person, admitting she has done it many times before?
3. What do Matt and Ben agree has caused some odd changes in Jerusalem's Lot?
4. Who is Jimmy Cody and why does he come to Matt's house to investigate the dead man?
5. Who brings a photographer to Matt's house to investigate the dead man?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)