|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tall man sell that allows him to quit his job and leave California?
(a) A letter from his grandmother.
(b) A letter from his literary agent.
(c) A letter from his stock broker.
(d) A letter from his lawyer.
2. Who found the dead bodies in Marsten House in 1939?
(a) Larry McLeod, the mail carrier.
(b) Bobby, the owner's son.
(c) Parkins, a local cop.
(d) Jerusalem, the town's mayor.
3. What does Susan stop to buy on her way to her destination?
(a) A crucifix.
(b) A gun.
(c) A bikini.
(d) A camera.
4. Who do Mark and Susan run into as soon as they enter the house?
(c) Mike Ryerson.
(d) Danny Glick.
5. What happens in a dream that Mike tells Matt about?
(a) Mike's son is kidnapped by a dark figure.
(b) A friend of Mike's comes to the window and he invites him in.
(c) Mike kills his wife with a knife.
(d) Mike is impaled on a gate post like Doc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Susan hear as she waits for Matt to return from upstairs in Chapter 9?
2. What story does the tall man find interesting in the newspaper?
3. Who is in the import-export business, according to Parkins' friend at the FBI?
4. What does this person become convinced of as he buries the casket, causing him to dig the casket up again?
5. Who brings a photographer to Matt's house to investigate the dead man?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)