|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, April 30, 2000, Salem Falls, New Hampshire and Chapter 9, May 1, 2000, Salem Falls, New Hampshire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gillian stay home from school at the beginning of the book?
(a) She pretends to be sick.
(b) She fails out of her last class.
(c) She forges a note from her mother.
(d) She comes home when her father is at work.
2. Why does Jack take the plea deal even though he was innocent of the crime?
(a) He was protecting the girl.
(b) He was told it would stay off his record.
(c) The policemen said they would find something to arrest him for.
(d) There was a great deal of evidence against him.
3. What sport did Jack used to coach for a girls' school?
(a) Track and field.
(c) Field hockey.
4. What does Jack pretend to be to help Addie when he first meets her?
(a) A janitor.
(b) An inspector.
(c) A regular customer.
(d) A repairman.
5. What was Addie's father arrested for?
(a) Driving drunk.
(b) Obstructing justice.
(c) Statutory rape.
(d) Public lewdness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Delilah's occupation?
2. How did someone know to look for Stuart after his stroke?
3. Who does Thomas tell about his crush?
4. What was Addie's father driving when he was arrested?
5. How old was Addie's daughter when she died?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)