|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
(b) Joan's intervention and military success.
(c) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(d) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
2. What does Joan plan to do in Scene 5 now that she has returned victorious from the Siege at Orleans?
(a) To convince the palace to make her queen.
(b) To return to the pastoral life she knew before going into battle.
(c) To quietly fade into the background.
(d) To continue with the war.
3. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
(a) The hens are diseased.
(b) The eggs were stepped on.
(c) A fox killed the hens.
(d) Maid Joan's presence.
4. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
(a) A grotto.
(b) The Dauphin's castle.
(c) A church.
(d) The English castle.
5. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
(a) Her passion for war outweighs her desire to return to a life of boredom.
(b) She has always wanted to be royalty.
(c) She has tasted success and is now driven to become an important person in the castle.
(d) She is tired of war and wants to return home to her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
2. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
3. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
4. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
5. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)