|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new King of France in Scene 5?
2. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
(a) That they continue in war.
(b) That they make her queen.
(c) That they ally with Italy in a war against England.
(d) That they trust her in all matters of state.
3. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
(b) Rest for his army.
(c) Food for his army.
(d) A westward wind.
4. Why do the nobleman and the chaplain believe that Joan should be burned?
(a) For no reason at all.
(b) For her outright displays of disrespect to the English.
(c) For what they consider her supernatural powers.
(d) For what they consider treason.
5. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her lack of military prowess.
(b) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
(c) Her visions.
(d) Her forward nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after Joan's execution do the events in the Epilogue take place?
2. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
3. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
4. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
5. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)