|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) A favorable wind.
(b) An outbound current.
(c) Their talented oarsmen.
(d) The presence of their commander.
2. How do the new king and his advisers feel about Joan in Scene 5?
(a) They dislike her, but they respect her.
(b) They feel like she is an intruder in their presence.
(c) They wholly support her.
(d) Their feelings toward her are ambiguous.
3. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) The dedication the French army shows towards her.
(b) Her strong sense of feminism.
(c) The Dauphin's unquestioning belief in her.
(d) Her disconcerting political views.
4. In Scene 6, what is one of the reasons Joan says that she dresses in men's clothing?
(a) She prefers the comfort of men's clothing to that of women's clothing.
(b) It is appropriate attire for battle.
(c) She hates dresses.
(d) It is the only clothing available to her.
5. What does the French commander want his troops to attack?
(c) The English castle.
(d) The English reserves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Scene 6 open?
2. What do the men who condemned Joan feel after her execution?
3. What is Robert's profession?
4. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
5. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)