|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
(a) The French army.
(b) The English army.
(c) The Catholic Church.
2. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) The royal crown.
(b) The Dauphin's spirits.
(c) Her sword.
(d) The royal decree written on parchment.
3. What do the officials in Scene 6 discuss before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
(a) Joan's crimes and what the consequences should be.
(b) How to effectively try the girl without prejudice.
(c) What Joan's punishment should be since they already know she will confess.
(d) The severity of Joan's crimes.
4. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her lack of military prowess.
(b) Her visions.
(c) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
(d) Her forward nature.
5. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
(b) The mice from the barn begin following her.
(c) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(d) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
2. In Scene 6, what is one of the reasons Joan says that she dresses in men's clothing?
3. Joan discusses ___________ with a military officer while in the cathedral.
4. Who warns Joan that she is perilously close to a sin in her eagerness to continue battling?
5. What is one way that Joan feels about the group's reaction to her news in the king's dream in the Epilogue?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)