|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, the men discussing Joan fear she is a threat to what system?
(a) The church system.
(b) The caste system.
(c) The feudal system.
(d) The military system.
2. What nationality is the person leading the French army?
3. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
(a) Bring them food and water.
(b) Bolster morale and purpose.
(c) Inspire them to battle the Russians.
(d) Treat their wounds.
4. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
(b) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(c) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
(d) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
5. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her strong sense of feminism.
(b) The dedication the French army shows towards her.
(c) Her disconcerting political views.
(d) The Dauphin's unquestioning belief in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The play opens in what year?
2. What do the officials in Scene 6 discuss before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
3. In Scene 4, where are the two men who are discussing Joan?
4. What kind of actions does Dunois say the attempts for Paris are?
5. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)