|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
(a) Hang her.
(b) Canonize her.
(c) Burn her.
(d) Make her Queen of France.
2. In Scene 3, what happens right after Joan prays?
(a) The river parts, allowing the troops to cross.
(b) The English army retreats.
(c) The wind changes in their favor.
(d) A deer runs into the camp, allowing the troops to eat and avoid starvation.
3. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
4. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Continue the trial until she does submit.
(b) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(c) Damn her soul to hell.
(d) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
5. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) They have deserted the cause.
(b) Their morale has dropped.
(c) They have been defeated by the English.
(d) They have stalled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Joan when she refuses to admit guilt in Scene 6?
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
3. Who is responsible for Joan's situation in the beginning of Scene 6?
4. In Scene 4, the men discussing Joan fear she is a threat to what system?
5. Why do the nobleman and the chaplain believe that Joan should be burned?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)