|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) The steward.
2. In the Epilogue, by what is the king awakened?
(a) The sound of men's voices echoing in the hall.
(b) A sudden, loud rapping at his door.
(c) The howling of bloodhounds.
(d) A vivid dream about Joan.
3. What news does the King of France receive in the beginning of the Epilogue?
(a) That the king is being blamed for Joan's death.
(b) That Joan's ashes are being returned to him.
(c) That a second trial has exonerated Joan.
(d) That Joan is not really dead.
4. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
5. What makes then men who condemned Joan wonder if Joan will never completely die?
(a) Her heart would not burn nor would it sink in the river.
(b) The citizens of France take up her cause and expel the English from Paris.
(c) Her spirit is seen several times after her execution.
(d) She died, but her body did not burn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
2. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
3. What happens to Joan when she refuses to admit guilt in Scene 6?
4. In the king's dream in the Epilogue, who comes to tell the group news about Joan?
5. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)