|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Epilogue, what are the men in the king's dream discussing when Joan's news is announced?
(a) The state of France.
(b) Their own personal trials since Joan's trial and death.
(c) The trial and death of the young warrior, Joan.
(d) Current events.
2. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He cedes command to her.
(b) He holds her in check.
(c) He refuses to let her in camp.
(d) He encourages her to move forward.
3. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
(a) A fox killed the hens.
(b) The eggs were stepped on.
(c) Maid Joan's presence.
(d) The hens are diseased.
4. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(b) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
(c) To drive the English out of France.
(d) To be able to find a rich husband.
5. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) The mice from the barn begin following her.
(b) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
(c) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(d) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 5, why does Joan want to go to Paris?
2. In the beginning of Scene 6, how long has Joan's trial lasted?
3. In Scene 6, what does Joan have to do for the church officials to fulfill their commitment to Joan's soul?
4. What nationality is the person leading the French army?
5. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)