|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
(a) The course of history for France.
(b) English attitudes toward women.
(c) The French landscape.
(d) Church dogma.
2. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) The voices of her inner conscience.
(b) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(c) Her father's and mother's.
(d) Those of many demons.
3. In Scene 6, what does Joan risk by not submitting to the church officials' demands?
(a) Lifelong imprisonment.
(b) Being tortured.
4. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The King.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The Prince.
5. What is the ultimate result of Joan's trial?
(a) The banish her and send her to Iceland.
(b) The excommunicate her and condemn her to life imprisonment.
(c) They excommunicate her and condemn her to death by burning at the stake.
(d) They condemn her to death by hanging.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
2. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
3. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
4. In Scene 6, what does Joan have to do for the church officials to fulfill their commitment to Joan's soul?
5. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)