|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 6, what does Joan have to do for the church officials to fulfill their commitment to Joan's soul?
(a) Enter a nunnery.
(b) Admit that she has committed murder in the eyes of God.
(c) Admit that she has committed treason.
(d) Recant her sins.
2. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
(a) That she is a heretic.
(b) That she is a spy.
(c) That she is a saint.
(d) That she is a witch.
3. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
(a) The English army.
(c) The French army.
(d) The Catholic Church.
4. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
(b) Continue the trial until she does submit.
(c) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(d) Damn her soul to hell.
5. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
(a) A plan to overthrow the Dauphin.
(b) Financial matters of state.
(c) The dour state of France.
(d) What to have for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joan's demeanor during the trial is what?
2. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
3. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
4. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)