|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joan's demeanor during the trial is what?
2. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) The presence of their commander.
(b) An outbound current.
(c) Their talented oarsmen.
(d) A favorable wind.
3. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
(b) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(c) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
(d) That they will now have to follow Joan.
4. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
(a) Because he will not allow a woman to lead his army.
(b) Because he thinks Joan doesn't have any idea what she is doing.
(c) Because the English army is too powerful.
(d) Because of unfavorable wind conditions.
5. In Scene 4, Joan's charisma and legendary exploits are perceived as a threat to ____________.
(a) The English king.
(b) The Dauphin's chances to become king.
(c) The very structure of the Catholic Church.
(d) The feudal system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
2. In the king's dream in the Epilogue, who comes to tell the group news about Joan?
3. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
4. Where does Joan want to go next in Scene 5?
5. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)