|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
2. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(b) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
(c) Find food for the troops.
(d) Attack the close enemy.
3. What do the officials in Scene 6 discuss before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
(a) The severity of Joan's crimes.
(b) Joan's crimes and what the consequences should be.
(c) How to effectively try the girl without prejudice.
(d) What Joan's punishment should be since they already know she will confess.
4. What kind of actions does Dunois say the attempts for Paris are?
(a) Reckless and unnecessary.
(b) Cruel and disparaging.
(c) Frightening and specious.
(d) Bold and courageous.
5. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(b) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(c) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
(d) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, what does Joan have to do for the church officials to fulfill their commitment to Joan's soul?
2. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
3. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
4. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
5. The play opens in what year?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)