|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will live long as the ruler of France.
(b) He will marry the princess of Spain.
(c) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(d) He will regain France from the English.
2. The church officials believe that Joan has committed violations against __________________.
(a) The French monarchy.
(b) God and country.
(c) The English monarchy.
(d) The Catholic religion.
3. Where does Joan want to go next in Scene 5?
(b) Cote' d'Azur.
4. What happens to Joan when she refuses to admit guilt in Scene 6?
(a) She is immediately led to the stake and burned to death.
(b) She is given an extension on her trial and sent back to jail.
(c) She is banished from France and sent to Spain.
(d) She is sentenced to be hung until she is dead.
5. How do the new king and his advisers feel about Joan in Scene 5?
(a) They dislike her, but they respect her.
(b) They wholly support her.
(c) Their feelings toward her are ambiguous.
(d) They feel like she is an intruder in their presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
2. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
3. Where does the ceremony take place in Scene 5?
4. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
5. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)