|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
(a) The weak bonds between the Dauphin and his advisers.
(b) The English army's hold over the French people.
(c) The church and state infrastructure.
(d) The male domination of the military.
2. The play opens in what year?
3. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
(b) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(c) The mice from the barn begin following her.
(d) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
4. Joan discusses ___________ with a military officer while in the cathedral.
(a) The Dauphin's ceremony.
(b) Their upcoming nuptials.
(c) The future.
(d) Their success in battle.
5. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Toulouse and Nice.
(b) Marseille and Lyon.
(c) Champagne and Lorraine.
(d) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 5, why does Joan want to go to Paris?
2. In Scene 4, the men discussing Joan fear she is a threat to what system?
3. In Scene 6, an additional charge is brought against Joan for what?
4. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
5. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)