|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
2. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(a) The powerful men who surround him.
(b) The king of England.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
3. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(b) Find food for the troops.
(c) Attack the close enemy.
(d) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
4. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Cross the river.
(b) Defeat the Spanish.
(c) Get organized.
(d) Come up with a competent strategy.
5. Where does the ceremony take place in Scene 5?
(a) In the royal palace.
(b) The cathedral at Alsace.
(c) The cathedral at Champagne.
(d) The cathedral at Rheims.
Short Answer Questions
1. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
2. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
3. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
4. In Scene 6, what do the church officials threaten Joan with when she refuses to recant?
5. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)