|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 6, an additional charge is brought against Joan for what?
(a) Disrespect to royalty.
(b) Treason against England.
(c) Imitating a church official.
(d) Dressing in men's clothing.
2. What do the officials in Scene 6 discuss before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
(a) What Joan's punishment should be since they already know she will confess.
(b) The severity of Joan's crimes.
(c) Joan's crimes and what the consequences should be.
(d) How to effectively try the girl without prejudice.
3. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
(a) The uncomfortable living conditions at the camp.
(b) The lack of space in the encampment.
(c) The French spies and their ability to gain access to the English encampment.
(d) The English army's continuing list of battles lost to the French.
4. The church officials believe that Joan has committed violations against __________________.
(a) God and country.
(b) The English monarchy.
(c) The French monarchy.
(d) The Catholic religion.
5. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
(a) Pray for food.
(b) Pray for a change in fortune.
(c) Pray for rain.
(d) Pray for the English army to retreat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
2. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
3. Where does Joan want to go next in Scene 5?
4. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
5. In what year does Scene 6 open?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)