|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
(a) Her passion for war outweighs her desire to return to a life of boredom.
(b) She has tasted success and is now driven to become an important person in the castle.
(c) She has always wanted to be royalty.
(d) She is tired of war and wants to return home to her family.
2. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) They have been defeated by the English.
(b) Their morale has dropped.
(c) They have deserted the cause.
(d) They have stalled.
3. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A bag of gold coins.
(b) A wagon of food.
(c) The assistance of a few of his best men.
(d) His best steed.
4. What is Robert's profession?
(d) Military officer.
5. Where is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
2. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
3. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
4. With whom is Joan carrying on a discussion in Scene 5 while in the cathedral?
5. In Scene 5, what is one of the emotions felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)