|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) Complete military authority and control.
(b) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
(c) A significant land holding in Alsace.
(d) The crown jewels of France.
2. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
(c) No one.
(d) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
3. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
(b) The death of his wife.
(c) Joan's orders.
(d) His bad fortune.
4. What is one emotion felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
(a) Disinterest since she ignored their advice.
(b) Concern for her lack of funding.
(c) Disdain for her pride.
(d) Fear for her life.
5. In Scene 5, why is the king concerned about the lack of state funds?
(a) They would be unable to afford a wedding feast.
(b) If Joan goes to battle in Paris and gets captured, he would be unable to pay her ransom.
(c) He cannot afford to pay the troops.
(d) He cannot give Joan the military support she needs when she travels to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
2. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
3. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
4. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
5. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)