|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
(a) In the gardens.
(b) In the vestibule.
(c) In the reliquary.
(d) At the altar.
2. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her lack of military prowess.
(b) Her visions.
(c) Her forward nature.
(d) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
3. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
(a) The French army.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The English army.
4. What nationality is the person leading the French army?
5. What do the officials in Scene 6 discuss before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
(a) The severity of Joan's crimes.
(b) What Joan's punishment should be since they already know she will confess.
(c) How to effectively try the girl without prejudice.
(d) Joan's crimes and what the consequences should be.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
2. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
3. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
4. In the beginning of Scene 6, how long has Joan's trial lasted?
5. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)