|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
(a) The English army's hold over the French people.
(b) The weak bonds between the Dauphin and his advisers.
(c) The male domination of the military.
(d) The church and state infrastructure.
2. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
(b) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(c) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(d) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
3. In what month does Scene 6 open?
4. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) The royal crown.
(b) Her sword.
(c) The Dauphin's spirits.
(d) The royal decree written on parchment.
5. In Scene 5, what is one of the emotions felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
(a) Awe for her convictions.
(b) Happy for common sense.
(c) Afraid of her power.
(d) Bored with her lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert's profession?
2. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
3. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
4. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
5. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)