|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 6, Joan gives two reasons for dressing in men's clothing. Which of these is one of those reasons?
(a) She can't fit into her dresses.
(b) She is imprisoned in a men's prison.
(c) She hasn't been offered any women's clothing.
(d) The one dress she owns has been taken away.
2. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
(a) That the church might lose its power over the French monarchy.
(b) That individual citizens could be strengthened at the expense of the feudal system.
(c) That individual citizens might begin to band together in her support.
(d) That women might become powerful citizens.
3. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) The king of England.
(d) The powerful men who surround him.
4. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
(a) She was excommunicated from the Catholic Church.
(b) She was burned at the stake.
(c) She was thrown in jail.
(d) She was beheaded.
5. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Scene 6 open?
2. Who warns Joan that she is perilously close to a sin in her eagerness to continue battling?
3. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
4. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
5. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)