|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her disconcerting political views.
(b) The Dauphin's unquestioning belief in her.
(c) Her strong sense of feminism.
(d) The dedication the French army shows towards her.
2. What do the church officials in Scene 6 want Joan to do to acknowledge her guilt?
(a) Make a public apology.
(b) Accept excommunication.
(c) Enter a nunnery.
(d) Sign papers.
3. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Defeat the Spanish.
(b) Come up with a competent strategy.
(c) Cross the river.
(d) Get organized.
4. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
5. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Fall to their knees.
(b) Run away.
(d) Ask for her forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
2. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
3. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
4. What kind of actions does Dunois say the attempts for Paris are?
5. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)