|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Mental acuity.
(b) Physical beauty.
(c) Physical prowess.
(d) Domineering personality.
2. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) They have stalled.
(b) They have deserted the cause.
(c) They have been defeated by the English.
(d) Their morale has dropped.
3. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Incredible insight.
(b) Spiritual courage.
(c) Easy-going nature.
(d) A quiet strength.
4. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
(b) Joan's orders.
(c) The death of his wife.
(d) His bad fortune.
5. How do the new king and his advisers feel about Joan in Scene 5?
(a) They dislike her, but they respect her.
(b) They wholly support her.
(c) They feel like she is an intruder in their presence.
(d) Their feelings toward her are ambiguous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
2. Who is responsible for Joan's situation in the beginning of Scene 6?
3. In Scene 3, what is the goal of the French army?
4. The Dauphin goes through a ceremony in Scene 5. What is that ceremony?
5. In Scene 6, what occurs before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)