|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He cedes command to her.
(b) He encourages her to move forward.
(c) He refuses to let her in camp.
(d) He holds her in check.
2. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(b) To be able to find a rich husband.
(c) To drive the English out of France.
(d) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
3. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
(a) That they continue in war.
(b) That they make her queen.
(c) That they ally with Italy in a war against England.
(d) That they trust her in all matters of state.
4. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
5. What is one emotion felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
(a) Fear for her life.
(b) Concern for her lack of funding.
(c) Disdain for her pride.
(d) Disinterest since she ignored their advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
2. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
3. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
4. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
5. The church officials believe that Joan has committed violations against __________________.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)