|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
(b) University of Athens.
(c) University of Paris.
(d) University of London.
2. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
(a) He thinks it is exciting.
(b) He thinks it is miraculous.
(c) He thinks it is preposterous.
(d) He thinks nothing of it.
3. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A French spy.
(d) A bishop.
4. What do the church officials in Scene 6 want Joan to do to acknowledge her guilt?
(a) Enter a nunnery.
(b) Accept excommunication.
(c) Make a public apology.
(d) Sign papers.
5. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
(a) She was beheaded.
(b) She was burned at the stake.
(c) She was excommunicated from the Catholic Church.
(d) She was thrown in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
2. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. Where is Joan imprisoned?
4. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
5. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)