|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
(a) He thinks it is exciting.
(b) He thinks it is preposterous.
(c) He thinks nothing of it.
(d) He thinks it is miraculous.
2. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) The salvation of Joan's soul.
(b) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
(c) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
(d) An English victory.
3. How does Joan react to her colleagues' lack of enthusiasm for her plan to go to Paris in Scene 5?
(a) She takes what they say into consideration and decides to seek battle elsewhere.
(b) She ignores their admonitions.
(c) She agrees with them.
(d) She takes what they say into consideration and decides to go home.
4. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
(a) Pray for rain.
(b) Pray for food.
(c) Pray for the English army to retreat.
(d) Pray for a change in fortune.
5. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(b) Champagne and Lorraine.
(c) Toulouse and Nice.
(d) Marseille and Lyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one emotion felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
2. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
3. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
4. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
5. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)