|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To drive the English out of France.
(b) To be able to find a rich husband.
(c) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(d) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
2. With whom is Joan carrying on a discussion in Scene 5 while in the cathedral?
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The Archbishop.
3. What is Robert's profession?
(c) Military officer.
4. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The French army.
(d) The English army.
5. In Scene 3, what happens right after Joan prays?
(a) The English army retreats.
(b) The wind changes in their favor.
(c) The river parts, allowing the troops to cross.
(d) A deer runs into the camp, allowing the troops to eat and avoid starvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Joan when she refuses to admit guilt in Scene 6?
2. What kind of actions does Dunois say the attempts for Paris are?
3. What do the church officials in Scene 6 want Joan to do to acknowledge her guilt?
4. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
5. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)