|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sin is Joan warned about giving in to in Scene 5?
2. Who warns Joan that she is perilously close to a sin in her eagerness to continue battling?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The priest at Rheims.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The Archbishop.
3. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Joan's orders.
(b) His bad fortune.
(c) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
(d) The death of his wife.
4. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
(a) That the church might lose its power over the French monarchy.
(b) That individual citizens could be strengthened at the expense of the feudal system.
(c) That individual citizens might begin to band together in her support.
(d) That women might become powerful citizens.
5. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) His wife has run off with the steward.
(b) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(c) His political allies have turned traitor.
(d) His castle has no running water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
2. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
3. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
4. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
5. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)