|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) The Dauphin's spirits.
(b) Her sword.
(c) The royal crown.
(d) The royal decree written on parchment.
2. What do the church officials believe their duty to Joan is?
(a) To see her banished from France.
(b) To save her life.
(c) To save her reputation.
(d) To save her soul.
3. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
(b) The army's dedication to her.
(c) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
(d) The blessing of the Archbishop.
4. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Ask for her forgiveness.
(b) Fall to their knees.
(d) Run away.
5. Joan's demeanor during the trial is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The play opens in what year?
2. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
3. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
4. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
5. Why is Joan warned about sinning in Scene 5?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)