|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(a) The King.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) The Dauphin.
2. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(b) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(c) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(d) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
3. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(b) He bans Joan from the castle.
(c) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
(d) He asks his advisers their opinion.
4. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
(a) That Joan is sent by God.
(b) That their illness was easily cured.
(c) That he needs to buy new hens.
(d) That the hens were just being stubborn.
5. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(c) The steward.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for Joan's situation in the beginning of Scene 6?
2. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
3. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
4. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
5. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)