|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
(a) They pretend to welcome her but secretly conspire against her.
(b) They welcome her and her powers.
(c) They deny her authority.
(d) They reject her because she is a woman.
2. What do the church officials in Scene 6 want Joan to do to acknowledge her guilt?
(a) Enter a nunnery.
(b) Sign papers.
(c) Accept excommunication.
(d) Make a public apology.
3. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her power over animals.
(b) Her religious fervor.
(c) Her power over nature.
(d) The way she dresses.
4. Joan's demeanor during the trial is what?
5. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
(b) The English army.
(c) The French army.
(d) The Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
2. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
3. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
5. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)