|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He refuses to let her in camp.
(b) He encourages her to move forward.
(c) He cedes command to her.
(d) He holds her in check.
2. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(b) In the cathedral at Rheims.
(c) In a castle.
(d) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
3. How does Joan react to her colleagues' lack of enthusiasm for her plan to go to Paris in Scene 5?
(a) She ignores their admonitions.
(b) She takes what they say into consideration and decides to go home.
(c) She agrees with them.
(d) She takes what they say into consideration and decides to seek battle elsewhere.
4. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(c) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
(d) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
(a) He thinks nothing of it.
(b) He thinks it is exciting.
(c) He thinks it is miraculous.
(d) He thinks it is preposterous.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
2. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
3. What country is the setting for this play?
4. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
5. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)