|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
2. In Scene 6, what do the church officials threaten Joan with when she refuses to recant?
(a) Turn her over to the prisoners for whatever purpose those men see fit.
(b) Torture her.
(c) Put her in front of a firing squad.
(d) Throw her into a pit of snakes.
3. What country is the setting for this play?
4. Joan's demeanor during the trial is what?
5. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
(a) That women might become powerful citizens.
(b) That the church might lose its power over the French monarchy.
(c) That individual citizens might begin to band together in her support.
(d) That individual citizens could be strengthened at the expense of the feudal system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
2. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
3. What news does Bluebeard bring?
4. Why does the king turn down Joan's request to go to Paris in Scene 5?
5. To whom is Joan sold in Scene 6?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)