|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(b) His political allies have turned traitor.
(c) His wife has run off with the steward.
(d) His castle has no running water.
2. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
(b) An English victory.
(c) The salvation of Joan's soul.
(d) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
3. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
(a) He thinks nothing of it.
(b) He thinks it is exciting.
(c) He thinks it is preposterous.
(d) He thinks it is miraculous.
4. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The cows.
(b) The birds.
(c) The hens.
(d) The horses.
5. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) The death of his wife.
(b) Joan's orders.
(c) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
(d) His bad fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
2. Joan is single-minded about ____________ once she has been successful at the Battle of Orleans.
3. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
4. Why does the king turn down Joan's request to go to Paris in Scene 5?
5. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)