|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(b) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(c) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(d) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
2. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To declare war on England.
(b) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(c) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(d) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
3. In Scene 4, Joan's charisma and legendary exploits are perceived as a threat to ____________.
(a) The English king.
(b) The Dauphin's chances to become king.
(c) The very structure of the Catholic Church.
(d) The feudal system.
4. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(b) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
(c) To drive the English out of France.
(d) To be able to find a rich husband.
5. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
2. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
4. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
5. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)