|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) de Richeleau.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) Lord Chamberlain.
(d) Le Compte de Chablis.
2. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
3. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) Her father's and mother's.
(b) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(c) The voices of her inner conscience.
(d) Those of many demons.
4. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
(a) Control over animals.
(b) A vision of St. Margaret and St. Catherine.
(c) A piece of the True Cross.
(d) Otherworldly behavior and miracles.
5. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
(b) The English army.
(c) The French army.
(d) The Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
2. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
3. Why do the nobleman and the chaplain believe that Joan should be burned?
4. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
5. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)