|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
(b) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
(c) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(d) That they will now have to follow Joan.
2. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
3. What do the new king and his advisers think of Joan's advice in Scene 5?
(a) They think it is dangerous.
(b) They think it is an excellent idea.
(c) They think she should stay out of matters of state.
(d) They think she should pray about it and come back.
4. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
(b) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(c) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(d) He bans Joan from the castle.
5. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
2. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
3. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
4. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. What nationality is the person leading the French army?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)