|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sin is Joan warned about giving in to in Scene 5?
2. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
(a) Her plan to confront the King of England.
(b) Her plan to liberate Paris.
(c) Her plan to return home to her family.
(d) Her plan to build her own church.
3. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
(b) University of London.
(c) University of Athens.
(d) University of Paris.
4. What is one emotion felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
(a) Disdain for her pride.
(b) Concern for her lack of funding.
(c) Disinterest since she ignored their advice.
(d) Fear for her life.
5. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) The presence of their commander.
(b) A favorable wind.
(c) An outbound current.
(d) Their talented oarsmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
2. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
3. What country is the setting for this play?
4. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
5. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)