|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) Joan's intervention and military success.
(b) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
(c) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(d) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
2. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(a) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
(b) Find food for the troops.
(d) Attack the close enemy.
3. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
4. At which landmark is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) The Arc de Triomphe.
(b) La Tour Eiffel.
(c) The Loire River.
(d) The palace.
5. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That the Dauphin has passed away.
(b) That the war is being lost by the English.
(c) That the war is being lost by the French.
(d) That Joan is approaching the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
2. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
3. How do the new king and his advisers feel about Joan in Scene 5?
4. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
5. Why does the king turn down Joan's request to go to Paris in Scene 5?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)