|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The play opens in what year?
2. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
(a) That she is a witch.
(b) That she is a heretic.
(c) That she is a spy.
(d) That she is a saint.
3. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
(b) The chasse.
(c) The Ark of the Covenant.
(d) The cathedral at Rheims.
4. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) His political allies have turned traitor.
(b) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(c) His wife has run off with the steward.
(d) His castle has no running water.
5. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(c) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the person leading the French army?
2. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
3. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
4. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
5. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)