|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) They have deserted the cause.
(b) Their morale has dropped.
(c) They have stalled.
(d) They have been defeated by the English.
2. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) Complete military authority and control.
(b) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
(c) A significant land holding in Alsace.
(d) The crown jewels of France.
3. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(b) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
(c) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
(d) Joan's intervention and military success.
4. What is the name of the new King of France in Scene 5?
5. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
(a) In the vestibule.
(b) In the gardens.
(c) At the altar.
(d) In the reliquary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
2. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
3. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
4. In Scene 4, it is believed that __________ about Joan may cause the common individuals to defect.
5. Joan discusses ___________ with a military officer while in the cathedral.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)