|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) A significant land holding in Alsace.
(b) Complete military authority and control.
(c) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
(d) The crown jewels of France.
2. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
(a) University of Paris.
(c) University of London.
(d) University of Athens.
3. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) Beauty and strength.
(b) An heirloom sword.
(c) Fervor and talk of God.
(d) A big gun.
4. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) The steward.
5. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Get organized.
(b) Defeat the Spanish.
(c) Come up with a competent strategy.
(d) Cross the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
2. What does the French commander want his troops to attack?
3. Joan is single-minded about ____________ once she has been successful at the Battle of Orleans.
4. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
5. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)