|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(b) He bans Joan from the castle.
(c) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(d) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
2. In Scene 3, what is the goal of the French army?
(a) To come up with a new formation to fool the English army.
(b) To swim across the river.
(c) To defeat the English army.
(d) To find a way to obtain food for their starving troops.
3. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
(b) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(c) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
(d) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
4. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Come up with a competent strategy.
(b) Get organized.
(c) Defeat the Spanish.
(d) Cross the river.
5. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) Joan's intervention and military success.
(b) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
(c) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(d) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
2. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
3. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
4. In Scene 5, what is one of the emotions felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
5. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)