|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
(a) She was thrown in jail.
(b) She was excommunicated from the Catholic Church.
(c) She was burned at the stake.
(d) She was beheaded.
2. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
(a) That Joan is sent by God.
(b) That the hens were just being stubborn.
(c) That he needs to buy new hens.
(d) That their illness was easily cured.
3. What does the French commander want his troops to attack?
(a) The English castle.
(b) The English reserves.
4. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) Her father owes allegiance to him.
(b) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
5. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
(a) Otherworldly behavior and miracles.
(b) A vision of St. Margaret and St. Catherine.
(c) Control over animals.
(d) A piece of the True Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
2. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
3. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
4. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
5. With whom is Joan carrying on a discussion in Scene 5 while in the cathedral?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)