|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
(d) No one.
2. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Joan's orders.
(b) The death of his wife.
(c) His bad fortune.
(d) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
3. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(a) St. Margaret.
(b) Gilles de Rais.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
4. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
(b) University of Athens.
(c) University of London.
(d) University of Paris.
5. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
(a) She is tired of war and wants to return home to her family.
(b) She has tasted success and is now driven to become an important person in the castle.
(c) She has always wanted to be royalty.
(d) Her passion for war outweighs her desire to return to a life of boredom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
2. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
3. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
4. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)