|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) Her sword.
(b) The royal decree written on parchment.
(c) The Dauphin's spirits.
(d) The royal crown.
2. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
(a) That she is a spy.
(b) That she is a heretic.
(c) That she is a saint.
(d) That she is a witch.
3. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(b) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
(c) Joan's intervention and military success.
(d) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
4. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The hens.
(b) The birds.
(c) The cows.
(d) The horses.
5. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
(a) Father Dunois.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) Cardinal de la Courte.
(d) Archbishop de Vaucouleurs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
2. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
3. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
4. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
5. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)