|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) The mice from the barn begin following her.
(b) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(c) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
(d) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
2. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(a) The King.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) The Dauphin.
3. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The castle is abandoned.
(b) A military officer.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The King of England.
4. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
(a) They debate her authenticity.
(b) They praise her strength.
(c) They debate her connection to God.
(d) They doubt her faith.
5. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) His steward.
(c) A disembodied voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
2. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
3. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
4. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)