|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
2. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
(a) A con artist.
(b) A demon.
(c) A saint.
(d) A witch.
3. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
(a) Otherworldly behavior and miracles.
(b) A piece of the True Cross.
(c) A vision of St. Margaret and St. Catherine.
(d) Control over animals.
4. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
(a) Her passion for war outweighs her desire to return to a life of boredom.
(b) She has tasted success and is now driven to become an important person in the castle.
(c) She has always wanted to be royalty.
(d) She is tired of war and wants to return home to her family.
5. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
(a) The English commander and his second-in-command.
(b) The King of England and the English commander.
(c) A nobleman and a chaplain.
(d) Two calvary officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
2. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
3. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
4. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
5. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)