|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That the war is being lost by the French.
(b) That Joan is approaching the castle.
(c) That the Dauphin has passed away.
(d) That the war is being lost by the English.
2. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise a siege.
(b) Raise her rival's home.
(c) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(d) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
3. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He holds her in check.
(b) He cedes command to her.
(c) He refuses to let her in camp.
(d) He encourages her to move forward.
4. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her religious fervor.
(b) Her power over animals.
(c) Her power over nature.
(d) The way she dresses.
5. Who warns Joan that she is perilously close to a sin in her eagerness to continue battling?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) The priest at Rheims.
(d) The Archbishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
2. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
3. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
4. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
5. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)