|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new King of France in Scene 5?
2. Where does Joan want to go next in Scene 5?
(c) Cote' d'Azur.
3. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
(a) Her passion for war outweighs her desire to return to a life of boredom.
(b) She has always wanted to be royalty.
(c) She is tired of war and wants to return home to her family.
(d) She has tasted success and is now driven to become an important person in the castle.
4. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
(a) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) Gilles de Rais.
5. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Spiritual courage.
(b) Easy-going nature.
(c) A quiet strength.
(d) Incredible insight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
2. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
3. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
4. Why do the nobleman and the chaplain believe that Joan should be burned?
5. What sin is Joan warned about giving in to in Scene 5?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)