|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(b) Toulouse and Nice.
(c) Marseille and Lyon.
(d) Champagne and Lorraine.
2. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
(b) The blessing of the Archbishop.
(c) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
(d) The army's dedication to her.
3. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(b) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(c) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
(d) He bans Joan from the castle.
4. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(b) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(c) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(d) To declare war on England.
5. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(b) A ride into the nearest city.
(d) A cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
2. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
3. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
4. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
5. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)