|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
(b) Rest for his army.
(c) A westward wind.
(d) Food for his army.
2. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(b) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
(c) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(d) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
3. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In the cathedral at Rheims.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(d) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
4. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Planning strategy.
(c) Speaking with his second-in-command.
5. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(b) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(c) Her father owes allegiance to him.
(d) He is her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
2. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
4. The play opens in what year?
5. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)