|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(a) The king of England.
(c) The powerful men who surround him.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
2. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
(a) A fox killed the hens.
(b) The eggs were stepped on.
(c) Maid Joan's presence.
(d) The hens are diseased.
3. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
(b) Complete military authority and control.
(c) The crown jewels of France.
(d) A significant land holding in Alsace.
4. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Le Compte de Chablis.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) de Richeleau.
5. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her lack of military prowess.
(b) Her visions.
(c) Her forward nature.
(d) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
2. What is Robert's profession?
3. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
4. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
5. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)