|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will live long as the ruler of France.
(b) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(c) He will regain France from the English.
(d) He will marry the princess of Spain.
2. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) His political allies have turned traitor.
(b) His wife has run off with the steward.
(c) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(d) His castle has no running water.
3. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) No one.
(b) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
4. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Ask for her forgiveness.
(c) Run away.
(d) Fall to their knees.
5. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
(a) They deny her authority.
(b) They reject her because she is a woman.
(c) They pretend to welcome her but secretly conspire against her.
(d) They welcome her and her powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
2. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
3. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
4. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
5. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)