|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Le Compte de Chablis.
(b) Lord Chamberlain.
(c) de Richeleau.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
2. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
(a) Her lack of military prowess.
(b) Her boyish hairstyle and clothing.
(c) Her visions.
(d) Her forward nature.
3. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(b) Raise her rival's home.
(c) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(d) Raise a siege.
4. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(b) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
(c) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
(d) That they will now have to follow Joan.
5. Where is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. The play opens in what year?
2. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
3. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
4. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
5. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)