|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(b) Attack the close enemy.
(c) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
(d) Find food for the troops.
2. At which landmark is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) La Tour Eiffel.
(b) The palace.
(c) The Arc de Triomphe.
(d) The Loire River.
3. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(b) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
(c) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
(d) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
4. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Le Compte de Chablis.
(c) de Richeleau.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
5. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will marry the princess of Spain.
(b) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(c) He will live long as the ruler of France.
(d) He will regain France from the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
2. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
3. What country is the setting for this play?
4. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)