|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(b) Raise a siege.
(c) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(d) Raise her rival's home.
2. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) His bad fortune.
(b) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
(c) The death of his wife.
(d) Joan's orders.
3. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He refuses to let her in camp.
(b) He holds her in check.
(c) He cedes command to her.
(d) He encourages her to move forward.
4. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
(b) The power over life and death.
5. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
2. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
3. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
4. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
5. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)