|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(b) The voices of her inner conscience.
(c) Her father's and mother's.
(d) Those of many demons.
2. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(b) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(c) Raise a siege.
(d) Raise her rival's home.
3. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(b) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(c) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(d) To declare war on England.
4. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) An heirloom sword.
(b) Beauty and strength.
(c) Fervor and talk of God.
(d) A big gun.
5. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(b) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) Her father owes allegiance to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert's profession?
2. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
3. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
4. Where is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)