|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(d) Her father owes allegiance to him.
2. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(b) Toulouse and Nice.
(c) Marseille and Lyon.
(d) Champagne and Lorraine.
3. The play opens in what year?
4. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
(b) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(c) The mice from the barn begin following her.
(d) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
5. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He refuses to let her in camp.
(b) He cedes command to her.
(c) He encourages her to move forward.
(d) He holds her in check.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
2. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
3. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
4. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
5. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)