|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) Gilles de Rais.
2. What does the French commander want his troops to attack?
(b) The English reserves.
(d) The English castle.
3. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(b) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(c) To declare war on England.
(d) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
4. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(a) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
5. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) The crown jewels of France.
(b) Complete military authority and control.
(c) A significant land holding in Alsace.
(d) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
2. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
3. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
4. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
5. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)