|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Cross the river.
(b) Come up with a competent strategy.
(c) Get organized.
(d) Defeat the Spanish.
2. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) A big gun.
(b) Beauty and strength.
(c) An heirloom sword.
(d) Fervor and talk of God.
3. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) A significant land holding in Alsace.
(b) Complete military authority and control.
(c) The crown jewels of France.
(d) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
4. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Domineering personality.
(b) Physical beauty.
(c) Physical prowess.
(d) Mental acuity.
5. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(b) Champagne and Lorraine.
(c) Toulouse and Nice.
(d) Marseille and Lyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
2. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
3. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
4. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
5. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)