|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) Her sword.
(b) The royal crown.
(c) The Dauphin's spirits.
(d) The royal decree written on parchment.
2. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise a siege.
(b) Raise her rival's home.
(c) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(d) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
3. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A bag of gold coins.
(b) A wagon of food.
(c) His best steed.
(d) The assistance of a few of his best men.
4. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
(b) A westward wind.
(c) Rest for his army.
(d) Food for his army.
5. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
2. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
4. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)