|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
2. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
(a) Because the English army is too powerful.
(b) Because he thinks Joan doesn't have any idea what she is doing.
(c) Because he will not allow a woman to lead his army.
(d) Because of unfavorable wind conditions.
3. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
(b) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
(c) The blessing of the Archbishop.
(d) The army's dedication to her.
4. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
(a) They reject her because she is a woman.
(b) They deny her authority.
(c) They pretend to welcome her but secretly conspire against her.
(d) They welcome her and her powers.
5. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) An outbound current.
(b) A favorable wind.
(c) The presence of their commander.
(d) Their talented oarsmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
2. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
3. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
4. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
5. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)