|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
(a) They debate her authenticity.
(b) They doubt her faith.
(c) They debate her connection to God.
(d) They praise her strength.
2. The play opens in what year?
3. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In the cathedral at Rheims.
(b) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(c) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
(d) In a castle.
4. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(b) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
(c) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
(d) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
5. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) His steward.
(b) His wife.
(c) A disembodied voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
2. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
4. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)