|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The blessing of the Archbishop.
(b) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
(c) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
(d) The army's dedication to her.
2. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
(b) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(c) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(d) He bans Joan from the castle.
3. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(a) Find food for the troops.
(b) Attack the close enemy.
(c) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
4. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
(b) The death of his wife.
(c) His bad fortune.
(d) Joan's orders.
5. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(b) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
(c) In a castle.
(d) In the cathedral at Rheims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
2. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
3. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
4. In Scene 3, what is the goal of the French army?
5. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)