|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Domineering personality.
(b) Physical prowess.
(c) Mental acuity.
(d) Physical beauty.
2. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) A disembodied voice.
(c) His steward.
3. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) No one.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
(c) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
4. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
(a) That he needs to buy new hens.
(b) That the hens were just being stubborn.
(c) That their illness was easily cured.
(d) That Joan is sent by God.
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
(a) He thinks it is preposterous.
(b) He thinks nothing of it.
(c) He thinks it is miraculous.
(d) He thinks it is exciting.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
2. What country is the setting for this play?
3. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
4. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
5. At which landmark is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)