|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To declare war on England.
(b) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(c) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(d) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
2. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
(b) A westward wind.
(c) Rest for his army.
(d) Food for his army.
3. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) A disembodied voice.
(d) His steward.
4. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(c) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(d) Her father owes allegiance to him.
5. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
(a) That their illness was easily cured.
(b) That the hens were just being stubborn.
(c) That he needs to buy new hens.
(d) That Joan is sent by God.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
2. What news does Bluebeard bring?
3. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
5. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)