|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 3, what happens right after Joan prays?
(a) The English army retreats.
(b) A deer runs into the camp, allowing the troops to eat and avoid starvation.
(c) The river parts, allowing the troops to cross.
(d) The wind changes in their favor.
2. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To declare war on England.
(b) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(c) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(d) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
3. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(b) His political allies have turned traitor.
(c) His castle has no running water.
(d) His wife has run off with the steward.
4. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A horse.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A cow.
(d) A magic bird.
5. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Their morale has dropped.
(b) They have deserted the cause.
(c) They have stalled.
(d) They have been defeated by the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
2. What news does Bluebeard bring?
3. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
4. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. What country is the setting for this play?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)