|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At which landmark is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) The palace.
(b) La Tour Eiffel.
(c) The Arc de Triomphe.
(d) The Loire River.
2. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
(c) A good husband.
(d) The King's blessing.
3. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(b) Run away.
(c) Ask for her forgiveness.
(d) Fall to their knees.
4. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(a) Gilles de Rais.
(c) St. Margaret.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
5. In Scene 3, how do the men in battle feel about Joan?
(a) They reject her because she is a woman.
(b) They deny her authority.
(c) They pretend to welcome her but secretly conspire against her.
(d) They welcome her and her powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
2. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
3. The play opens in what year?
4. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
5. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)