|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He refuses to let her in camp.
(b) He holds her in check.
(c) He cedes command to her.
(d) He encourages her to move forward.
2. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A magic bird.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
3. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
4. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) Her sword.
(b) The royal crown.
(c) The Dauphin's spirits.
(d) The royal decree written on parchment.
5. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(b) That they will now have to follow Joan.
(c) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
(d) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
2. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
3. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
4. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
5. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)