|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
(a) A piece of the True Cross.
(b) Otherworldly behavior and miracles.
(c) A vision of St. Margaret and St. Catherine.
(d) Control over animals.
2. What does the French commander want his troops to attack?
(b) The English reserves.
(c) The English castle.
3. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(b) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
(c) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
(d) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
4. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will marry the princess of Spain.
(b) He will live long as the ruler of France.
(c) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(d) He will regain France from the English.
5. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
2. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
3. In Scene 3, what happens right after Joan prays?
4. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)