|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
(a) The Dauphin himself.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) Gilles de Rais.
(d) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
2. In Scene 3, what is the goal of the French army?
(a) To come up with a new formation to fool the English army.
(b) To swim across the river.
(c) To find a way to obtain food for their starving troops.
(d) To defeat the English army.
3. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) The crown jewels of France.
(b) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
(c) A significant land holding in Alsace.
(d) Complete military authority and control.
4. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(b) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(c) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(d) To declare war on England.
5. In Scene 3, what happens right after Joan prays?
(a) The wind changes in their favor.
(b) A deer runs into the camp, allowing the troops to eat and avoid starvation.
(c) The river parts, allowing the troops to cross.
(d) The English army retreats.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
2. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
3. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
5. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)