|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) An outbound current.
(b) Their talented oarsmen.
(c) The presence of their commander.
(d) A favorable wind.
2. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(b) He bans Joan from the castle.
(c) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(d) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
3. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
(b) de Rais.
(c) de la Tremouille.
(d) de Baudricourt.
4. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
(a) A piece of the True Cross.
(b) A vision of St. Margaret and St. Catherine.
(c) Control over animals.
(d) Otherworldly behavior and miracles.
5. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The hens.
(b) The birds.
(c) The horses.
(d) The cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. At which landmark is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
2. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)