|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) Her father owes allegiance to him.
(c) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(d) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
2. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The hens.
(b) The cows.
(c) The birds.
(d) The horses.
3. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
(a) Pray for the English army to retreat.
(b) Pray for rain.
(c) Pray for food.
(d) Pray for a change in fortune.
4. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
(b) The power over life and death.
5. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Defeat the Spanish.
(b) Cross the river.
(c) Get organized.
(d) Come up with a competent strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
2. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
3. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
4. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)