|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The treasury.
(b) The throne room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The military strategy room.
2. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
(a) Because he thinks Joan doesn't have any idea what she is doing.
(b) Because he will not allow a woman to lead his army.
(c) Because the English army is too powerful.
(d) Because of unfavorable wind conditions.
3. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(d) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
4. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(b) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
(c) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(d) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
5. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
2. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
3. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
4. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
5. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)