|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Run away.
(b) Ask for her forgiveness.
(c) Fall to their knees.
2. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) The royal decree written on parchment.
(b) The royal crown.
(c) Her sword.
(d) The Dauphin's spirits.
3. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Le Compte de Chablis.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) de Richeleau.
4. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To drive the English out of France.
(b) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
(c) To be able to find a rich husband.
(d) To bring peace to the kingdom.
5. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) His castle has no running water.
(b) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(c) His political allies have turned traitor.
(d) His wife has run off with the steward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
2. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
4. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
5. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)