|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(b) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(c) Her father owes allegiance to him.
(d) He is her uncle.
2. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(b) To drive the English out of France.
(c) To be able to find a rich husband.
(d) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
3. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He cedes command to her.
(b) He holds her in check.
(c) He encourages her to move forward.
(d) He refuses to let her in camp.
4. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A horse.
(b) A magic bird.
(c) A cow.
(d) A chicken.
5. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise her rival's home.
(b) Raise a siege.
(c) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(d) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
2. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
3. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
4. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
5. In Scene 3, what is the goal of the French army?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)