|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(a) The powerful men who surround him.
(b) The king of England.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt.
2. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
(b) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(c) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(d) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
3. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) His wife.
(c) A disembodied voice.
(d) His steward.
4. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
5. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) The King.
(d) The Dauphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
2. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
3. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
4. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
5. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)