|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(b) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
(c) To drive the English out of France.
(d) To be able to find a rich husband.
2. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(b) A disembodied voice.
(c) His wife.
(d) His steward.
3. The play opens in what year?
4. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(b) Run away.
(c) Ask for her forgiveness.
(d) Fall to their knees.
5. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(b) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
(c) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
(d) The mice from the barn begin following her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
2. What news does Bluebeard bring?
3. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
4. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
5. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)