|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
2. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) Le Compte de Chablis.
(c) Lord Chamberlain.
(d) de Richeleau.
3. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(b) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(c) To declare war on England.
(d) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
4. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(b) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
(c) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(d) He bans Joan from the castle.
5. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
(a) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
2. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
3. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
4. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
5. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)