|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Toulouse and Nice.
(b) Marseille and Lyon.
(c) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(d) Champagne and Lorraine.
2. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
(b) That they will now have to follow Joan.
(c) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
(d) That they are dismissed from his employ.
3. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) The King.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Queen.
4. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
(c) The King's blessing.
(d) A good husband.
5. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(b) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
(d) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
2. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
3. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
4. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
5. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)