|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(b) He will live long as the ruler of France.
(c) He will marry the princess of Spain.
(d) He will regain France from the English.
2. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) A significant land holding in Alsace.
(b) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
(c) Complete military authority and control.
(d) The crown jewels of France.
3. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
(b) The King's blessing.
(d) A good husband.
4. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That Joan is approaching the castle.
(b) That the Dauphin has passed away.
(c) That the war is being lost by the French.
(d) That the war is being lost by the English.
5. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) A military officer.
(b) The castle is abandoned.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The King of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
2. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
3. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
4. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)