|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The horses.
(b) The birds.
(c) The hens.
(d) The cows.
2. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(d) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
3. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) Gilles de Rais.
(c) St. Margaret.
4. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) A disembodied voice.
(b) His steward.
(d) His wife.
5. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
(b) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(c) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(d) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
2. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
3. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
4. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
5. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)