|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
(b) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(c) No one.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
2. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) A disembodied voice.
(d) His steward.
3. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
4. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
(a) Bolster morale and purpose.
(b) Treat their wounds.
(c) Bring them food and water.
(d) Inspire them to battle the Russians.
5. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
(a) Archbishop de Vaucouleurs.
(b) Cardinal de la Courte.
(c) Father Dunois.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
2. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
3. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
4. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
5. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)