|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Champagne and Lorraine.
(b) Marseille and Lyon.
(c) Toulouse and Nice.
(d) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
2. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(b) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
(c) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
3. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
(b) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(c) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(d) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
4. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) A military officer.
(b) The King of England.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The castle is abandoned.
5. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
(b) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
2. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
3. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
4. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
5. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)