|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
2. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The King.
3. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(c) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(d) Her father owes allegiance to him.
4. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(b) He bans Joan from the castle.
(c) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(d) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
5. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
(a) Gilles de Rais.
(b) The Dauphin himself.
(c) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is the setting for this play?
2. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
3. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
4. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
5. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)