|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
2. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A wagon of food.
(b) The assistance of a few of his best men.
(c) A bag of gold coins.
(d) His best steed.
3. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(b) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
(d) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
4. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Lord Chamberlain.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) Le Compte de Chablis.
(d) de Richeleau.
5. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
(a) That he needs to buy new hens.
(b) That the hens were just being stubborn.
(c) That their illness was easily cured.
(d) That Joan is sent by God.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
2. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
3. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
4. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
5. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)