|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
(b) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(c) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(d) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
2. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(b) He will regain France from the English.
(c) He will marry the princess of Spain.
(d) He will live long as the ruler of France.
3. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(b) His wife has run off with the steward.
(c) His political allies have turned traitor.
(d) His castle has no running water.
4. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The cows.
(b) The horses.
(c) The hens.
(d) The birds.
5. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) A significant land holding in Alsace.
(b) The crown jewels of France.
(c) Complete military authority and control.
(d) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
2. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
3. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
4. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
5. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)