|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert's profession?
(d) Military officer.
2. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
(a) Maid Joan's presence.
(b) The eggs were stepped on.
(c) A fox killed the hens.
(d) The hens are diseased.
3. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The castle is abandoned.
(b) The King of England.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) A military officer.
4. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) Her father owes allegiance to him.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(d) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
5. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) Le Compte de Chablis.
(c) de Richeleau.
(d) Lord Chamberlain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
2. What country is the setting for this play?
3. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
4. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
5. The play opens in what year?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)