|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
(a) That their illness was easily cured.
(b) That Joan is sent by God.
(c) That he needs to buy new hens.
(d) That the hens were just being stubborn.
2. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(b) Toulouse and Nice.
(c) Champagne and Lorraine.
(d) Marseille and Lyon.
3. What is Robert's profession?
(a) Military officer.
4. What country is the setting for this play?
5. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(b) A ride into the nearest city.
(d) A cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. The play opens in what year?
2. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
3. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
4. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
5. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)