|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To drive the English out of France.
(b) To be able to find a rich husband.
(c) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
(d) To bring peace to the kingdom.
2. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) An heirloom sword.
(b) Beauty and strength.
(c) Fervor and talk of God.
(d) A big gun.
3. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
4. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
(b) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(c) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
(d) The mice from the barn begin following her.
5. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The King.
(d) The Dauphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
2. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
3. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
4. What is Robert's profession?
5. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)