|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To drive the English out of France.
(b) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(c) To be able to find a rich husband.
(d) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
2. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The King.
(d) The Dauphin.
3. What is Robert's profession?
(a) Military officer.
4. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
(a) He thinks it is exciting.
(b) He thinks it is preposterous.
(c) He thinks it is miraculous.
(d) He thinks nothing of it.
5. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) Fervor and talk of God.
(b) A big gun.
(c) Beauty and strength.
(d) An heirloom sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
2. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
3. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
4. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
5. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)