|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(c) Her father owes allegiance to him.
(d) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
2. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A magic bird.
(b) A horse.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A cow.
3. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
(b) A good husband.
(d) The King's blessing.
4. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(b) The King.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) The Dauphin.
5. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
(a) The eggs were stepped on.
(b) The hens are diseased.
(c) Maid Joan's presence.
(d) A fox killed the hens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
2. The play opens in what year?
3. What country is the setting for this play?
4. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
5. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)