|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
2. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Marseille and Lyon.
(b) Toulouse and Nice.
(c) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(d) Champagne and Lorraine.
3. What is Robert's profession?
(d) Military officer.
4. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(b) To be able to find a rich husband.
(c) To drive the English out of France.
(d) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
5. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(a) A ride into the nearest city.
(c) A cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
2. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
3. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
4. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
5. The play opens in what year?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)