|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
(a) Maid Joan's presence.
(b) The eggs were stepped on.
(c) The hens are diseased.
(d) A fox killed the hens.
2. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) The King.
3. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) A disembodied voice.
(c) His steward.
(d) His wife.
4. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
(b) To be able to find a rich husband.
(c) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(d) To drive the English out of France.
5. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) A big gun.
(b) Beauty and strength.
(c) Fervor and talk of God.
(d) An heirloom sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
2. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
3. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
4. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
5. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)