|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) Her father owes allegiance to him.
(d) She is a maid in his kitchen.
2. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(a) The King.
(b) The Dauphin.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
3. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(b) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
(c) The mice from the barn begin following her.
(d) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
4. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(a) His wife.
(c) A disembodied voice.
(d) His steward.
5. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise her rival's home.
(b) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(c) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(d) Raise a siege.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
2. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
3. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
4. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
5. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)