|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(b) His political allies have turned traitor.
(c) His wife has run off with the steward.
(d) His castle has no running water.
2. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(b) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(c) Her father owes allegiance to him.
(d) He is her uncle.
3. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(b) A cross.
(c) A ride into the nearest city.
4. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The birds.
(b) The hens.
(c) The cows.
(d) The horses.
5. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) Those of many demons.
(b) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(c) The voices of her inner conscience.
(d) Her father's and mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
2. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
3. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
4. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
5. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)