|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) A military officer.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) The King of England.
(d) The castle is abandoned.
2. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
3. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) Those of many demons.
(b) The voices of her inner conscience.
(c) Her father's and mother's.
(d) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
4. What is Robert's profession?
(d) Military officer.
5. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
(a) His political allies have turned traitor.
(b) His wife has run off with the steward.
(c) There are no eggs for his breakfast.
(d) His castle has no running water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
2. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
3. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
4. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)