|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(b) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
2. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Champagne and Lorraine.
(b) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
(c) Toulouse and Nice.
(d) Marseille and Lyon.
3. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
(b) A good husband.
(c) The King's blessing.
4. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
5. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) An heirloom sword.
(b) Beauty and strength.
(c) A big gun.
(d) Fervor and talk of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
2. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
3. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
4. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
5. What country is the setting for this play?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)