|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
(a) Because he will not allow a woman to lead his army.
(b) Because he thinks Joan doesn't have any idea what she is doing.
(c) Because the English army is too powerful.
(d) Because of unfavorable wind conditions.
2. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
3. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
(c) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) No one.
4. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will live long as the ruler of France.
(b) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(c) He will regain France from the English.
(d) He will marry the princess of Spain.
5. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
(b) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(c) To be able to find a rich husband.
(d) To drive the English out of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
2. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
3. In Scene 6, what does Joan have to do for the church officials to fulfill their commitment to Joan's soul?
4. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
5. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)