|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(a) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
2. Where does the ceremony take place in Scene 5?
(a) The cathedral at Champagne.
(b) The cathedral at Rheims.
(c) The cathedral at Alsace.
(d) In the royal palace.
3. The Dauphin goes through a ceremony in Scene 5. What is that ceremony?
(a) He is crowned King of France.
(b) His wedding to a Spanish princess.
(c) The baptism of his first born son.
(d) His baptism into Christianity.
4. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
(b) University of Athens.
(c) University of Paris.
(d) University of London.
5. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) The castle is abandoned.
(c) A military officer.
(d) The King of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
2. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
3. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
5. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)