|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
2. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) His bad fortune.
(b) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
(c) Joan's orders.
(d) The death of his wife.
3. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
(a) Pray for rain.
(b) Pray for the English army to retreat.
(c) Pray for a change in fortune.
(d) Pray for food.
4. In Scene 6, what does Joan risk by not submitting to the church officials' demands?
(a) Lifelong imprisonment.
(c) Being tortured.
5. In Scene 6, an additional charge is brought against Joan for what?
(a) Treason against England.
(b) Imitating a church official.
(c) Disrespect to royalty.
(d) Dressing in men's clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
3. In Scene 6, what do the church officials threaten Joan with when she refuses to recant?
4. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
5. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)