|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
(a) A grotto.
(b) A church.
(c) The English castle.
(d) The Dauphin's castle.
2. Why do the nobleman and the chaplain believe that Joan should be burned?
(a) For her outright displays of disrespect to the English.
(b) For what they consider her supernatural powers.
(c) For no reason at all.
(d) For what they consider treason.
3. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(b) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(c) To declare war on England.
(d) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
4. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) His bad fortune.
(b) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
(c) Joan's orders.
(d) The death of his wife.
5. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
(a) That individual citizens could be strengthened at the expense of the feudal system.
(b) That the church might lose its power over the French monarchy.
(c) That individual citizens might begin to band together in her support.
(d) That women might become powerful citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Joan carrying on a discussion in Scene 5 while in the cathedral?
2. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
3. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
4. What do the new king and his advisers think of Joan's advice in Scene 5?
5. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)