|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(b) Fall to their knees.
(c) Ask for her forgiveness.
(d) Run away.
2. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The army's dedication to her.
(b) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
(c) The blessing of the Archbishop.
(d) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
3. Where is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. What has led to the ceremony at the cathedral in Scene 5?
(a) The miraculous birth of the Dauphin's first born son.
(b) The Dauphin's arranged engagement to a Spanish princess.
(c) Joan's visions and success convinced the Dauphin to become a Christian.
(d) Joan's intervention and military success.
5. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
(a) That they continue in war.
(b) That they trust her in all matters of state.
(c) That they ally with Italy in a war against England.
(d) That they make her queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
2. What is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for in Scene 6?
3. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
4. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
5. What kind of actions does Dunois say the attempts for Paris are?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)