|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The castle is abandoned.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) The King of England.
(d) A military officer.
2. In Scene 3, what has Joan gained access to that is considered evidence of her reputation?
(a) The cathedral at Rheims.
(b) The Ark of the Covenant.
(d) The chasse.
3. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
4. In Scene 6, what is one of the reasons Joan says that she dresses in men's clothing?
(a) It is the only clothing available to her.
(b) It is appropriate attire for battle.
(c) She prefers the comfort of men's clothing to that of women's clothing.
(d) She hates dresses.
5. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
(b) The salvation of Joan's soul.
(c) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
(d) An English victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
2. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
3. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
4. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
5. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)