|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(b) Raise her rival's home.
(c) Raise a siege.
(d) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
2. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) The steward.
3. In Scene 6, what does Joan have to do for the church officials to fulfill their commitment to Joan's soul?
(a) Admit that she has committed treason.
(b) Admit that she has committed murder in the eyes of God.
(c) Enter a nunnery.
(d) Recant her sins.
4. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
(a) Gilles de Rais.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) The Dauphin.
5. In what month does Scene 6 open?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Scene 6 open?
2. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
3. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
4. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
5. In Scene 5, the French advisers give Joan an example of what happened to one young girl who stood up for her cause. Where was this woman?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)