|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
(a) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) Gilles de Rais.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims.
2. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To bring peace to the kingdom.
(b) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
(c) To drive the English out of France.
(d) To be able to find a rich husband.
3. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
(a) That individual citizens could be strengthened at the expense of the feudal system.
(b) That women might become powerful citizens.
(c) That the church might lose its power over the French monarchy.
(d) That individual citizens might begin to band together in her support.
4. In Scene 5, why is the king concerned about the lack of state funds?
(a) He cannot afford to pay the troops.
(b) If Joan goes to battle in Paris and gets captured, he would be unable to pay her ransom.
(c) He cannot give Joan the military support she needs when she travels to Paris.
(d) They would be unable to afford a wedding feast.
5. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) The salvation of Joan's soul.
(b) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
(c) An English victory.
(d) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
2. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
3. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
4. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
5. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)