|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
(a) That they ally with Italy in a war against England.
(b) That they make her queen.
(c) That they trust her in all matters of state.
(d) That they continue in war.
2. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
(a) The uncomfortable living conditions at the camp.
(b) The French spies and their ability to gain access to the English encampment.
(c) The lack of space in the encampment.
(d) The English army's continuing list of battles lost to the French.
3. In Scene 6, what is one of the reasons Joan says that she dresses in men's clothing?
(a) It is appropriate attire for battle.
(b) She prefers the comfort of men's clothing to that of women's clothing.
(c) She hates dresses.
(d) It is the only clothing available to her.
4. In the beginning of Scene 6, how long has Joan's trial lasted?
(a) Two days.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Eleven weeks.
(d) Eleven days.
5. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
(a) The English army.
(b) The French army.
(c) The Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
2. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
3. With whom is Joan carrying on a discussion in Scene 5 while in the cathedral?
4. In Scene 5, why does Joan want to go to Paris?
5. What do the church officials want Joan to admit to in Scene 6?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)