|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joan's suggestion to the king and his advisers in Scene 5?
(a) That they trust her in all matters of state.
(b) That they make her queen.
(c) That they continue in war.
(d) That they ally with Italy in a war against England.
2. In Scene 4, it is believed that __________ about Joan may cause the common individuals to defect.
(a) Her charismatic traits.
(b) The way she gets along with the common people.
(c) Her miraculous raising of the dead.
(d) Her beatific visions.
3. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
4. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Le Compte de Chablis.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) Lord Chamberlain.
(d) de Richeleau.
5. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
(a) That she is a saint.
(b) That she is a heretic.
(c) That she is a witch.
(d) That she is a spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
2. In Scene 4, Joan's charisma and legendary exploits are perceived as a threat to ____________.
3. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
4. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
5. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)