|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
(a) Father Dunois.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) Cardinal de la Courte.
(d) Archbishop de Vaucouleurs.
2. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That the war is being lost by the French.
(b) That the Dauphin has passed away.
(c) That the war is being lost by the English.
(d) That Joan is approaching the castle.
3. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
(a) Financial matters of state.
(b) The dour state of France.
(c) A plan to overthrow the Dauphin.
(d) What to have for dinner.
4. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
(a) They debate her connection to God.
(b) They debate her authenticity.
(c) They doubt her faith.
(d) They praise her strength.
5. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
(a) A cross.
(d) A ride into the nearest city.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Scene 6 open?
2. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
3. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
5. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)