|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
(a) She has been wounded.
(b) She has gone home.
(c) She has been taken to jail.
(d) She has been bought.
2. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(b) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
(c) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
3. In Scene 6, what do the church officials threaten Joan with when she refuses to recant?
(a) Turn her over to the prisoners for whatever purpose those men see fit.
(b) Torture her.
(c) Throw her into a pit of snakes.
(d) Put her in front of a firing squad.
4. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
(a) Financial matters of state.
(b) What to have for dinner.
(c) A plan to overthrow the Dauphin.
(d) The dour state of France.
5. Joan is single-minded about ____________ once she has been successful at the Battle of Orleans.
(a) Her purpose in life.
(b) Her eagerness to get home.
(c) Her pursuit of war.
(d) Her relationship with God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
2. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
3. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
4. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. What is one emotion felt by Joan's colleagues when she makes her final decision about the battle in Paris?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)