|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joan is single-minded about ____________ once she has been successful at the Battle of Orleans.
(a) Her eagerness to get home.
(b) Her purpose in life.
(c) Her pursuit of war.
(d) Her relationship with God.
2. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
(a) What to have for dinner.
(b) Financial matters of state.
(c) A plan to overthrow the Dauphin.
(d) The dour state of France.
3. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(c) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
(d) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
4. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will regain France from the English.
(b) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(c) He will live long as the ruler of France.
(d) He will marry the princess of Spain.
5. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) Fervor and talk of God.
(b) An heirloom sword.
(c) Beauty and strength.
(d) A big gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, what is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for?
2. What do the church officials in Scene 6 want Joan to do to acknowledge her guilt?
3. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
4. What is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for in Scene 6?
5. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)