|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
(d) In the cathedral at Rheims.
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her strong sense of feminism.
(b) Her disconcerting political views.
(c) The dedication the French army shows towards her.
(d) The Dauphin's unquestioning belief in her.
3. What nationality is the person leading the French army?
4. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The French army.
(d) The English army.
5. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
(b) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(c) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
(d) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
2. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
3. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
4. In what month does Scene 6 open?
5. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)