|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the cathedral do Joan and the officer have their conversation?
(a) In the reliquary.
(b) In the vestibule.
(c) In the gardens.
(d) At the altar.
2. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) The King.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
3. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
(b) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(c) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
(d) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
4. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Spiritual courage.
(b) A quiet strength.
(c) Easy-going nature.
(d) Incredible insight.
5. Who informs Robert of the hens' recovery in Scene 1?
(b) His steward.
(c) His wife.
(d) A disembodied voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
2. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
3. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
4. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
5. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)