|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
(b) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
(c) The salvation of Joan's soul.
(d) An English victory.
2. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(b) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
(c) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(d) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
3. Why is Joan warned about sinning in Scene 5?
(a) She overeats at the banquet.
(b) She refuses to get out of bed.
(c) She delineates her military successes for her audience.
(d) She continuously follows one of the French commanders.
4. In Scene 6, an additional charge is brought against Joan for what?
(a) Disrespect to royalty.
(b) Imitating a church official.
(c) Treason against England.
(d) Dressing in men's clothing.
5. What do the church officials want Joan to admit to in Scene 6?
(b) Sins against the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
2. Who warns Joan that she is perilously close to a sin in her eagerness to continue battling?
3. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
4. What nationality is the person leading the French army?
5. What do the new king and his advisers think of Joan's advice in Scene 5?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)