|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(b) He will regain France from the English.
(c) He will marry the princess of Spain.
(d) He will live long as the ruler of France.
2. What is the name of the new King of France in Scene 5?
3. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
(a) Raise the alarm about the eclipse.
(b) Raise a siege.
(c) Raise a litter of puppies she can't take care of.
(d) Raise her rival's home.
4. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(b) Continue the trial until she does submit.
(c) Damn her soul to hell.
(d) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
5. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The treasury.
(b) The throne room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The military strategy room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
2. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
3. Where does the ceremony take place in Scene 5?
4. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
5. Why does the king turn down Joan's request to go to Paris in Scene 5?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)