|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) The castle is abandoned.
(b) The King of England.
(c) A military officer.
(d) The Dauphin.
2. What is the name of the new King of France in Scene 5?
3. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) Their talented oarsmen.
(b) A favorable wind.
(c) The presence of their commander.
(d) An outbound current.
4. What do the new king and his advisers think of Joan's advice in Scene 5?
(a) They think she should pray about it and come back.
(b) They think it is dangerous.
(c) They think it is an excellent idea.
(d) They think she should stay out of matters of state.
5. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Come up with a competent strategy.
(b) Defeat the Spanish.
(c) Get organized.
(d) Cross the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
2. In Scene 5, why is the king concerned about the lack of state funds?
3. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
4. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
5. What happens to one young woman who stands up for Joan's cause?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)