|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
(a) What to have for dinner.
(b) The dour state of France.
(c) Financial matters of state.
(d) A plan to overthrow the Dauphin.
2. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will regain France from the English.
(b) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(c) He will live long as the ruler of France.
(d) He will marry the princess of Spain.
3. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
4. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) The way she dresses.
(b) Her power over animals.
(c) Her power over nature.
(d) Her religious fervor.
5. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
(b) The power over life and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
2. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
3. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
4. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
5. The Dauphin goes through a ceremony in Scene 5. What is that ceremony?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)