|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
(b) Château d' Azay-le-Rideau.
2. Why does the French commander not allow Joan to move forward to attack?
(a) Because the English army is too powerful.
(b) Because he thinks Joan doesn't have any idea what she is doing.
(c) Because of unfavorable wind conditions.
(d) Because he will not allow a woman to lead his army.
3. What sin is Joan warned about giving in to in Scene 5?
4. Who warns Joan that she is perilously close to a sin in her eagerness to continue battling?
(a) The priest at Rheims.
(b) The Archbishop.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) The Pope.
5. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
(b) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(c) In a castle.
(d) In the cathedral at Rheims.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
2. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
3. What is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for in Scene 6?
4. In Scene 5, Joan desires to take a certain path now that she has been successful in battle. Why does she want to take that path?
5. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)