|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
(b) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
(c) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(d) That they will now have to follow Joan.
2. What is Robert's profession?
(c) Military officer.
3. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
(b) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(c) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(d) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
4. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
(a) Cardinal de la Courte.
(b) Archbishop de Vaucouleurs.
(c) Father Dunois.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims.
5. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
(b) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(c) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(d) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
2. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
3. How is the Dauphin described in Scene 2?
4. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
5. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)