|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The play opens in what year?
2. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) Her sword.
(b) The royal decree written on parchment.
(c) The Dauphin's spirits.
(d) The royal crown.
3. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) No one.
(b) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
4. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
(a) Toulouse and Nice.
(b) Marseille and Lyon.
(c) Champagne and Lorraine.
(d) Montpellier and Bordeaux.
5. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
(a) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
2. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
3. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
4. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
5. The hens' recovery at the end of Scene 1 proves what to Robert?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)