|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
(b) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(c) The mice from the barn begin following her.
(d) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
2. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(b) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(c) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(d) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
3. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The throne room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The treasury.
(d) The military strategy room.
4. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
(b) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(c) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
(d) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
5. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
(a) A fox killed the hens.
(b) The hens are diseased.
(c) Maid Joan's presence.
(d) The eggs were stepped on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
2. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
3. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
4. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
5. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)