|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
(a) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) Gilles de Rais.
2. What country is the setting for this play?
3. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
(b) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(c) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
(d) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
4. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(b) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
(c) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(d) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
5. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
2. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
3. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
4. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
5. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)