|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope for Joan in her mission?
(b) A good husband.
(d) The King's blessing.
2. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(b) That they will now have to follow Joan.
(c) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
(d) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
3. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That Joan is approaching the castle.
(b) That the war is being lost by the French.
(c) That the Dauphin has passed away.
(d) That the war is being lost by the English.
4. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(b) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(c) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
(d) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
5. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is the setting for this play?
2. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
3. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
4. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
5. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)