|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(b) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
(c) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
(d) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
2. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(b) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
(c) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(d) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
3. What is the purpose of Joan's request to the leader of her country in Scene 1?
(a) To be able to find a rich husband.
(b) To drive the English out of France.
(c) To make sure she is paid a fair wage for her duties.
(d) To bring peace to the kingdom.
4. Who lives in the castle mentioned at the opening of the play?
(a) Robert de Baudricourt.
(b) The King.
(d) The Dauphin.
5. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
2. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
3. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
4. What is Robert's profession?
5. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)