|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dauphin tell the high-ranking officials when they return to the room in Scene 2?
(a) That they are dismissed from his employ.
(b) That Joan is to be taken to the dungeon.
(c) That they will now have to follow Joan.
(d) That they must give him more money for a military exploit.
2. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) Her father owes allegiance to him.
(c) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(d) She is a maid in his kitchen.
3. Who lives in the castle mentioned in Scene 1?
(a) A military officer.
(b) The King of England.
(c) The castle is abandoned.
(d) The Dauphin.
4. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
(b) The mice from the barn begin following her.
(c) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
(d) The hens begin laying eggs again.
5. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That the Dauphin has passed away.
(b) That Joan is approaching the castle.
(c) That the war is being lost by the English.
(d) That the war is being lost by the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, what city does Joan hope will be the location for the siege?
2. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
3. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
4. What is Robert's profession?
5. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)