|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
(a) The King.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Prince.
2. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(b) To declare war on England.
(c) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(d) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
3. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He bans Joan from the castle.
(b) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(c) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(d) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
4. What is Joan anxious to do in Scene 3?
(a) Take over control of the army from the French commander.
(b) Find food for the troops.
(d) Attack the close enemy.
5. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) She has heard about him in her brother's stories of war.
(c) She is a maid in his kitchen.
(d) Her father owes allegiance to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joan is single-minded about ____________ once she has been successful at the Battle of Orleans.
2. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
3. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
4. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
5. What country is the setting for this play?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)