|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third thing that Robert gives Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A wagon of food.
(b) His best steed.
(c) The assistance of a few of his best men.
(d) A bag of gold coins.
2. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
3. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To declare war on England.
(b) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(c) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(d) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
4. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
(a) The lack of space in the encampment.
(b) The English army's continuing list of battles lost to the French.
(c) The uncomfortable living conditions at the camp.
(d) The French spies and their ability to gain access to the English encampment.
5. In Scene 3, what proves that Joan's power has risen significantly?
(a) The English army surrenders to Joan's French army.
(b) The blessing of the Archbishop.
(c) The army's dedication to her.
(d) The fact that she has acquired an army and led it to Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
2. In Scene 3 when the men in the castle discuss Joan, what do they do?
3. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
4. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
5. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)