|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her disconcerting political views.
(b) The Dauphin's unquestioning belief in her.
(c) The dedication the French army shows towards her.
(d) Her strong sense of feminism.
2. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
(a) The presence of their commander.
(b) Their talented oarsmen.
(c) An outbound current.
(d) A favorable wind.
3. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
4. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
(a) A French spy.
(b) A bishop.
(c) A soldier.
(d) The Dauphin.
5. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) The salvation of Joan's soul.
(b) An English victory.
(c) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
(d) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the nobleman and the chaplain believe that Joan should be burned?
2. What has happened to the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
3. In Scene 3, what happens right after Joan prays?
4. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
5. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)