|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
(a) Pray for the English army to retreat.
(b) Pray for rain.
(c) Pray for food.
(d) Pray for a change in fortune.
2. What is the only power that the Dauphin has remaining in Scene 2?
(d) The power over life and death.
3. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Planning strategy.
(d) Speaking with his second-in-command.
4. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her visions.
(b) Her unprecedented military prowess.
(c) Her ability to see the future.
(d) Her supernatural powers.
5. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He refuses to let her in camp.
(b) He cedes command to her.
(c) He holds her in check.
(d) He encourages her to move forward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert's profession?
2. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
3. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
4. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
5. Joan is single-minded about ____________ once she has been successful at the Battle of Orleans.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)