|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
(a) Inspire them to battle the Russians.
(b) Bring them food and water.
(c) Bolster morale and purpose.
(d) Treat their wounds.
2. What is distressing the commander of the French army in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Joan's orders.
(b) His bad fortune.
(c) His children are ill and he cannot return home.
(d) The death of his wife.
3. What does the French commander do to Joan in Scene 3?
(a) He encourages her to move forward.
(b) He cedes command to her.
(c) He refuses to let her in camp.
(d) He holds her in check.
4. Joan is single-minded about ____________ once she has been successful at the Battle of Orleans.
(a) Her relationship with God.
(b) Her purpose in life.
(c) Her pursuit of war.
(d) Her eagerness to get home.
5. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her supernatural powers.
(b) Her visions.
(c) Her ability to see the future.
(d) Her unprecedented military prowess.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
2. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
3. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
4. In Scene 4, the men discussing Joan fear she is a threat to what system?
5. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)