|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Robert think about Joan's assertion that she hears voices?
(a) He thinks it is miraculous.
(b) He thinks it is exciting.
(c) He thinks nothing of it.
(d) He thinks it is preposterous.
2. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(b) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(c) To declare war on England.
(d) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
3. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
(a) Amazing fighting abilities.
(b) Individualistic views.
(c) Influence on the French citizens.
(d) Supernatural powers.
4. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
(a) A big gun.
(b) Fervor and talk of God.
(c) An heirloom sword.
(d) Beauty and strength.
5. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
(a) Her plan to return home to her family.
(b) Her plan to liberate Paris.
(c) Her plan to confront the King of England.
(d) Her plan to build her own church.
Short Answer Questions
1. The play opens in what year?
2. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
3. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
4. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
5. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)