|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second item that Robert gives to Joan in Scene 1?
(a) A horse.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A cow.
(d) A magic bird.
2. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(b) The powerful men who surround him.
(c) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) The king of England.
3. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(b) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
(c) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(d) He bans Joan from the castle.
4. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
(b) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
(c) The salvation of Joan's soul.
(d) An English victory.
5. Who is incredulous and angry at his steward in Scene 1?
(a) Le Compte de Chablis.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) Lord Chamberlain.
(d) de Richeleau.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
2. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
3. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
4. Who is the leader that Joan hopes to influence in Scene 1?
5. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)