|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
(a) Her sword.
(b) The royal decree written on parchment.
(c) The Dauphin's spirits.
(d) The royal crown.
2. In Scene 1, who is the Maid who is waiting at the door of the castle?
3. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
(a) The birds.
(b) The cows.
(c) The horses.
(d) The hens.
4. To what location does Joan accompany the French leader in Scene 3?
(a) The Dauphin's castle.
(b) A church.
(c) The English castle.
(d) A grotto.
5. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(b) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(c) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
(d) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
2. What is one of the items Joan convinces Robert to give her in Scene 1?
3. In Scene 1, the castle is described as located on a river between which two cities?
4. What is the name of the castle in which the play opens?
5. In Scene1, Robert is taken in by Joan's what?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)