|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
(a) The weak bonds between the Dauphin and his advisers.
(b) The church and state infrastructure.
(c) The English army's hold over the French people.
(d) The male domination of the military.
2. What is one of the attributes given to Joan in Scene 3 that is considered verification of her reputation?
(a) Physical beauty.
(b) Domineering personality.
(c) Physical prowess.
(d) Mental acuity.
3. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(b) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
(c) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
(d) The mice from the barn begin following her.
4. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) The Dauphin's unquestioning belief in her.
(b) Her strong sense of feminism.
(c) The dedication the French army shows towards her.
(d) Her disconcerting political views.
5. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
(a) A witch.
(b) A con artist.
(c) A saint.
(d) A demon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
2. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
3. What does Joan agree to do for the French commander?
4. In Scene 2, what does Joan ask God for?
5. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)