|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will live long as the ruler of France.
(b) He will marry the princess of Spain.
(c) He will become a wise and kind ruler.
(d) He will regain France from the English.
2. What is the French army unable to do in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Come up with a competent strategy.
(b) Cross the river.
(c) Get organized.
(d) Defeat the Spanish.
3. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
(a) The dour state of France.
(b) A plan to overthrow the Dauphin.
(c) Financial matters of state.
(d) What to have for dinner.
4. In Scene 4, it is believed that __________ about Joan may cause the common individuals to defect.
(a) The way she gets along with the common people.
(b) Her beatific visions.
(c) Her charismatic traits.
(d) Her miraculous raising of the dead.
5. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(b) The voices of her inner conscience.
(c) Her father's and mother's.
(d) Those of many demons.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
2. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
3. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
4. At which landmark is the French army located in the beginning of Scene 3?
5. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)