|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
(a) Bolster morale and purpose.
(b) Inspire them to battle the Russians.
(c) Bring them food and water.
(d) Treat their wounds.
2. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(a) St. Margaret.
(b) Gilles de Rais.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
3. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The French army.
(d) The English army.
4. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
(a) The military strategy room.
(b) The throne room.
(c) The treasury.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Why do the nobleman and the chaplain believe that Joan should be burned?
(a) For no reason at all.
(b) For her outright displays of disrespect to the English.
(c) For what they consider treason.
(d) For what they consider her supernatural powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Robert angry in Scene 1?
2. What is Robert's profession?
3. What does Joan exhibit in Scene 3 that convinces the men in battle that she is sent by God?
4. How does Joan feel about meeting with the leader of her country?
5. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)