|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
(a) The French landscape.
(b) Church dogma.
(c) English attitudes toward women.
(d) The course of history for France.
2. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(c) The powerful men who surround him.
(d) The king of England.
3. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
(a) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) The Dauphin.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims.
(d) Gilles de Rais.
4. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
(a) The lack of space in the encampment.
(b) The uncomfortable living conditions at the camp.
(c) The English army's continuing list of battles lost to the French.
(d) The French spies and their ability to gain access to the English encampment.
5. In Scene 1, whose voices does Joan claim to hear?
(a) The voices of her inner conscience.
(b) Those of many demons.
(c) Saint Margaret's and Saint Catherine's.
(d) Her father's and mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the lack of eggs for Robert's breakfast in Scene 1?
2. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
3. What do the Englishmen intend to do to Joan once she is captured?
4. In Scene 4, Joan's charisma and legendary exploits are perceived as a threat to ____________.
5. In Scene 3, what is one of the attributes Joan is given that is considered verification of her reputation?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)