|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Joan leaves in Scene 1?
(a) The hens begin laying eggs again.
(b) The Blessed Virgin appears to the steward.
(c) Flowers begin to grow in her footprints.
(d) The mice from the barn begin following her.
2. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
(a) There is a rumor that he has killed his former wives and buried them in the basement.
(b) His mother gave him that nickname as a baby.
(c) He dyes his facial hair blue.
(d) His beard is an odd shade of gray that looks bluish.
3. What is the French commander doing in the beginning of Scene 3?
(a) Speaking with his second-in-command.
(d) Planning strategy.
4. In Scene 4, it is believed that __________ about Joan may cause the common individuals to defect.
(a) Her beatific visions.
(b) Her charismatic traits.
(c) Her miraculous raising of the dead.
(d) The way she gets along with the common people.
5. In Scene 2, who tries to trick Joan into thinking he is the Dauphin?
(a) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the commander of the French army in Scene 3?
2. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
3. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
4. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
5. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)