|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Run away.
(b) Ask for her forgiveness.
(d) Fall to their knees.
2. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) The salvation of Joan's soul.
(b) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
(c) An English victory.
(d) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
3. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
(a) Two calvary officers.
(b) A nobleman and a chaplain.
(c) The English commander and his second-in-command.
(d) The King of England and the English commander.
4. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
(c) Robert de Baudricourt and his steward.
(d) The Archbishop of Rheims and the Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
5. In Scene 1, what does Robert hope Joan will do for the troops?
(a) Treat their wounds.
(b) Bring them food and water.
(c) Bolster morale and purpose.
(d) Inspire them to battle the Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is the setting for this play?
2. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
3. How is Joan associated with Robert de Baudricourt in Scene 1?
4. Joan hopes to convince the leader of her country to do what in Scene 1?
5. What does the French commander desperately need in Scene 3?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)