|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) The Dauphin's unquestioning belief in her.
(b) The dedication the French army shows towards her.
(c) Her strong sense of feminism.
(d) Her disconcerting political views.
2. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
(d) The steward.
3. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To declare war on England.
(b) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
(c) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(d) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
4. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) No one.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
(d) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
5. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
(a) A bishop.
(b) A French spy.
(c) A soldier.
(d) The Dauphin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the ships be hastened by in Scene 3?
2. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
3. The play opens in what year?
4. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
5. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)