|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
(a) The male domination of the military.
(b) The English army's hold over the French people.
(c) The weak bonds between the Dauphin and his advisers.
(d) The church and state infrastructure.
2. Whose nickname is "Bluebeard"?
(a) The Dauphin.
(b) Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(d) Gilles de Rais.
3. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
(a) Cardinal de la Courte.
(b) Father Dunois.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims.
(d) Archbishop de Vaucouleurs.
4. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
(c) No one.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
5. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
(a) He will become wealthy quickly and be able to pay his debts.
(b) He will be crowned as King of France in the Cathedral of Rheims.
(c) He will be killed in battle and become a war hero for France.
(d) He will vanquish the Spanish in battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
2. What does Robert hope will help the troops with Joan's presence?
3. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
4. In Scene 1, what animals does the steward say are not producing?
5. What country is the setting for this play?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)