|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
2. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
(a) That she is a heretic.
(b) That she is a spy.
(c) That she is a saint.
(d) That she is a witch.
3. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) The salvation of Joan's soul.
(b) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
(c) An English victory.
(d) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
4. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
(a) Individualistic views.
(b) Amazing fighting abilities.
(c) Influence on the French citizens.
(d) Supernatural powers.
5. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
(a) Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(b) The Dauphin himself.
(c) Gilles de Rais.
(d) Archbishop of Rheims.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
2. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
3. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
4. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
5. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)