|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Damn her soul to hell.
(b) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
(c) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(d) Continue the trial until she does submit.
2. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That the war is being lost by the French.
(b) That the war is being lost by the English.
(c) That Joan is approaching the castle.
(d) That the Dauphin has passed away.
3. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(a) The steward.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
4. What happens to Joan when she refuses to admit guilt in Scene 6?
(a) She is given an extension on her trial and sent back to jail.
(b) She is immediately led to the stake and burned to death.
(c) She is sentenced to be hung until she is dead.
(d) She is banished from France and sent to Spain.
5. In Scene 4, where are the two men who are discussing Joan?
(a) In a castle in the Loire valley.
(b) In an English army camp.
(c) In a French army camp.
(d) In the midst of a battlefield.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
3. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
4. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
5. What do the church officials in Scene 6 want Joan to do to acknowledge her guilt?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)