|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
(a) A witch.
(b) A con artist.
(c) A saint.
(d) A demon.
2. After Joan speaks with the Dauphin and his advisers in Scene 2, what does the Dauphin do?
(a) He retires to his room to consider what Joan has said.
(b) He bans Joan from the castle.
(c) He asks his advisers their opinion.
(d) He dismisses the advisers from his presence.
3. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her religious fervor.
(b) Her power over animals.
(c) The way she dresses.
(d) Her power over nature.
4. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(a) The steward.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
5. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
(b) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(c) Damn her soul to hell.
(d) Continue the trial until she does submit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Scene 6 open?
2. Who is the Dauphin's military adviser?
3. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
4. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
5. In what month does Scene 6 open?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)