|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 6, what does Joan have to do for the church officials to fulfill their commitment to Joan's soul?
(a) Enter a nunnery.
(b) Admit that she has committed murder in the eyes of God.
(c) Recant her sins.
(d) Admit that she has committed treason.
2. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
3. What is Joan traveling to do in Scene 2?
(a) To seek an audience with the Dauphin.
(b) To convince Gilles de Rais to join her in Orleans.
(c) To declare war on England.
(d) To speak with the Archbishop of Rheims about her visions.
4. What do the officials in Scene 6 discuss before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
(a) Joan's crimes and what the consequences should be.
(b) How to effectively try the girl without prejudice.
(c) The severity of Joan's crimes.
(d) What Joan's punishment should be since they already know she will confess.
5. In Scene 4, it is believed that __________ about Joan may cause the common individuals to defect.
(a) Her miraculous raising of the dead.
(b) Her charismatic traits.
(c) Her beatific visions.
(d) The way she gets along with the common people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joan imprisoned?
2. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
3. In Scene 2, what is the second achievement that Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
4. Who is responsible for Joan's situation in the beginning of Scene 6?
5. What is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for in Scene 6?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)