|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
(a) The course of history for France.
(b) English attitudes toward women.
(c) The French landscape.
(d) Church dogma.
2. To whom does the Dauphin owe a financial debt?
(a) The king of England.
(c) The powerful men who surround him.
(d) Robert de Baudricourt.
3. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her disconcerting political views.
(b) The Dauphin's unquestioning belief in her.
(c) Her strong sense of feminism.
(d) The dedication the French army shows towards her.
4. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
(b) Damn her soul to hell.
(c) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(d) Continue the trial until she does submit.
5. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
(a) She has been bought.
(b) She has been taken to jail.
(c) She has been wounded.
(d) She has gone home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, who is waiting for the arrival of the Dauphin?
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
3. What kind of actions does Dunois say the attempts for Paris are?
4. What is the name of the city where the men are waiting for the Dauphin in Scene 2?
5. Joan's demeanor during the trial is what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)