|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for in Scene 6?
2. In Scene 2, what does the Dauphin bestow upon Joan?
(a) A significant land holding in Alsace.
(b) Sixteen horses and a military battalion.
(c) The crown jewels of France.
(d) Complete military authority and control.
3. In Scene 2, what example is given of Joan's spiritual fortitude?
(a) Joan's dedication to seeing the Archbishop of Rheims crowned as king.
(b) Joan's refusal to enter the cathedral in her armor.
(c) A vision of the Virgin Mary scene on a hillside next to Joan's house.
(d) The drowning of a man who refused to stop taking the Lord's name in vain.
4. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Continue the trial until she does submit.
(b) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(c) Damn her soul to hell.
(d) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
5. In Scene 6, what occurs before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
(a) The noblemen and church officials debate.
(b) Joan's supposed crimes are announced to the assemblage.
(c) The courtroom fills with spectators.
(d) Joan is whipped and dressed in rags.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, Joan gives two reasons for dressing in men's clothing. Which of these is one of those reasons?
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
3. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
4. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
5. In Scene 2, what does Joan raise after being given control of the military?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)