|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joan fixed on after the Battle of Orleans?
(a) Her plan to confront the King of England.
(b) Her plan to liberate Paris.
(c) Her plan to return home to her family.
(d) Her plan to build her own church.
2. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
(a) What to have for dinner.
(b) The dour state of France.
(c) Financial matters of state.
(d) A plan to overthrow the Dauphin.
3. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
(a) A nobleman and a chaplain.
(b) The King of England and the English commander.
(c) Two calvary officers.
(d) The English commander and his second-in-command.
4. To whom is Joan sold in Scene 6?
(a) The English.
(b) The Spanish.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Dauphin.
5. The church officials believe that Joan has committed violations against __________________.
(a) God and country.
(b) The English monarchy.
(c) The Catholic religion.
(d) The French monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 6, what occurs before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
2. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
3. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
4. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
5. The bishop thinks that Joan poses a threat to what?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)