|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The church officials believe that Joan has committed violations against __________________.
(a) The French monarchy.
(b) God and country.
(c) The Catholic religion.
(d) The English monarchy.
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) The dedication the French army shows towards her.
(b) The Dauphin's unquestioning belief in her.
(c) Her strong sense of feminism.
(d) Her disconcerting political views.
3. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
(b) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(c) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
(d) No one.
4. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That the Dauphin has passed away.
(b) That the war is being lost by the French.
(c) That the war is being lost by the English.
(d) That Joan is approaching the castle.
5. How do the high-ranking officials feel after the Dauphin tells them his decision after speaking with Joan in Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 2, Joan receives scorn for what?
2. In what month does Scene 6 open?
3. In Scene 2, what is the first achievement Joan tells the Dauphin he will attain?
4. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
5. In Scene 6, an additional charge is brought against Joan for what?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)