|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
(a) The English army's continuing list of battles lost to the French.
(b) The uncomfortable living conditions at the camp.
(c) The lack of space in the encampment.
(d) The French spies and their ability to gain access to the English encampment.
2. In Scene 6, Joan gives two reasons for dressing in men's clothing. Which of these is one of those reasons?
(a) The one dress she owns has been taken away.
(b) She hasn't been offered any women's clothing.
(c) She is imprisoned in a men's prison.
(d) She can't fit into her dresses.
3. Where is Joan imprisoned?
(a) In a crude jail outside of Paris.
(b) The Rouen castle.
(c) Buckingham palace.
(d) In an oubliette.
4. Joan is single-minded about ____________ once she has been successful at the Battle of Orleans.
(a) Her relationship with God.
(b) Her pursuit of war.
(c) Her eagerness to get home.
(d) Her purpose in life.
5. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(a) Gilles de Rais.
(b) St. Margaret.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
2. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
3. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
4. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
5. In Scene 4, the men discussing Joan fear she is a threat to what system?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)