|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
(a) That women might become powerful citizens.
(b) That individual citizens might begin to band together in her support.
(c) That individual citizens could be strengthened at the expense of the feudal system.
(d) That the church might lose its power over the French monarchy.
2. In Scene 4, Joan's charisma and legendary exploits are perceived as a threat to ____________.
(a) The English king.
(b) The very structure of the Catholic Church.
(c) The Dauphin's chances to become king.
(d) The feudal system.
3. Who are the Englishmen who are discussing Joan in Scene 4?
(a) A nobleman and a chaplain.
(b) The King of England and the English commander.
(c) Two calvary officers.
(d) The English commander and his second-in-command.
4. Who joins the discussion the two men in the English camp are having about Joan in Scene 4?
(a) A French spy.
(b) A soldier.
(c) The Dauphin.
(d) A bishop.
5. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(b) St. Margaret.
(c) Gilles de Rais.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is an officer in Scene 2 nicknamed "Bluebeard." Why is that his nickname?
2. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
3. What is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for in Scene 6?
4. How does the Dauphin feel about Joan's convictions in Scene 2?
5. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)