|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, what subject is being discussed by the Archbishop and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille?
(a) What to have for dinner.
(b) The dour state of France.
(c) A plan to overthrow the Dauphin.
(d) Financial matters of state.
2. In Scene 4, it is believed that __________ about Joan may cause the common individuals to defect.
(a) Her miraculous raising of the dead.
(b) Her charismatic traits.
(c) The way she gets along with the common people.
(d) Her beatific visions.
3. In what month does Scene 6 open?
4. In Scene 6, what does Joan have to do for the church officials to fulfill their commitment to Joan's soul?
(a) Enter a nunnery.
(b) Admit that she has committed treason.
(c) Admit that she has committed murder in the eyes of God.
(d) Recant her sins.
5. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
(a) The male domination of the military.
(b) The English army's hold over the French people.
(c) The church and state infrastructure.
(d) The weak bonds between the Dauphin and his advisers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Dauphin's head of church in Scene 2?
2. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
3. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
4. In Scene 4, the bishop is concerned about Joan's ___________.
5. In Scene 6, Joan gives two reasons for dressing in men's clothing. Which of these is one of those reasons?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)