|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are church officials willing to do if Joan does not submit to their demands during trial?
(a) Damn her soul to hell.
(b) Hand her over to secular authorities.
(c) Torture her until she begs forgiveness.
(d) Continue the trial until she does submit.
2. In Scene 6, what is one of the reasons Joan says that she dresses in men's clothing?
(a) She prefers the comfort of men's clothing to that of women's clothing.
(b) It is the only clothing available to her.
(c) It is appropriate attire for battle.
(d) She hates dresses.
3. Two members of the English army camp are discussing Joan. What do they think she is?
(a) A witch.
(b) A saint.
(c) A demon.
(d) A con artist.
4. What news does Bluebeard bring?
(a) That the Dauphin has passed away.
(b) That the war is being lost by the French.
(c) That the war is being lost by the English.
(d) That Joan is approaching the castle.
5. In Scene 4, Joan's individualism threatens what?
(a) The church and state infrastructure.
(b) The male domination of the military.
(c) The English army's hold over the French people.
(d) The weak bonds between the Dauphin and his advisers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
2. In Scene 6, what does Joan have to do for the church officials to fulfill their commitment to Joan's soul?
3. What is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for in Scene 6?
4. In Scene 6, Joan gives two reasons for dressing in men's clothing. Which of these is one of those reasons?
5. In Scene 6, what occurs before Joan is brought into the courtroom?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)