|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
(a) That individual citizens might begin to band together in her support.
(b) That the church might lose its power over the French monarchy.
(c) That women might become powerful citizens.
(d) That individual citizens could be strengthened at the expense of the feudal system.
2. In Scene 2, who joins the two men awaiting the Dauphin's arrival?
(a) The steward.
(b) Robert de Baudricourt.
3. In Scene 4, the bishop holds out hope for ____________.
(a) A decent meal and a glass of fine wine.
(b) The chance to burn Joan as a witch.
(c) An English victory.
(d) The salvation of Joan's soul.
4. In Scene 6, what is one of the crimes Joan is to be tried for?
(b) Public drunkenness.
5. In Scene 6, what do the church officials threaten Joan with when she refuses to recant?
(a) Throw her into a pit of snakes.
(b) Torture her.
(c) Turn her over to the prisoners for whatever purpose those men see fit.
(d) Put her in front of a firing squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room does Joan meet with the Dauphin?
2. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
3. The third man to join the discussion about Joan in Scene 4 disagrees with the first two men and their assessment of Joan. What does he believe about Joan instead?
4. In Scene 6, what is one of the reasons Joan says that she dresses in men's clothing?
5. What did Joan alter through her military conquests?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)