|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2, who schemes to trick Joan?
(a) Archbishop of Rheims, Gilles de Rais, Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille, and the Dauphin.
(b) The Dauphin and Lord Chamberlain de la Tremouille.
(c) No one.
(d) Gilles de Rais and Archbishop of Rheims.
2. In Scene 2, where do the Dauphin's advisers wait for him to arrive?
(a) In a stable on the outskirts of Lorraine.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In the cathedral at Rheims.
(d) In a stable on the outskirts of Champagne.
3. To whom does Joan make a request after the Dauphin gives her military control?
(a) St. Margaret.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Gilles de Rais.
4. Which of the following is a reason the English label Joan a witch?
(a) Her strong sense of feminism.
(b) The Dauphin's unquestioning belief in her.
(c) Her disconcerting political views.
(d) The dedication the French army shows towards her.
5. In Scene 2, what do the men do when Joan raises her sword?
(a) Ask for her forgiveness.
(b) Fall to their knees.
(d) Run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Joan in the beginning of Scene 6?
2. What is the fear created for the English by Joan aligning herself as an individual with the French King?
3. In Scene 4, what are the nobleman and the chaplain bemoaning?
4. What happens to Joan when she refuses to admit guilt in Scene 6?
5. In Scene 6, Joan gives two reasons for dressing in men's clothing. Which of these is one of those reasons?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)