|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many objections and refutations are there for the Second Article: Whether Moral Virtue Differs From Intellectual Virtue?
2. Aquinas claims that focus upon the spiritual means what?
(a) The interest has been removed from the sensory.
(b) A struggle.
(c) A decrease in sensitivity to life on earth.
(d) A peaceful life.
3. Aquinas discusses agents and ____________.
4. In The End of Man: The Summa Contra Gentiles: Third Book: Chapter I That Every Agent Acts For an End, what behavior does Aquinas refer to?
5. Whatever action any individual does to another has already been done to whom?
(b) The disciples.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19-21, the format resumes the structure of the questions with what?
2. How many articles are there for Question LXII: The Theological Virtues?
3. In Chapter XVI: That the End of Everything is a Good, the end is viewed as what?
4. He writes that men [and women] judge others on the basis of what?
5. What question does Aquinas ask in Question 79?
Short Essay Questions
1. Can violence be done to the will?
2. What does Aquinas say about choice and how it is an act of the will in relation to the means to an end?
3. How do the two actions mentioned in number 51 contain choice?
4. What does Aquinas claim in Chapter XLVII That in this Life We Are Unable to See God in His Essence?
5. What does Aquinas say in the Second Article, regarding whether the intellect is a purely passive power or not?
6. What are the four articles in response to Question LXII?
7. What does Aquinas claim is the behavior of the majority of human action?
8. What does Aquinas say when he discusses how the soul while united to the body understands corporeal things beneath it?
9. What is the analogy Aquinas uses in regards to God and all things being directed to one end?
10. What is important about action?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)