|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The distinction between two things is a subdivision of ___________ of a whole.
(b) What is to be understood.
(c) These things.
2. When there is an organizer or leader of a group, Aquinas explains that only the leader is considered to be what?
(a) The reactor.
(b) The agent.
(c) The reagent.
(d) The actor.
3. How many objections and replies exist in the Fourth Article: Whether Choice is of Those Things Only That are Done By Us?
4. What is the First Article of Question LXI: The Cardinal Virtues in five articles?
(a) Whether the Moral Virtues Should be Called Cardinal or Principal Virtues.
(b) Whether the Moral Virtues Should be Called Virtues.
(c) Whether the Moral Virtues Should be Called Cardinal or Initial Virtues.
(d) Whether the Moral Virtues Should be Called Principal or Secondary Virtues.
5. Whether the intellectual principle is multiplied according to the number of bodies has to do with what?
(a) Perceptions of connection.
(b) Perceptions of separation and connection.
(c) Perceptions of separation.
(d) Perceptions of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Angels consist of ____________ only.
2. In the Fourth Article: Whether Violence Can Be Done To the Will, what type of will does Aquinas describe?
3. How many articles are there for Question XCI: On The Various Kinds of Law?
4. In The End of Man: The Summa Contra Gentiles: Third Book: Chapter I That Every Agent Acts For an End, what behavior does Aquinas refer to?
5. What is the First Article for Question LXIII: The Cause of the Virtues?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aquinas say about whether the intellectual soul knows itself by its essence?
2. What does Aquinas say about differentiating the sensitive and and the intellectual appetites?
3. What is the purpose of an introduction to Saint Thomas Aquinas?
4. What does Aquinas say about God being the end of things?
5. What does Aquinas say about the difference between irascible and concupiscence?
6. Can violence be done to the will?
7. What is important about action?
8. What does Aquinas say about agents and action?
9. What is the analogy Aquinas uses in regards to God and all things being directed to one end?
10. What does Aquinas say about choice and how it is an act of the will in relation to the means to an end?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)