|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what must the exemplar of the order of things towards their end exist?
(b) Our minds.
(c) Our hearts.
(d) The divine mind.
2. Aquinas did not have the advantage of what?
(b) Contemporary neuroscience.
(d) An education.
3. Whenever you act in accordance with your own truth and values, then your behavior is what?
(b) Beneficial only to oneself.
(c) In unity with your essence.
(d) Not in accordance with God's will.
4. Is there Will in God?
(a) Yes, there can be will in God.
(b) No, there is no will in God.
(c) Yes, God's good is His own will.
(d) Yes, often there is will in God.
5. Objections and refutations to those objections are presented for what reasons?
(a) To confuse readers.
(b) To give options of possible beliefs.
(c) So that readers can follow the line of thinking.
(d) So that readers can choose their own beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Question II, The Existence of God, how many articles does Aquinas cover the self-evidence of God, addresses difficulties posed by conditions that cannot be demonstrated, and demonstrable proof of God's existence?
2. "God will have all men to be _____________" (p. 204.)
3. Angels are often images that represent what?
4. Damascene was later canonized as what?
5. What is meant by an article?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aquinas say about potentiality and actuality?
2. What is a Thomist?
3. What is Aquinas' response to Question LXXV On Man who is Composed of a Spiritual and a Corporeal Substance: And First, Concerning What Belongs to the Essence of the Soul?
4. What does Aquinas say about God's omnipotence?
5. What does Aquinas say about whether there is will in God?
6. What does Aquinas say about falsity?
7. Who is Dionysius?
8. What is said about angels?
9. What might someone who is not specially educated in the areas of philosophy and theology think of this book?
10. What do many of the questions and answers Aquinas discusses reveal about him?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)