|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many objections does Aquinas write in regards to whether the essence of the soul is its power?
2. The goal of this book is knowledge and understanding of what?
(b) The Truth.
(c) The soul.
3. The divine substance goes beyond the height of brilliance, and extends beyond what?
(a) The abilities of the soul.
(b) All knowledge.
(c) Some knowledge.
(d) The knowledge of saints.
4. Truth is the perfection of what, claims Aquinas?
(c) The soul.
(d) The intellect.
5. What is the Second Article of Question XC: On the Essence of Law in four articles?
(a) Whether Law is Always Directed to the Common Good.
(b) Whether Law Actually Exists.
(c) Whether Law is Always Given by God.
(d) Whether All Laws are Good.
6. Appetites are ______.
7. At its best, An Introduction to Saint Thomas Aquinas clarifies the mind, provides instruction and insight. It displays the vigorous efforts made by ___________ to come to terms with two of the top Grecian philosophers.
(a) The Catholic religion.
(b) The religious.
(c) All Christians.
8. How many articles are there for Question LXII: The Theological Virtues?
9. The desire for intellectual stimulation and a physical drive such as hunger represent ________________ these two types of appetites.
(a) The similarities between.
(b) The division between.
(c) A group of.
(d) The connection between.
10. One will is immediate and the rest may be the same or the guidance of ___________ which governs the events.
(a) A lower will.
(b) Several higher wills.
(c) Some higher will.
(d) A special will.
11. The Second Article concerns whether the intellect is a purely _________ power or not.
12. God has imbued all creatures, most especially humanity, to partake of the nature of God and to shed off what?
(a) That which holds them back from being more divine and perfect in their being.
(b) Judgmental attitudes.
(c) Human troubles.
(d) Worries and pain.
13. Aquinas goes back to pre-Socratic times and the observation that the system is rooted in motion, which ___________ certainty.
(a) Is similar to.
14. In Chapter 19-21, the format resumes the structure of the questions with what?
(b) Objections, answers, and rebuttals.
15. How many articles are there for Question XVIII: On the Goodness and Malice of Human Acts in General?
Short Answer Questions
1. People should assume that there is more to the region than what?
2. What is the First Article of Question 58, On the Difference Between Moral and Intellectual Virtues?
3. The Fourth Article is Whether We Can Understand Many Things at the Same Time. What does Aquinas say that the ability to distinguish two things involves?
4. The matter of whether the essence of the soul is its power involves whether ____________________ soul are separate and distinct or not.
5. Second Article: Whether the Mean of Moral Virtue is a Real Mean or a Mean of Reason completes what?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)