|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many objections and replies exist in the Fourth Article: Whether Choice is of Those Things Only That are Done By Us?
2. God manifests as _____________ within humanity.
3. How many articles are there for Question LXIV: On the Mean of Virtue?
4. What is the First Article for Question LXIII: The Cause of the Virtues?
(a) Whether Virtue is Real.
(b) Whether Virtue is Found by Accident.
(c) Whether Virtue Exists in Man.
(d) Whether Virtue is in us by Nature.
5. Is the second article of Question XIII included in the text of this Introduction?
(b) Not at first.
6. In Chapter XVII: That All Things are Directed to One End, Which is God, Aquinas teaches by what?
(d) Scientific study.
7. In Question XII: On Intention. Whether intention is an Act of the Intellect or of the Will, how many objections are made to the first article?
8. The divine essence is compared with what?
9. Aquinas claims that _________________ observes, categorizes, and determines what would be harmful and what would be helpful to an entity, person, or organism.
(a) The concupiscible power.
(b) The prelapsarian power.
(c) The irascible power.
(d) The essence of power.
10. In the Fourth Article: Whether Violence Can Be Done To the Will, what type of will does Aquinas describe?
(a) A strange will.
(b) An unknown will.
(c) A unique will.
(d) A two-fold will.
11. Action is used as what?
(a) A purposeful way to behave.
(b) An act by man.
(c) A way to move.
(d) A defining factor.
12. The matter of whether the essence of the soul is its power involves whether ____________________ soul are separate and distinct or not.
(a) The sensitive and the rational.
(b) The intellectual and spiritual.
(c) The irrational and rational.
(d) The concrete and abstract.
13. How many objections and refutations are there for the Second Article: Whether Moral Virtue Differs From Intellectual Virtue?
14. The Second Article is more intimately connected with Church doctrine: separating irascible from _____________.
(a) A hot temper.
15. What does Aquinas claim is the majority of human action?
(a) Purposive behavior.
(b) Inactive behavior.
(c) Purposeless behavior.
(d) Active behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many articles exist to discuss the powers of the soul in particular?
2. The Second Article concerns whether the intellect is a purely _________ power or not.
3. Truth is the perfection of what, claims Aquinas?
4. Whatever action any individual does to another has already been done to whom?
5. What question does Aquinas ask in Question 79?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)