|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to the answer to number 139, Aquinas claims that happiness ______________.
(a) Is attainable during life.
(b) Can be attained at the end of one's life.
(c) Is easily lost after childhood.
(d) May not be attainable during life.
2. The goal of this book is knowledge and understanding of what?
(a) The soul.
(c) The Truth.
3. Is the second article of Question XIII included in the text of this Introduction?
(b) Not at first.
4. What do both contemplation and action contain?
5. Aquinas believes that it is virtually self-evident that there is _____________ for there to be greater or lesser understanding between individuals.
(a) No way.
(b) Two ways.
(c) Only one way.
(d) More than one way.
6. How many objections does Aquinas write in regards to whether the essence of the soul is its power?
7. Angels consist of ____________ only.
(c) Mind and will.
8. The divine substance goes beyond the height of brilliance, and extends beyond what?
(a) The knowledge of saints.
(b) All knowledge.
(c) The abilities of the soul.
(d) Some knowledge.
9. While still part of The Summa Theologica, chapters 19-21 are an entirely ___________ part.
10. What is the Summa Theologica part of?
(a) A long tradition.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Koran.
(d) A new tradition.
11. What is the Second Article of Question XC: On the Essence of Law in four articles?
(a) Whether Law is Always Given by God.
(b) Whether Law Actually Exists.
(c) Whether Law is Always Directed to the Common Good.
(d) Whether All Laws are Good.
12. In The End of Man: The Summa Contra Gentiles: Third Book: Chapter I That Every Agent Acts For an End, what behavior does Aquinas refer to?
13. Aquinas explains that the human mind can discover a new __________.
14. People should assume that there is more to the region than what?
(a) Is in the Bible.
(b) Has been discovered.
(c) God has told them.
(d) Most people know.
15. The next set of questions are focused on what issue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Aquinas ask in Question 79?
2. When is man's ultimate happiness, according to Aquinas?
3. What description does Aquinas provide regarding whether the intellectual soul knows itself by its essence?
4. How many objections and replies exist in the Fourth Article: Whether Choice is of Those Things Only That are Done By Us?
5. What do some think regarding whether one person can understand one and the same thing better than another can?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)