|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is entropy, according to Aquinas?
(b) The loss of information.
(d) The Creator can reduce a being to nothing.
2. Does truth exist in the intellect?
(c) Most likely.
3. Aquinas did not have the advantage of what?
(a) Contemporary neuroscience.
(b) An education.
4. What test does Aquinas' idea stand?
(a) The test of conflict and disagreement.
(b) The test of philosophers.
(c) The test of the Catholic Church.
(d) The test of accuracy.
5. What is the trilogy of men of Athens?
(a) Socrates, Plato, and Diogenes.
(b) Plato, Aristotle, and Diogenes.
(c) Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle.
(d) Socrates, Diogenes, and Aristotle.
6. Summa Theologica was originally written in what language?
7. The mind is a phenomenon of the human being that can be ___________ separated and retain function.
8. Is there Will in God?
(a) No, there is no will in God.
(b) Yes, God's good is His own will.
(c) Yes, often there is will in God.
(d) Yes, there can be will in God.
9. Aquinas observes that while "the Philosopher" claims that the human intellect can have perfect knowledge, he uses Aristotle to refute this. He cites an observation made in De Anima to prove this. What does he say is in the mind's understanding of things?
(b) Truth and falsehood.
(d) Truth and lies.
10. God's power dwells throughout every one of what?
(a) God's actions.
(b) Man's thoughts.
(c) God's beings.
(d) Man's actions.
11. While the activity of the mind is usually expressed through the living body, with what will it continue in its current form?
(a) The coming of Christ.
(b) The cessation of the material nature.
(c) The birth of new beings.
(d) Accidents and injuries to the brain.
12. Angels appear _______________ in many cases.
(a) In small groups.
(b) As individuals.
(c) In large groups.
(d) As crowds.
13. How was Aquinas able to write this work?
(a) Over the course of a few tedious months.
(b) Through tremendous education and prepatory work.
(c) When he was ill and bedridden.
(d) Through the tremendous help of others.
14. What helped with the development of the philosophy mentioned in number 6?
(a) The arrival of the prophet Mohammed.
(b) The arrival of Buddha.
(c) The arrival of Christ.
(d) The birth of the prophet Mohammed.
15. According to Aquinas, is God truth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Thanks to ______________, he becomes aware of some ancient thinkers outside of Scriptures as well as inside them.
2. What is equally much an element of soul, and in this manner the life-giving breath of God is included?
3. Is created truth eternal, according to Aquinas?
4. Abstract concepts are harder to name, especially for what reason?
5. Aquinas includes the role of language as part of the puzzle of what?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)