|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23, Questions CIX, CXII, Grace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aquinas mention in the Third Article, when he asks if there is an Agent Intellect?
(a) Aristotle, Plato, and Socrates.
(b) Augustine, Dionysius, and Aristotle.
(c) Socrates, Dionysius, and Augustine.
(d) Augustine, Aristotle, and Plato.
2. What nature does not lend itself to sin?
3. The distinction between two things is a subdivision of ___________ of a whole.
(a) What is to be understood.
(c) These things.
4. In Question 84: How the Soul While United to the Body Understands Corporeal Things Beneath It in Eight Articles, Aquinas gets into _____________ historiography of the quest for knowledge and certainty regarding the truth.
(a) A simple yet long.
(b) A more complex and extended.
(c) A more complex yet brief.
(d) A simple and short.
5. People should assume that there is more to the region than what?
(a) Is in the Bible.
(b) Most people know.
(c) Has been discovered.
(d) God has told them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Eighth Article: Whether Man without Grace can avoid Sin, when does Augustine claim that no one can sin?
2. Who translated the book?
3. Aquinas was a learned man of what?
4. What test does Aquinas' idea stand?
5. The Second Article concerns whether the intellect is a purely _________ power or not.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)