|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The End of Man Chapters XVIII, XIX, XX, XXV Chapter 18, XLVII, LI, LII, LIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aquinas, Aristotle says that the soul is only separable from the body inasmuch as what?
(a) Thoughts and practices are.
(b) The separation of mind and body at death.
(c) One believes it to be.
(d) God wants it to be.
2. What is epistemology?
(a) The study of words.
(b) A dermatological term.
(c) Matters of knowledge.
(d) The study of literature.
3. What was Damascene?
(a) A public official.
(b) A artisan.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A fisherman.
4. The idea of spontaneous generation has been extended to who?
5. What is a Thomist?
(a) Someone who is named after Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(b) Someone who is a disciple of Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(c) Someone who is especially well-versed in the work of Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(d) Someone who teaches Saint Thomas Aquinas' philosophies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aquinas believes that it is virtually self-evident that there is _____________ for there to be greater or lesser understanding between individuals.
2. In Question II, The Existence of God, how many articles does Aquinas cover the self-evidence of God, addresses difficulties posed by conditions that cannot be demonstrated, and demonstrable proof of God's existence?
3. How was Aquinas able to write this work?
4. Aquinas discusses agents and ____________.
5. What question does Aquinas ask in Question 79?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)