|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Question XXV & XLIV, Chapter 9, Questions XLV, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII, XLIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aquinas explains that God is defined as the "first cause" or what?
(a) Prime reason.
(b) Prime mover.
(d) Cause of action.
2. What helped with the development of the philosophy mentioned in number 6?
(a) The birth of the prophet Mohammed.
(b) The arrival of Christ.
(c) The arrival of Buddha.
(d) The arrival of the prophet Mohammed.
3. How was Aquinas able to write this work?
(a) When he was ill and bedridden.
(b) Through tremendous education and prepatory work.
(c) Over the course of a few tedious months.
(d) Through the tremendous help of others.
4. What is epistemology?
(a) The study of words.
(b) The study of literature.
(c) A dermatological term.
(d) Matters of knowledge.
5. Aquinas shows that his ideas can be _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aquinas supports God as self-evident but again shows his existence through _________________.
2. How can the Summa Theologica be described?
3. What does Aquinas mean by truth that is immutable?
4. Aquinas goes into the process needed to calculate what, regarding good and evil when there are multiple values involved in one decision?
5. Angels are often images that represent what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)