|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Question XXV & XLIV, Chapter 9, Questions XLV, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII, XLIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Thomist?
(a) Someone who is a disciple of Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(b) Someone who teaches Saint Thomas Aquinas' philosophies.
(c) Someone who is especially well-versed in the work of Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(d) Someone who is named after Saint Thomas Aquinas.
2. Aquinas brings up the divergent views regarding what, saying that there are two lines of teaching?
(a) Corruptible and incorruptible.
(b) Facilitator and delegator.
(c) Demonstrator and Learner.
(d) Formal authority and personal model.
3. Dionysius was known as what?
(a) Dionysius the Argeopagite.
(b) Dionysius the Humble.
(c) Dionysius the Great.
(d) Dionysius the Meek.
4. What was Damascene?
(a) A public official.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A artisan.
5. What is meant by an article?
(a) A brief essay and clarification.
(b) A lengthy discourse on the topic.
(c) A short story or analogy.
(d) A lengthy definition of the topic.
Short Answer Questions
1. God can will for the existence of what?
2. How does Aquinas define providence?
3. Where did Damascene live for many years?
4. The objections in this book are legitimate opposition to what?
5. How can the Summa Theologica be described?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)