|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Question XXV & XLIV, Chapter 9, Questions XLV, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII, XLIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the format designed to suit?
(a) An educational setting.
(b) Those who study theology.
(c) Those interested in philosophy.
(d) Debate and logical argumentation.
2. The Summa Theologica is a tome of what?
(a) Aristotle's philosophical theology.
(b) Augustine's philosophical theology.
(c) Thomas Aquinas' philosophical theology.
(d) Catholic philosophical theology.
3. When Aquinas turns to the debate format, what is he assuming about the reader?
(a) The reader is in agreement with him on debate issues.
(b) The reader is well-versed in debate.
(c) The reader wants this debate format.
(d) The reader is aware of the main intellectual controversies of this era.
4. Which of these men of Athens is the youngest?
5. Aquinas shows that his ideas can be _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Thomist?
2. He attempted to reconcile philosophy with what?
3. Where did Damascene live for many years?
4. Damascene is named after what?
5. What test does Aquinas' idea stand?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)