|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Question XXV & XLIV, Chapter 9, Questions XLV, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII, XLIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does God ever will sin or evil?
(a) Yes, sometimes.
(c) Yes, often.
(d) Yes, rarely.
2. Angels are rather __________.
3. How was Aquinas able to write this work?
(a) When he was ill and bedridden.
(b) Over the course of a few tedious months.
(c) Through the tremendous help of others.
(d) Through tremendous education and prepatory work.
4. What areas of study might be important when reading this book?
(a) Greek mythology.
(c) Philosophy and theology.
(d) Art and literature.
5. Aquinas' work was severely challenged by what?
(a) The powerful Arabian philosophy of the time.
(b) The powerful Catholic philosophy of the time.
(c) The powerful Greek philosophy of the time.
(d) The powerful Israeli philosophy of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aquinas then broaches the matter of what substances?
2. How does Aquinas define providence?
3. What test does Aquinas' idea stand?
4. What is epistemology?
5. Does truth exist in the intellect?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)