|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Saint Thomas Aquinas : Chapter 4, Questions XVI & XVII, XVIII & XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Damascene?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A public official.
(c) A artisan.
(d) A teacher.
2. Aquinas was a learned man of what?
(a) The Greek government.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Muslim faith.
(d) The Jewish faith.
3. Aquinas supports God as self-evident but again shows his existence through _________________.
4. Damascene is named after what?
(a) A god.
(b) Damascus, Syria which was his homeland.
(c) The leader of his country.
(d) His mother's maiden name.
5. Who translated the book?
(a) It is assumed Saint Thomas Aquinas provided the translation.
(b) It is not known who provided the translation.
(c) It is assumed Anton C. Pegis provided the translation.
(d) It is assumed the Catholic Church provided the translation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Objections and refutations to those objections are presented for what reasons?
2. What is the reason why God has no name, or is said to be above being named?
3. What is a Thomist?
4. Aquinas observes that while "the Philosopher" claims that the human intellect can have perfect knowledge, he uses Aristotle to refute this. He cites an observation made in De Anima to prove this. What does he say is in the mind's understanding of things?
5. Dionysius was known as what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)