|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Saint Thomas Aquinas : Chapter 4, Questions XVI & XVII, XVIII & XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can the Summa Theologica be described?
(a) As massive.
(b) As unusual.
(c) As simple.
(d) As dull.
2. What is a psychological purification process?
(a) Speaking with philosophers.
(b) Debate and logical argumentation.
(c) Combining theology with philosophy.
(d) Studying philosophy.
3. What is meant by an article?
(a) A lengthy discourse on the topic.
(b) A brief essay and clarification.
(c) A short story or analogy.
(d) A lengthy definition of the topic.
4. Abstract concepts are harder to name, especially for what reason?
(a) They should not be named.
(b) They are difficult to see.
(c) They are not things in the usual sense.
(d) Many might argue over the names.
5. The Summa Theologica is a tome of what?
(a) Augustine's philosophical theology.
(b) Aristotle's philosophical theology.
(c) Catholic philosophical theology.
(d) Thomas Aquinas' philosophical theology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aquinas includes the role of language as part of the puzzle of what?
2. What does Aquinas mean by truth that is immutable?
3. Aquinas observes that while "the Philosopher" claims that the human intellect can have perfect knowledge, he uses Aristotle to refute this. He cites an observation made in De Anima to prove this. What does he say is in the mind's understanding of things?
4. Thanks to ______________, he becomes aware of some ancient thinkers outside of Scriptures as well as inside them.
5. Damascene was later canonized as what?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)