|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Saint Thomas Aquinas : Chapter 4, Questions XVI & XVII, XVIII & XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Damascene was later canonized as what?
(a) Both a thinker and teacher.
(b) Both a priest and rabbi.
(c) Both a healer and a thinker.
(d) Both a healer and teacher.
2. Aquinas was a learned man of what?
(a) The Jewish faith.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Greek government.
(d) The Muslim faith.
3. What did Damascene do when he quit his job?
(a) He became a beggar.
(b) He became a Christian monk.
(c) He became a teacher.
(d) He became a pastor.
4. How many major thinkers other than Aquinas are most frequently named by the author?
5. Aquinas supports God as self-evident but again shows his existence through _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason why God has no name, or is said to be above being named?
2. What is the format designed to suit?
3. Where did Damascene live for many years?
4. What helped with the development of the philosophy mentioned in number 6?
5. What is a Thomist?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)