|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Question XIII , XIV, XV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thanks to ______________, he becomes aware of some ancient thinkers outside of Scriptures as well as inside them.
(a) Aquinas' intelligence.
(b) Aquinas' education.
(c) Aquinas' friends.
(d) Aquinas' family.
2. Damascene was later canonized as what?
(a) Both a priest and rabbi.
(b) Both a healer and teacher.
(c) Both a healer and a thinker.
(d) Both a thinker and teacher.
3. What is a psychological purification process?
(a) Combining theology with philosophy.
(b) Debate and logical argumentation.
(c) Studying philosophy.
(d) Speaking with philosophers.
4. Where did Damascene live for many years?
5. Dionysius was known as what?
(a) Dionysius the Humble.
(b) Dionysius the Argeopagite.
(c) Dionysius the Meek.
(d) Dionysius the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aquinas supports God as self-evident but again shows his existence through _________________.
2. The Summa Theologica is a tome of what?
3. Objections and refutations to those objections are presented for what reasons?
4. What helped with the development of the philosophy mentioned in number 6?
5. What did Damascene do when he quit his job?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)