|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Human Acts: Questions 6, 8 & 9 Chapter 20, Questions 12, 13 & 18Chapter 21, Questions XX, XLIX, LI, LIV, LV, LVI, LVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aquinas introduces the idea of one mind. Is every event of the mind the same mind in action?
(c) Most of the time.
2. How was Aquinas able to write this work?
(a) Through tremendous education and prepatory work.
(b) Over the course of a few tedious months.
(c) When he was ill and bedridden.
(d) Through the tremendous help of others.
3. He states that words do relate to actual things. It is also important to note that the mind has an important role in language. That is why Aquinas introduces the idea of naming things by and with what?
(a) Intention and understanding.
(b) Alphabetical order and an assistant.
(c) Size and concentration.
(d) Quantity and purpose.
4. Angels consist of ____________ only.
(a) Mind and will.
5. What is epistemology?
(a) A dermatological term.
(b) The study of words.
(c) Matters of knowledge.
(d) The study of literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many objections does Aquinas write in regards to whether the essence of the soul is its power?
2. Aquinas goes back to pre-Socratic times and the observation that the system is rooted in motion, which ___________ certainty.
3. What areas of study might be important when reading this book?
4. The sixth article takes up the matter of the puzzle of whether the human soul is ________________.
5. What is the reason why God has no name, or is said to be above being named?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)