|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Human Acts: Questions 6, 8 & 9 Chapter 20, Questions 12, 13 & 18Chapter 21, Questions XX, XLIX, LI, LIV, LV, LVI, LVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where do some of the objections come in regards to whether the intellectual principle is united to the body as its form?
(a) DesCartes type of dualism.
(b) Aristotle's rhetoric.
(c) Plato's studies.
(d) The Socratic Method.
2. The statement in number 137 is _______________ his other point that action is what manifests essence.
(a) Similar to.
(b) Somewhat like.
(c) The same as.
(d) Contrary to.
3. Aquinas brings up the divergent views regarding what, saying that there are two lines of teaching?
(a) Corruptible and incorruptible.
(b) Demonstrator and Learner.
(c) Facilitator and delegator.
(d) Formal authority and personal model.
4. Objections and refutations to those objections are presented for what reasons?
(a) So that readers can choose their own beliefs.
(b) To confuse readers.
(c) So that readers can follow the line of thinking.
(d) To give options of possible beliefs.
5. How does Aquinas define providence?
(a) A city in Rhode Island.
(b) The ability of man to govern the universe.
(c) The exemplar of things ordered towards an end.
(d) The desires of man.
Short Answer Questions
1. God manifests as _____________ within humanity.
2. Is the second article of Question XIII included in the text of this Introduction?
3. Summa Theologica was originally written in what language?
4. What is entropy, according to Aquinas?
5. Thanks to ______________, he becomes aware of some ancient thinkers outside of Scriptures as well as inside them.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)