|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Human Acts: Questions 6, 8 & 9 Chapter 20, Questions 12, 13 & 18Chapter 21, Questions XX, XLIX, LI, LIV, LV, LVI, LVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has written the Introduction?
(c) St. Thomas Aquinas.
(d) A nameless scholar.
2. What is meant by an article?
(a) A short story or analogy.
(b) A lengthy discourse on the topic.
(c) A brief essay and clarification.
(d) A lengthy definition of the topic.
3. Is God omnipotent?
(a) Yes, after Jesus' birth.
(b) Yes, sometimes.
(d) No, not usually.
4. What question does Aquinas ask in Question 79?
(a) Whether everyone has an intellectual soul.
(b) Whether there is an intellectual soul.
(c) Whether the intellect and the soul are one and the same.
(d) Whether the intellectual soul is truthful.
5. In what must the exemplar of the order of things towards their end exist?
(b) Our minds.
(c) Our hearts.
(d) The divine mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these men of Athens is the youngest?
2. What does Aquinas claim is the majority of human action?
3. In Chapter XVII: That All Things are Directed to One End, Which is God, Aquinas teaches by what?
4. The goal of this book is knowledge and understanding of what?
5. In Question XII: On Intention. Whether intention is an Act of the Intellect or of the Will, how many objections are made to the first article?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)