|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, Human Acts: Questions 6, 8 & 9 Chapter 20, Questions 12, 13 & 18Chapter 21, Questions XX, XLIX, LI, LIV, LV, LVI, LVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Action is used as what?
(a) A defining factor.
(b) A purposeful way to behave.
(c) An act by man.
(d) A way to move.
2. How many objections and replies exist in the Fourth Article: Whether Choice is of Those Things Only That are Done By Us?
3. Aquinas goes back to pre-Socratic times and the observation that the system is rooted in motion, which ___________ certainty.
(a) Is similar to.
4. How many articles are there for Question XVIII: On the Goodness and Malice of Human Acts in General?
5. Aquinas shows that his ideas can be _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aquinas introduces the idea of one mind. Is every event of the mind the same mind in action?
2. In Question XII: On Intention. Whether intention is an Act of the Intellect or of the Will, how many objections are made to the first article?
3. What did Damascene do when he quit his job?
4. Aquinas did not have the advantage of what?
5. Aquinas claims that focus upon the spiritual means what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)