|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Conclusion of Question XIX & Question XXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Aquinas turns to the debate format, what is he assuming about the reader?
(a) The reader is aware of the main intellectual controversies of this era.
(b) The reader is well-versed in debate.
(c) The reader wants this debate format.
(d) The reader is in agreement with him on debate issues.
2. How does Aquinas define providence?
(a) The desires of man.
(b) The ability of man to govern the universe.
(c) The exemplar of things ordered towards an end.
(d) A city in Rhode Island.
3. Where did Damascene live for many years?
4. Summa Theologica was originally written in what language?
5. Aquinas' work was severely challenged by what?
(a) The powerful Israeli philosophy of the time.
(b) The powerful Greek philosophy of the time.
(c) The powerful Arabian philosophy of the time.
(d) The powerful Catholic philosophy of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a psychological purification process?
2. The Summa Theologica is a tome of what?
3. Damascene was later canonized as what?
4. According to Aquinas, is God truth?
5. When was Summa Theologica written?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)