|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Conclusion of Question XIX & Question XXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Summa Theologica was originally written in what language?
2. Where did Damascene live for many years?
3. The layout of the Summa Theologica is designed for use in what?
(a) A classroom setting.
(b) Intellectual debate amongst theologians and philosophers.
(c) A church.
(d) A comparative religion course.
4. How many major thinkers other than Aquinas are most frequently named by the author?
5. Aquinas explains that God is defined as the "first cause" or what?
(a) Prime mover.
(c) Prime reason.
(d) Cause of action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Damascene?
2. What helped with the development of the philosophy mentioned in number 6?
3. Which of these men of Athens is the youngest?
4. In Question II, The Existence of God, how many articles does Aquinas cover the self-evidence of God, addresses difficulties posed by conditions that cannot be demonstrated, and demonstrable proof of God's existence?
5. What does Aquinas mean by truth that is immutable?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)