|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Question LXXIX / 79 & Analysis Chapter 14, Questions LXXX, LXXXI, & LXXXII & LXXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The layout of the Summa Theologica is designed for use in what?
(a) A classroom setting.
(b) A comparative religion course.
(c) A church.
(d) Intellectual debate amongst theologians and philosophers.
2. The Second Article concerns whether the intellect is a purely _________ power or not.
3. Aquinas then broaches the matter of what substances?
(a) Corruptible and incorruptible.
(b) Formal authority and personal model.
(c) Facilitator and delegator.
(d) Demonstrator and Learner.
4. Objections and refutations to those objections are presented for what reasons?
(a) So that readers can follow the line of thinking.
(b) So that readers can choose their own beliefs.
(c) To give options of possible beliefs.
(d) To confuse readers.
5. Aquinas goes into the process needed to calculate what, regarding good and evil when there are multiple values involved in one decision?
(a) Right and wrong.
(b) The number of people on the earth.
(c) Various theories.
(d) The age of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose will does Aquinas believe should always be fulfilled?
2. While the activity of the mind is usually expressed through the living body, with what will it continue in its current form?
3. The idea of spontaneous generation has been extended to who?
4. The truth or perception is that the living soul is the mind intimately associated with what?
5. God can will for the existence of what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)