|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Question LXXIX / 79 & Analysis Chapter 14, Questions LXXX, LXXXI, & LXXXII & LXXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Thomist?
(a) Someone who teaches Saint Thomas Aquinas' philosophies.
(b) Someone who is named after Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(c) Someone who is a disciple of Saint Thomas Aquinas.
(d) Someone who is especially well-versed in the work of Saint Thomas Aquinas.
2. According to Aquinas, Aristotle says that the soul is only separable from the body inasmuch as what?
(a) God wants it to be.
(b) The separation of mind and body at death.
(c) One believes it to be.
(d) Thoughts and practices are.
3. Aquinas goes into the process needed to calculate what, regarding good and evil when there are multiple values involved in one decision?
(a) Various theories.
(b) The number of people on the earth.
(c) The age of God.
(d) Right and wrong.
4. The intellect gives virtue and power to the soul, but is the intellect the soul in and of itself?
5. Objections and refutations to those objections are presented for what reasons?
(a) To give options of possible beliefs.
(b) So that readers can choose their own beliefs.
(c) So that readers can follow the line of thinking.
(d) To confuse readers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Second Article is focused upon differentiating the sensitive and the intellectual appetites: are they different powers?
2. What does Aquinas differentiate between in the First Article?
3. What areas of study might be important when reading this book?
4. The truth or perception is that the living soul is the mind intimately associated with what?
5. What is a psychological purification process?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)