|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Question LXXIX / 79 & Analysis Chapter 14, Questions LXXX, LXXXI, & LXXXII & LXXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aquinas writes of the Creator's powers in relation to what?
(c) Human abilities.
(d) Potentiality and actuality.
2. What is entropy, according to Aquinas?
(a) The loss of information.
(b) The Creator can reduce a being to nothing.
3. God can will for the existence of what?
(b) Opposites and their possibilities.
4. In what must the exemplar of the order of things towards their end exist?
(a) Our minds.
(b) Our hearts.
(c) The divine mind.
5. Appetites are ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Second Article is focused upon differentiating the sensitive and the intellectual appetites: are they different powers?
2. "God will have all men to be _____________" (p. 204.)
3. The Second Article concerns whether the intellect is a purely _________ power or not.
4. According to Aquinas, Aristotle says that the soul is only separable from the body inasmuch as what?
5. The sixth article takes up the matter of the puzzle of whether the human soul is ________________.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)