|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The End of Man Chapters XVIII, XIX, XX, XXV Chapter 18, XLVII, LI, LII, LIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Due to the answer to number 139, Aquinas claims that happiness ______________.
(a) Can be attained at the end of one's life.
(b) Is easily lost after childhood.
(c) May not be attainable during life.
(d) Is attainable during life.
2. Truth and falsehood are both described in relation to what?
(a) The intellect.
(b) Relationships between men.
3. ____________ ourselves and others is the healing force.
(a) Forgiveness of.
(b) Hope for.
(c) Prayer for.
(d) Faith in.
4. Whether the intellectual principle is multiplied according to the number of bodies has to do with what?
(a) Perceptions of separation.
(b) Perceptions of others.
(c) Perceptions of connection.
(d) Perceptions of separation and connection.
5. Aquinas claims that focus upon the spiritual means what?
(a) The interest has been removed from the sensory.
(b) A peaceful life.
(c) A decrease in sensitivity to life on earth.
(d) A struggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Truth is the perfection of what, claims Aquinas?
2. How many objections does Aquinas write in regards to whether the essence of the soul is its power?
3. What is epistemology?
4. According to Aquinas, is God truth?
5. The divine essence is exposed through what?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)