|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The End of Man Chapters XVIII, XIX, XX, XXV Chapter 18, XLVII, LI, LII, LIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God manifests as _____________ within humanity.
2. The divine essence is compared with what?
3. Aquinas sees individuating qualities as signs of _____________________ rather than as the type of separation associated with biological and social organizations.
(a) Unnatural togetherness.
(b) Fundamental separateness.
(c) Unnatural separateness.
(d) Fundamental togetherness.
4. Does truth only exist in the intellect?
(b) Most likely.
5. Truth is the perfection of what, claims Aquinas?
(a) The soul.
(c) The intellect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aquinas then broaches the matter of what substances?
2. When is man's ultimate happiness, according to Aquinas?
3. The divine essence is exposed through what?
4. When there is an organizer or leader of a group, Aquinas explains that only the leader is considered to be what?
5. God cannot be the end of things as though He were something effected, but only as ______________.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)