|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The End of Man Chapters XVIII, XIX, XX, XXV Chapter 18, XLVII, LI, LII, LIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God has imbued all creatures, most especially humanity, to partake of the nature of God and to shed off what?
(a) Human troubles.
(b) Judgmental attitudes.
(c) That which holds them back from being more divine and perfect in their being.
(d) Worries and pain.
2. Is created truth eternal, according to Aquinas?
(a) No, not all of the truth is eternal, but all that is eternal is the truth.
(b) Yes, all truth is eternal, but not all that is eternal is the truth.
(c) No, no truth is eternal, and nothing eternal is truth.
(d) Yes, all truth is eternal.
3. When there is an organizer or leader of a group, Aquinas explains that only the leader is considered to be what?
(a) The reactor.
(b) The agent.
(c) The actor.
(d) The reagent.
4. How many articles exist to discuss the powers of the soul in particular?
5. Whether the intellectual principle is multiplied according to the number of bodies has to do with what?
(a) Perceptions of separation.
(b) Perceptions of others.
(c) Perceptions of connection.
(d) Perceptions of separation and connection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is epistemology?
2. Aquinas sees individuating qualities as signs of _____________________ rather than as the type of separation associated with biological and social organizations.
3. God cannot be the end of things as though He were something effected, but only as ______________.
4. According to Aquinas, God is the end of things as something to be obtained by each thing in what way?
5. Truth is the perfection of what, claims Aquinas?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)