|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The End of Man Chapters XVIII, XIX, XX, XXV Chapter 18, XLVII, LI, LII, LIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aquinas brings up the divergent views regarding what, saying that there are two lines of teaching?
(a) Facilitator and delegator.
(b) Demonstrator and Learner.
(c) Corruptible and incorruptible.
(d) Formal authority and personal model.
2. Does truth exist in the intellect?
(b) Most likely.
3. How many articles exist to discuss the powers of the soul in particular?
4. Due to the answer to number 139, Aquinas claims that happiness ______________.
(a) May not be attainable during life.
(b) Can be attained at the end of one's life.
(c) Is attainable during life.
(d) Is easily lost after childhood.
5. God has imbued all creatures, most especially humanity, to partake of the nature of God and to shed off what?
(a) That which holds them back from being more divine and perfect in their being.
(b) Worries and pain.
(c) Judgmental attitudes.
(d) Human troubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location of truth does the author question?
2. What does Aquinas mean by truth that is immutable?
3. Aquinas claims that focus upon the spiritual means what?
4. The matter of whether the essence of the soul is its power involves whether ____________________ soul are separate and distinct or not.
5. Aquinas then broaches the matter of what substances?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)