|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Steubins' life, he began as a ______.
2. Why does the actress insist on being called "Shoola"?
3. What is the movie star doing when she's hit?
4. How was Nick inducted into Hollywood?
5. What is the storm doing to the Cobra crew's ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shoola's connection with Harry contradict current-Kuinak?
2. Why does the actress want to be called "Shoola"?
3. Why does Shoola want to go home?
4. What is changing about the movie?
5. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
6. Why can't Mike, Greer, and Ike catch any fish?
7. Were Mike and Steubins in need of rescuing after the storm? Why?
8. How are Steubins and Mike able to bond?
9. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
10. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Reverend Greener and Ike are paralleled in their desire for social reform. However, Ike is no longer an activist and lies at the opposite end of the spectrum from Rev. Greener. Discuss the use of these opposing men in a common interest and what we learn about humanity, the future, and Ike through this relationship.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)