|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroys the film set?
2. In Chapter 20, why has filming stopped?
3. After Alice and Ike are intimate, Alice watches _______.
4. What do Mike and Steubins bond over?
5. Who does Ike hate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
2. Are the occurrences of Chapter 20 common or uncommon for Kuinak? How?
3. How has Ike let the people of Kuinak down?
4. Why does Shoola want to go home?
5. Why can't Mike, Greer, and Ike catch any fish?
6. How are Steubins and Mike able to bond?
7. How Is Ike's old nature returning in Chapter 20?
8. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
9. Does Alice's character make more sense after Chapter 19?
10. By Chapter 12, how has Kuinak dramatically changed since Ike left to go to Skagway?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nick is a crucial character in Sailor Song with varied connections to people around Kuinak before he arrived for the movie. Discuss Nick's presence, his role as the antagonist, and how he furthers the interconnectedness and mystery of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Despite the varied objectives and personalities of characters, parallels can be drawn between everyone, making them all interconnected. Discuss the use of interconnection in this story.
Essay Topic 3
Ike had a colorful past as the Bakatcha Bandit and cannot escape his reputation even after isolating himself in Kuinak. Ike's past is convoluted for a majority of Sailor Song, and his true nature is frequently obscured by his misrepresentation of himself and others' inflated views of him. Discuss these many dimensions of Ike and their relationship to the world, humanity, and the individual.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)