|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Alice and Ike are intimate, Alice watches _______.
2. Why is the movie production stalled?
3. For whom does the Underdog Club hold a funeral?
4. After her father is killed, what does Louise Loop believe is happening to her?
5. Who does Ike hate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nick become successful in Hollywood?
2. Are the occurrences of Chapter 20 common or uncommon for Kuinak? How?
3. How has the Underdog Club failed?
4. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
5. Why does the actress want to be called "Shoola"?
6. How does Shoola's connection with Harry contradict current-Kuinak?
7. Does Alice's character make more sense after Chapter 19?
8. How Is Ike's old nature returning in Chapter 20?
9. By Chapter 12, how has Kuinak dramatically changed since Ike left to go to Skagway?
10. What must Ike return to at the end of Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ike had a colorful past as the Bakatcha Bandit and cannot escape his reputation even after isolating himself in Kuinak. Ike's past is convoluted for a majority of Sailor Song, and his true nature is frequently obscured by his misrepresentation of himself and others' inflated views of him. Discuss these many dimensions of Ike and their relationship to the world, humanity, and the individual.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Kesey's overall statement about humanity is with good, evil, mystery, and truth in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 3
Reverend Greener and Ike are paralleled in their desire for social reform. However, Ike is no longer an activist and lies at the opposite end of the spectrum from Rev. Greener. Discuss the use of these opposing men in a common interest and what we learn about humanity, the future, and Ike through this relationship.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)