|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there a search for Mike and Steubins?
2. What is the storm doing to the Cobra crew's ship?
3. Why can't Ike, Mike, and Greer catch any fish?
4. What do Ike, Mike, and Greer have on the boat?
5. Why do Ike, Mike, and Greer have to return to town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must Ike return to at the end of Chapter 16?
2. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
3. Why does Shoola want to go home?
4. Why does the actress want to be called "Shoola"?
5. How has Ike let the people of Kuinak down?
6. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
7. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
8. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
9. Were Mike and Steubins in need of rescuing after the storm? Why?
10. By Chapter 12, how has Kuinak dramatically changed since Ike left to go to Skagway?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Sailor Song, much of the characters' natures are displayed through their heroic or cowardly actions. Discuss the use of heroism in the book as another commonality between characters, an accelerator for situations, and why it is so critical to "honesty" in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Despite the varied objectives and personalities of characters, parallels can be drawn between everyone, making them all interconnected. Discuss the use of interconnection in this story.
Essay Topic 3
Reverend Greener and Ike are paralleled in their desire for social reform. However, Ike is no longer an activist and lies at the opposite end of the spectrum from Rev. Greener. Discuss the use of these opposing men in a common interest and what we learn about humanity, the future, and Ike through this relationship.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)