|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alice react to Ike's comments about Nick's father?
2. Why do Mike and Steubins leave in the small boat?
3. What is the storm doing to the Cobra crew's ship?
4. In jail, Ike exposed a warden for drinking ______.
5. While searching, what does Alice realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. By Chapter 12, how has Kuinak dramatically changed since Ike left to go to Skagway?
2. How Is Ike's old nature returning in Chapter 20?
3. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
4. Does Alice's character make more sense after Chapter 19?
5. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
6. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
7. How are Steubins and Mike able to bond?
8. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
9. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
10. How does Shoola's connection with Harry contradict current-Kuinak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how social expectations mold and direct the narrative of Sailor Song.`
Essay Topic 2
Ike had a colorful past as the Bakatcha Bandit and cannot escape his reputation even after isolating himself in Kuinak. Ike's past is convoluted for a majority of Sailor Song, and his true nature is frequently obscured by his misrepresentation of himself and others' inflated views of him. Discuss these many dimensions of Ike and their relationship to the world, humanity, and the individual.
Essay Topic 3
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)