|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nick's father?
2. Where did Shoola grow up?
3. Who else is with Alice, Shoola, and Ike when they leave Mike and Willi at the dock?
4. Ike misunderstands Shoola and thinks she is offering him _______.
5. What do Ike, Mike, and Greer have on the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Steubins and Mike able to bond?
2. By Chapter 12, how has Kuinak dramatically changed since Ike left to go to Skagway?
3. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
4. How Is Ike's old nature returning in Chapter 20?
5. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
6. Why does Shoola want to go home?
7. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
8. Does Alice's character make more sense after Chapter 19?
9. Are the occurrences of Chapter 20 common or uncommon for Kuinak? How?
10. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of "nature" in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the book's focus on the necessity and integrity of one's roots and the way characters are defined by their context, home, and independence.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)