|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice's letter to Ike and Greer ask?
2. Why won't Eemook be coming to meet the sea lion?
3. For whom does the Underdog Club hold a funeral?
4. Whose body is in the water?
5. After her father is killed, what does Louise Loop believe is happening to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Were Mike and Steubins in need of rescuing after the storm? Why?
2. Why can't Mike, Greer, and Ike catch any fish?
3. How does Shoola's connection with Harry contradict current-Kuinak?
4. How has the Underdog Club failed?
5. What must Ike return to at the end of Chapter 16?
6. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
7. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
8. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
9. By Chapter 12, how has Kuinak dramatically changed since Ike left to go to Skagway?
10. Does Alice's character make more sense after Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose of the Loop family in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 2
Mystery surrounds the characters in Sailor Song, from their history to true motives. This is strongest in Alice and Ike, Foxcorp, and even in subtle dynamics like Shoola and Harry. Discuss mystery as a sub-narrative in Sailor Song and how it drives and suspends situations, relationships, and the reader's experiences.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how love and attraction affect characters' actions, honesty, and the dynamics of the story.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)