|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there a search for Mike and Steubins?
2. What does Alice's letter to Ike and Greer ask?
3. Who else is with Alice, Shoola, and Ike when they leave Mike and Willi at the dock?
4. In the story of Steubins' life, he began as a ______.
5. What facade does Mike find over his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nick become successful in Hollywood?
2. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
3. How does Shoola's connection with Harry contradict current-Kuinak?
4. How Is Ike's old nature returning in Chapter 20?
5. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
6. What is changing about the movie?
7. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
8. How are Steubins and Mike able to bond?
9. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
10. Why can't Mike, Greer, and Ike catch any fish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Shoola and the Sea Lion is the appropriate story to be tied to Sailor Song and how it aids the reader's understanding.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of "nature" in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 3
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)