|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the actress insist on being called "Shoola"?
2. What does the group of young people say to Ike?
3. What does Alice's letter to Ike and Greer ask?
4. Why is the movie production stalled?
5. What is the movie star doing when she's hit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Underdog Club failed?
2. By Chapter 12, how has Kuinak dramatically changed since Ike left to go to Skagway?
3. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
4. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
5. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
6. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
7. Why does the actress want to be called "Shoola"?
8. What must Ike return to at the end of Chapter 16?
9. Why can't Mike, Greer, and Ike catch any fish?
10. How Is Ike's old nature returning in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of "nature" in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 3
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)