|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story of Steubins' life, he becomes a(n) ______ director.
2. How does Alice react to Ike's comments about Nick's father?
3. What are people's reactions to Ike's speech?
4. How was Nick inducted into Hollywood?
5. How do Ike and Alice become honest with each other?
Essay Topic 1
Kuinak and its inhabitants are painted mainly by their isolated nature. Discuss the use of isolation in Sailor Song and how it adds to the canvas of the narrative and its representation of change.
Essay Topic 2
Kuinak has been plagued by development, Foxcorp, nature, and more. Discuss the nature of destruction in the book and Kesey's attitude towards humans and nature.
Essay Topic 3
In Sailor Song, much of the characters' natures are displayed through their heroic or cowardly actions. Discuss the use of heroism in the book as another commonality between characters, an accelerator for situations, and why it is so critical to "honesty" in the book.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)