|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her father is killed, what does Louise Loop believe is happening to her?
2. In Chapter 20, why has filming stopped?
3. How was Nick inducted into Hollywood?
4. Why does the actress insist on being called "Shoola"?
5. How do Ike, Mike, and Greer know about the school of fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Underdog Club failed?
2. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
4. Why does the actress want to be called "Shoola"?
5. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
6. What is changing about the movie?
7. By Chapter 12, how has Kuinak dramatically changed since Ike left to go to Skagway?
8. Why does Shoola want to go home?
9. Were Mike and Steubins in need of rescuing after the storm? Why?
10. Does Alice's character make more sense after Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are three critical storms in Sailor Song: the two in Kuinak and the one in Shoola and the Sea Lion. These three storms draw many parallels with each other and incite different elements of the story and struggle. Discuss the use of storms in the book as a common thread and accelerator.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the purpose of the Loop family in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how social expectations mold and direct the narrative of Sailor Song.`
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)