|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Mike and Steubins leave in the small boat?
2. In the story of Steubins' life, he began as a ______.
3. Why is the movie production stalled?
4. On her way to meet Mike, Alice crashes her ______.
5. Ike is urged to let _____ take over.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
2. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
3. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
4. How has the Underdog Club failed?
5. What must Ike return to at the end of Chapter 16?
6. Were Mike and Steubins in need of rescuing after the storm? Why?
7. How has Ike let the people of Kuinak down?
8. Why does the actress want to be called "Shoola"?
9. How did Nick become successful in Hollywood?
10. Why can't Mike, Greer, and Ike catch any fish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ike had a colorful past as the Bakatcha Bandit and cannot escape his reputation even after isolating himself in Kuinak. Ike's past is convoluted for a majority of Sailor Song, and his true nature is frequently obscured by his misrepresentation of himself and others' inflated views of him. Discuss these many dimensions of Ike and their relationship to the world, humanity, and the individual.
Essay Topic 2
In Sailor Song, much of the characters' natures are displayed through their heroic or cowardly actions. Discuss the use of heroism in the book as another commonality between characters, an accelerator for situations, and why it is so critical to "honesty" in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of "nature" in Sailor Song.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)