|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Eemook be coming to meet the sea lion?
2. After the funeral, what does Shoola offer Ike to console his loss?
3. What are people's reactions to Ike's speech?
4. For whom does the Underdog Club hold a funeral?
5. How does Shoola feel about the sea lion when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is changing about the movie?
2. Why does Shoola want to go home?
3. How has the Underdog Club failed?
4. Does Alice's character make more sense after Chapter 19?
5. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
6. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
7. Are the occurrences of Chapter 20 common or uncommon for Kuinak? How?
8. Why does the actress want to be called "Shoola"?
9. How are Steubins and Mike able to bond?
10. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how social expectations mold and direct the narrative of Sailor Song.`
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the book's focus on the necessity and integrity of one's roots and the way characters are defined by their context, home, and independence.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)