|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the movie production stalled?
2. What do Ike, Mike, and Greer have on the boat?
3. What has the Foxcorp yacht been vandalized with?
4. Who disappears in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must Ike return to at the end of Chapter 16?
2. How does Shoola's connection with Harry contradict current-Kuinak?
3. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
4. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
5. Does Alice's character make more sense after Chapter 19?
6. How has the Underdog Club failed?
7. How Is Ike's old nature returning in Chapter 20?
8. Were Mike and Steubins in need of rescuing after the storm? Why?
9. How has Ike let the people of Kuinak down?
10. Are the occurrences of Chapter 20 common or uncommon for Kuinak? How?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Sailor Song, much of the characters' natures are displayed through their heroic or cowardly actions. Discuss the use of heroism in the book as another commonality between characters, an accelerator for situations, and why it is so critical to "honesty" in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the purpose of the Loop family in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what Kesey's overall statement about humanity is with good, evil, mystery, and truth in Sailor Song.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)