|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alice react to Ike's comments about Nick's father?
2. Ike misunderstands Shoola and thinks she is offering him _______.
3. When Shoola first meets the sea lion, what does she spend the whole time doing?
4. What has the Foxcorp yacht been vandalized with?
5. What has happened to Ike's trailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
2. Why does the actress want to be called "Shoola"?
3. How are Steubins and Mike able to bond?
4. How does Shoola's connection with Harry contradict current-Kuinak?
5. What is changing about the movie?
6. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
7. Are the occurrences of Chapter 20 common or uncommon for Kuinak? How?
8. Does Alice's character make more sense after Chapter 19?
9. How did Nick become successful in Hollywood?
10. How has the Underdog Club failed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Foxcorp stands in stark contrast to Kuinak, there are a few elements that tie the two together. Discuss the parallels of Foxcorp and Kuinak in Sailor Song and what they say about nature, authenticity, and industry.
Essay Topic 2
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the purpose of the Loop family in Sailor Song.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)