|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Shoola leaves, what does the sea lion want?
2. In jail, Ike exposed a warden for drinking ______.
3. Why won't Eemook be coming to meet the sea lion?
4. While searching, what does Alice realize?
5. In the story of Steubins' life, he becomes a(n) ______ director.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kuinak has been plagued by development, Foxcorp, nature, and more. Discuss the nature of destruction in the book and Kesey's attitude towards humans and nature.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Kesey's overall statement about humanity is with good, evil, mystery, and truth in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 3
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)