|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Nick made it in Hollywood, what was he?
2. What does Alice's letter to Ike and Greer ask?
3. After Alice and Ike are intimate, Alice watches _______.
4. Where does Ike become stranded?
5. What has happened to the town since Ike's been gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the actress want to be called "Shoola"?
2. How did Nick become successful in Hollywood?
3. How has the Underdog Club failed?
4. By Chapter 12, how has Kuinak dramatically changed since Ike left to go to Skagway?
5. Why does Shoola want to go home?
6. How are Steubins and Mike able to bond?
7. Are the occurrences of Chapter 20 common or uncommon for Kuinak? How?
8. How Is Ike's old nature returning in Chapter 20?
9. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
10. How has Ike let the people of Kuinak down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kuinak's struggles represent the world and its final big storm affects everyone in the world. Discuss how Kuinak functions as an analogy for development in the world and Kesey's commentary on the future.
Essay Topic 2
Despite the varied objectives and personalities of characters, parallels can be drawn between everyone, making them all interconnected. Discuss the use of interconnection in this story.
Essay Topic 3
Kuinak and its inhabitants are painted mainly by their isolated nature. Discuss the use of isolation in Sailor Song and how it adds to the canvas of the narrative and its representation of change.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)