|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is in the water?
2. Why does Mike sneak out of the bar?
3. What is Leonard Smalls' job in the movie?
4. What color are the clouds that started the storm?
5. Who disappears in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
2. What must Ike return to at the end of Chapter 16?
3. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
4. How does Shoola's connection with Harry contradict current-Kuinak?
5. How Is Ike's old nature returning in Chapter 20?
6. Are the occurrences of Chapter 20 common or uncommon for Kuinak? How?
7. What is changing about the movie?
8. How has the Underdog Club failed?
9. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
10. Why does Shoola want to go home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kuinak and its inhabitants are painted mainly by their isolated nature. Discuss the use of isolation in Sailor Song and how it adds to the canvas of the narrative and its representation of change.
Essay Topic 2
In Sailor Song, much of the characters' natures are displayed through their heroic or cowardly actions. Discuss the use of heroism in the book as another commonality between characters, an accelerator for situations, and why it is so critical to "honesty" in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what Kesey's overall statement about humanity is with good, evil, mystery, and truth in Sailor Song.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)