|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kuinak see this movie as an opportunity for?
2. What business did Alice open upon returning from college?
3. After the Loops come to the scene, what does the albino man beg them not to do?
4. Why does Mike take a longer route to get home?
5. What joke do crows love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alice back in Kuinak?
2. In Chapter 3, why is this small town about to change?
3. Does Ike try to isolate himself?
4. What's the purpose of Chapter 2?
5. What does Kuinak offer to the tone of the book?
6. Does Ike live a charmed life?
7. How is Foxcorp contrary to the Underdog Club?
8. How are Ike and Kuinak similar?
9. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
10. How is the Foxcorp party affecting the town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
Essay Topic 2
There are three critical storms in Sailor Song: the two in Kuinak and the one in Shoola and the Sea Lion. These three storms draw many parallels with each other and incite different elements of the story and struggle. Discuss the use of storms in the book as a common thread and accelerator.
Essay Topic 3
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)