|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ike stands over the albino man and Louise, how does he describe the albino man's skin?
2. What did Mike do before settling in Alaska?
3. Who is the president of the Underdog Club?
4. In California, Ike worked as a ________.
5. At the icehouse property, Omar Loop builds a slaughterhouse and a ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shoola and the Sea Lion an appropriate or inappropriate children's book?
2. What does "Bakatcha Bandit" imply about Ike?
3. How has Foxcorp changed Kuinak?
4. In Chapter 3, why is this small town about to change?
5. What is the condition of Kuinak?
6. Why does Steubins want to meet with the town leaders?
7. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
8. How is Eemook an unlikely hero?
9. What's the irony of Omar Loop building a pig slaughterhouse on Paul Peterson's property?
10. How is the Foxcorp party affecting the town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Foxcorp stands in stark contrast to Kuinak, there are a few elements that tie the two together. Discuss the parallels of Foxcorp and Kuinak in Sailor Song and what they say about nature, authenticity, and industry.
Essay Topic 2
In Sailor Song, much of the characters' natures are displayed through their heroic or cowardly actions. Discuss the use of heroism in the book as another commonality between characters, an accelerator for situations, and why it is so critical to "honesty" in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what Kesey's overall statement about humanity is with good, evil, mystery, and truth in Sailor Song.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)