|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the albino man claim is the reason he attacked Louise?
2. How does the stranger win the shadow puppet contest?
3. The town was briefly thought to be an outlet from _______.
4. How has Foxcorp's presence in Kuinak affected the town?
5. Why is the Underdog Club angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the condition of Kuinak?
2. Why is Alice back in Kuinak?
3. Does Ike try to isolate himself?
4. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
5. What is the Underdog Club, and how is it formed?
6. What's the irony of Omar Loop building a pig slaughterhouse on Paul Peterson's property?
7. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
8. Is Ike a hero? Why or why not?
9. How does Chapter 5 tie back to Chapter 3?
10. How is the Foxcorp party affecting the town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reverend Greener and Ike are paralleled in their desire for social reform. However, Ike is no longer an activist and lies at the opposite end of the spectrum from Rev. Greener. Discuss the use of these opposing men in a common interest and what we learn about humanity, the future, and Ike through this relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Shoola and the Sea Lion is the appropriate story to be tied to Sailor Song and how it aids the reader's understanding.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what Kesey's overall statement about humanity is with good, evil, mystery, and truth in Sailor Song.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)