|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the benefit of Steubins' advice he gives at the party, if followed?
2. After saving the cat, Ike hears a cry past the _______.
3. What is Ike's only wish?
4. Who is Archie Culligan?
5. Shoola is the daughter of _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Ike live a charmed life?
2. Why does Steubins want to meet with the town leaders?
3. What is the Underdog Club, and how is it formed?
4. Why is Alice back in Kuinak?
5. What does Foxcorp's request to have a personal meeting with Ike say about Ike?
6. What is the purpose of Chapter 5?
7. Why is Alice drinking again?
8. What is the condition of Kuinak?
9. Who is Reverend Greener?
10. Does Ike try to isolate himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reverend Greener and Ike are paralleled in their desire for social reform. However, Ike is no longer an activist and lies at the opposite end of the spectrum from Rev. Greener. Discuss the use of these opposing men in a common interest and what we learn about humanity, the future, and Ike through this relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of "nature" in Sailor Song.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)