|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Underdog Club angry?
2. When is Ike used to hearing the Loops being loud?
3. In relation to the rest of the world, how do people in the town feel?
4. What kind of tea is scoot?
5. What does the Underdog Club organize?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Foxcorp changed Kuinak?
2. How do we better understand Ike by the end of Chapter 8?
3. How does Chapter 4 present Kuinak as a character?
4. How has Kuinak changed since the beginning of the book?
5. How is the Foxcorp party affecting the town?
6. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
7. Why does Steubins want to meet with the town leaders?
8. Why is Alice back in Kuinak?
9. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
10. Why is Alice drinking again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reverend Greener and Ike are paralleled in their desire for social reform. However, Ike is no longer an activist and lies at the opposite end of the spectrum from Rev. Greener. Discuss the use of these opposing men in a common interest and what we learn about humanity, the future, and Ike through this relationship.
Essay Topic 2
In Sailor Song, much of the characters' natures are displayed through their heroic or cowardly actions. Discuss the use of heroism in the book as another commonality between characters, an accelerator for situations, and why it is so critical to "honesty" in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Shoola and the Sea Lion is the appropriate story to be tied to Sailor Song and how it aids the reader's understanding.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)