|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike regains consciousness in _________.
2. When is Ike used to hearing the Loops being loud?
3. What frightens the clan before the stranger comes?
4. Who first explored the town?
5. What did Alice become famous around town for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Mike as a husband?
2. What's the irony of Omar Loop building a pig slaughterhouse on Paul Peterson's property?
3. In Shoola and the Sea Lion, why are the women fascinated by the stranger?
4. What does "Bakatcha Bandit" imply about Ike?
5. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
6. Why is Steubins' advice appealing to the town leaders?
7. How do we better understand Ike by the end of Chapter 8?
8. Why won't the film be successful?
9. What's the purpose of Chapter 2?
10. Is the man strangling Louise ruthless?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reverend Greener and Ike are paralleled in their desire for social reform. However, Ike is no longer an activist and lies at the opposite end of the spectrum from Rev. Greener. Discuss the use of these opposing men in a common interest and what we learn about humanity, the future, and Ike through this relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how social expectations mold and direct the narrative of Sailor Song.`
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)