|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In California, Ike worked as a ________.
2. Why does Steubins hold a meeting?
3. When Steubins gives his speech at the party, what is his advice?
4. What is Alice's talent?
5. What's Alice's job for the film?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "scoot" indicate about time?
2. In Chapter 3, why is this small town about to change?
3. Is Ike a hero? Why or why not?
4. What is the Underdog Club, and how is it formed?
5. How has Kuinak changed since the beginning of the book?
6. Is there much concern about Mike?
7. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
8. How do we better understand Ike by the end of Chapter 8?
9. How would you describe Mike as a husband?
10. What does Kuinak offer to the tone of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how social expectations mold and direct the narrative of Sailor Song.`
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Ike had a colorful past as the Bakatcha Bandit and cannot escape his reputation even after isolating himself in Kuinak. Ike's past is convoluted for a majority of Sailor Song, and his true nature is frequently obscured by his misrepresentation of himself and others' inflated views of him. Discuss these many dimensions of Ike and their relationship to the world, humanity, and the individual.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)