|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raised Eemook?
2. How does the stranger win the shadow puppet contest?
3. Who is the president of the Underdog Club?
4. How did Ike's daughter die?
5. What does Kuinak see this movie as an opportunity for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In <i>Shoola and the Sea Lion</i>, how are appearances not as they seem?
2. Why is <i>Shoola and the Sea Lion</i> an appropriate or inappropriate children's book?
3. How is Eemook an unlikely hero?
4. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
5. Why won't the film be successful?
6. How would you describe Mike as a husband?
7. How has Kuinak changed since the beginning of the book?
8. Does Ike live a charmed life?
9. What was so exciting about Ike's life before Kuinak?
10. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of "nature" in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 2
Kuinak's struggles represent the world and its final big storm affects everyone in the world. Discuss how Kuinak functions as an analogy for development in the world and Kesey's commentary on the future.
Essay Topic 3
Despite the varied objectives and personalities of characters, parallels can be drawn between everyone, making them all interconnected. Discuss the use of interconnection in this story.
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)