Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Underdog Club angry?
2. What is the albino man doing to Louise Loop?
3. Who is not to be trusted?
4. How does the tribe kill the stranger?
5. What frightens the clan before the stranger comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
2. Who is Reverend Greener?
3. How are Ike and Kuinak similar?
4. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
5. How is Eemook an unlikely hero?
6. Why is Alice back in Kuinak?
7. How has Ike let the people of Kuinak down?
8. How are Steubins and Mike able to bond?
9. Is there much concern about Mike?
10. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
Essay Topic 2
Kuinak has been plagued by development, Foxcorp, nature, and more. Discuss the nature of destruction in the book and Kesey's attitude towards humans and nature.
Essay Topic 3
Mystery surrounds the characters in Sailor Song, from their history to true motives. This is strongest in Alice and Ike, Foxcorp, and even in subtle dynamics like Shoola and Harry. Discuss mystery as a sub-narrative in Sailor Song and how it drives and suspends situations, relationships, and the reader's experiences.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)