|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Loop family live?
2. After the Loops come to the scene, what does the albino man beg them not to do?
3. What is Ike's only wish?
4. What is the benefit of Steubins' advice he gives at the party, if followed?
5. Why does Mike take a longer route to get home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Mike as a husband?
2. Why does Shoola want to go home?
3. What must Ike return to at the end of Chapter 16?
4. What does "Bakatcha Bandit" imply about Ike?
5. What is changing about the movie?
6. What was so exciting about Ike's life before Kuinak?
7. How has Foxcorp changed Kuinak?
8. Is Ike a hero? Why or why not?
9. Were Mike and Steubins in need of rescuing after the storm? Why?
10. Why is Alice drinking again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how social expectations mold and direct the narrative of Sailor Song.`
Essay Topic 2
There are three critical storms in Sailor Song: the two in Kuinak and the one in Shoola and the Sea Lion. These three storms draw many parallels with each other and incite different elements of the story and struggle. Discuss the use of storms in the book as a common thread and accelerator.
Essay Topic 3
Despite the varied objectives and personalities of characters, parallels can be drawn between everyone, making them all interconnected. Discuss the use of interconnection in this story.
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)