|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of Chapter 4 is to show the _______ of the town.
2. Why did Mike leave?
3. What does the Underdog Club organize?
4. What surrounds the town?
5. In the dump, the albino's man responds to Ike's shock by saying "Sorry dunk-o, but I'm not ______".
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Underdog Club, and how is it formed?
2. Why is Alice back in Kuinak?
3. What's the irony of Omar Loop building a pig slaughterhouse on Paul Peterson's property?
4. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
5. How has Kuinak changed since the beginning of the book?
6. Why is Alice drinking again?
7. Is Ike a hero? Why or why not?
8. What does "Bakatcha Bandit" imply about Ike?
9. How is Foxcorp contrary to the Underdog Club?
10. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how social expectations mold and direct the narrative of Sailor Song.`
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of "nature" in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 3
Ike had a colorful past as the Bakatcha Bandit and cannot escape his reputation even after isolating himself in Kuinak. Ike's past is convoluted for a majority of Sailor Song, and his true nature is frequently obscured by his misrepresentation of himself and others' inflated views of him. Discuss these many dimensions of Ike and their relationship to the world, humanity, and the individual.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)