|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By Chapter 3, how long has Mike been gone?
2. What does Kuinak see this movie as an opportunity for?
3. Who does Steubins meet with?
4. What does Steubins warn Ike not to do?
5. Where has Alice's husband, Mike, gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Chapter 5?
2. How do you know Ike is being honest about his life? Is he being honest?
3. What is the condition of Kuinak?
4. In Shoola and the Sea Lion, why are the women fascinated by the stranger?
5. How is the Foxcorp party affecting the town?
6. How do we better understand Ike by the end of Chapter 8?
7. How would you describe Mike as a husband?
8. What's the irony of Omar Loop building a pig slaughterhouse on Paul Peterson's property?
9. Why is Alice back in Kuinak?
10. What's the purpose of Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Shoola and the Sea Lion is the appropriate story to be tied to Sailor Song and how it aids the reader's understanding.
Essay Topic 2
There are three critical storms in Sailor Song: the two in Kuinak and the one in Shoola and the Sea Lion. These three storms draw many parallels with each other and incite different elements of the story and struggle. Discuss the use of storms in the book as a common thread and accelerator.
Essay Topic 3
Despite the varied objectives and personalities of characters, parallels can be drawn between everyone, making them all interconnected. Discuss the use of interconnection in this story.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)