|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike regains consciousness in _________.
2. What kind of tea is scoot?
3. Why does Steubins hold a meeting?
4. What did Alice become famous around town for?
5. How has Foxcorp's presence in Kuinak affected the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Foxcorp's request to have a personal meeting with Ike say about Ike?
2. Who is Reverend Greener?
3. Why is Alice drinking again?
4. Is the man strangling Louise ruthless?
5. What does "scoot" indicate about time?
6. How do you know Ike is being honest about his life? Is he being honest?
7. Why is Shoola and the Sea Lion an appropriate or inappropriate children's book?
8. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
9. How is the Foxcorp party affecting the town?
10. What was so exciting about Ike's life before Kuinak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Shoola and the Sea Lion is the appropriate story to be tied to Sailor Song and how it aids the reader's understanding.
Essay Topic 2
Kuinak and its inhabitants are painted mainly by their isolated nature. Discuss the use of isolation in Sailor Song and how it adds to the canvas of the narrative and its representation of change.
Essay Topic 3
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)