|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Steubins meet with?
2. Where has Alice's husband, Mike, gone?
3. Why do Ike and Greer leave Skagway?
4. When did Alice get pregnant?
5. What's the second unfortunate thing that happens to Paul's icehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
2. How is Foxcorp contrary to the Underdog Club?
3. Is Ike a hero? Why or why not?
4. How does Shoola's connection with Harry contradict current-Kuinak?
5. Is the man strangling Louise ruthless?
6. What does Kuinak offer to the tone of the book?
7. What does Foxcorp's request to have a personal meeting with Ike say about Ike?
8. Are the occurrences of Chapter 20 common or uncommon for Kuinak? How?
9. How has Ike let the people of Kuinak down?
10. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
Essay Topic 1
Kuinak's struggles represent the world and its final big storm affects everyone in the world. Discuss how Kuinak functions as an analogy for development in the world and Kesey's commentary on the future.
Essay Topic 2
Mystery surrounds the characters in Sailor Song, from their history to true motives. This is strongest in Alice and Ike, Foxcorp, and even in subtle dynamics like Shoola and Harry. Discuss mystery as a sub-narrative in Sailor Song and how it drives and suspends situations, relationships, and the reader's experiences.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Shoola and the Sea Lion is the appropriate story to be tied to Sailor Song and how it aids the reader's understanding.
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)