Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Underdog Club angry?
2. What is the albino man doing to Louise Loop?
3. Who is not to be trusted?
4. How does the tribe kill the stranger?
5. What frightens the clan before the stranger comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
2. Who is Reverend Greener?
3. How are Ike and Kuinak similar?
4. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
5. How is Eemook an unlikely hero?
6. Why is Alice back in Kuinak?
7. How has Ike let the people of Kuinak down?
8. How are Steubins and Mike able to bond?
9. Is there much concern about Mike?
10. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how social expectations mold and direct the narrative of Sailor Song.`
Essay Topic 2
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Ike had a colorful past as the Bakatcha Bandit and cannot escape his reputation even after isolating himself in Kuinak. Ike's past is convoluted for a majority of Sailor Song, and his true nature is frequently obscured by his misrepresentation of himself and others' inflated views of him. Discuss these many dimensions of Ike and their relationship to the world, humanity, and the individual.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)