|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kuinak see this movie as an opportunity for?
2. Ike sprays sewage over a ________.
3. Who is Reverend Greener?
4. What is Foxcorp giving out?
5. Why are there pigs at Paul's icehouse property?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Foxcorp party affecting the town?
2. How has Kuinak changed since the beginning of the book?
3. How does Chapter 4 present Kuinak as a character?
4. How is Foxcorp contrary to the Underdog Club?
5. What is the Underdog Club, and how is it formed?
6. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
7. Is the man strangling Louise ruthless?
8. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
9. Is there much concern about Mike?
10. How do you know Ike is being honest about his life? Is he being honest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mystery surrounds the characters in Sailor Song, from their history to true motives. This is strongest in Alice and Ike, Foxcorp, and even in subtle dynamics like Shoola and Harry. Discuss mystery as a sub-narrative in Sailor Song and how it drives and suspends situations, relationships, and the reader's experiences.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Although Foxcorp stands in stark contrast to Kuinak, there are a few elements that tie the two together. Discuss the parallels of Foxcorp and Kuinak in Sailor Song and what they say about nature, authenticity, and industry.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)