|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mike leave?
2. Who does Steubins meet with?
3. What's the second unfortunate thing that happens to Paul's icehouse?
4. Who does the Underdog Club advocate for?
5. What does the albino man claim is the reason he attacked Louise?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Shoola and the Sea Lion, how are appearances not as they seem?
2. Does Ike try to isolate himself?
3. What is the purpose of Chapter 5?
4. How has Foxcorp changed Kuinak?
5. Who is Reverend Greener?
6. How is Eemook an unlikely hero?
7. How has Kuinak changed since the beginning of the book?
8. How is Foxcorp contrary to the Underdog Club?
9. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
10. How does Chapter 5 tie back to Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the purpose of the Loop family in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 2
Nick is a crucial character in Sailor Song with varied connections to people around Kuinak before he arrived for the movie. Discuss Nick's presence, his role as the antagonist, and how he furthers the interconnectedness and mystery of the book.
Essay Topic 3
In Sailor Song, much of the characters' natures are displayed through their heroic or cowardly actions. Discuss the use of heroism in the book as another commonality between characters, an accelerator for situations, and why it is so critical to "honesty" in the book.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)