|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the stranger win the shadow puppet contest?
2. The stranger is really a ______.
3. Where do Ike and Greer go to fish?
4. What frightens the clan before the stranger comes?
5. Whose yacht is at the dock?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shoola and the Sea Lion an appropriate or inappropriate children's book?
2. What does Kuinak offer to the tone of the book?
3. How are Ike and Kuinak similar?
4. What's the purpose of Chapter 2?
5. Does Ike live a charmed life?
6. Why is Alice drinking again?
7. What does "Bakatcha Bandit" imply about Ike?
8. How has Foxcorp changed Kuinak?
9. How would you describe Mike as a husband?
10. How has Kuinak changed since the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the book's focus on the necessity and integrity of one's roots and the way characters are defined by their context, home, and independence.
Essay Topic 2
Nick is a crucial character in Sailor Song with varied connections to people around Kuinak before he arrived for the movie. Discuss Nick's presence, his role as the antagonist, and how he furthers the interconnectedness and mystery of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)