|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alice become famous around town for?
2. In what religion was Alice raised?
3. The stranger is really a ______.
4. Archie, Greer, Billy, and Ike escape in a ______.
5. Why does Alice clear out hotel rooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "Bakatcha Bandit" imply about Ike?
2. What is the purpose of Chapter 5?
3. How is Eemook an unlikely hero?
4. Does Ike live a charmed life?
5. Why is Shoola and the Sea Lion an appropriate or inappropriate children's book?
6. How do we better understand Ike by the end of Chapter 8?
7. Why is Alice drinking again?
8. How would you describe Mike as a husband?
9. Who is Reverend Greener?
10. What's the irony of Omar Loop building a pig slaughterhouse on Paul Peterson's property?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kuinak has been plagued by development, Foxcorp, nature, and more. Discuss the nature of destruction in the book and Kesey's attitude towards humans and nature.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how social expectations mold and direct the narrative of Sailor Song.`
Essay Topic 3
Kuinak and its inhabitants are painted mainly by their isolated nature. Discuss the use of isolation in Sailor Song and how it adds to the canvas of the narrative and its representation of change.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)