|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Underdog Club get its name?
2. What does the albino man claim is the reason he attacked Louise?
3. Who first explored the town?
4. Who are the Cherry Tarts?
5. In California, Ike worked as a ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In Shoola and the Sea Lion, how are appearances not as they seem?
2. In Shoola and the Sea Lion, why are the women fascinated by the stranger?
3. What's the purpose of Chapter 2?
4. How is the Foxcorp party affecting the town?
5. Is there much concern about Mike?
6. Does Ike live a charmed life?
7. How does Chapter 5 tie back to Chapter 3?
8. In Chapter 3, why is this small town about to change?
9. How is Eemook an unlikely hero?
10. What is the overall theme of Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kuinak has been plagued by development, Foxcorp, nature, and more. Discuss the nature of destruction in the book and Kesey's attitude towards humans and nature.
Essay Topic 2
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Shoola and the Sea Lion is the appropriate story to be tied to Sailor Song and how it aids the reader's understanding.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)