|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the president of the Underdog Club?
2. Who does Steubins meet with?
3. What is Alice's talent?
4. When did Alice get pregnant?
5. In what religion was Alice raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "scoot" indicate about time?
2. Who is Reverend Greener?
3. In Shoola and the Sea Lion, how are appearances not as they seem?
4. How has Kuinak changed since the beginning of the book?
5. Why is Shoola and the Sea Lion an appropriate or inappropriate children's book?
6. How would you describe Mike as a husband?
7. Is Ike a hero? Why or why not?
8. Is the man strangling Louise ruthless?
9. What's the irony of Omar Loop building a pig slaughterhouse on Paul Peterson's property?
10. Why is Steubins' advice appealing to the town leaders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kuinak and its inhabitants are painted mainly by their isolated nature. Discuss the use of isolation in Sailor Song and how it adds to the canvas of the narrative and its representation of change.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of "nature" in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)