|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Loop family live?
2. What is Alice's talent?
3. Who took care of Alice's son?
4. Mike was born in _________.
5. After Foxcorp has begun to settle in Kuinak, what is Kuinak excited for?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Shoola and the Sea Lion, how are appearances not as they seem?
2. How has Foxcorp changed Kuinak?
3. How do we better understand Ike by the end of Chapter 8?
4. What's the purpose of Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 3, why is this small town about to change?
6. How is Eemook an unlikely hero?
7. What is the condition of Kuinak?
8. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
9. What does "Bakatcha Bandit" imply about Ike?
10. Is the man strangling Louise ruthless?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what Kesey's overall statement about humanity is with good, evil, mystery, and truth in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Although Foxcorp stands in stark contrast to Kuinak, there are a few elements that tie the two together. Discuss the parallels of Foxcorp and Kuinak in Sailor Song and what they say about nature, authenticity, and industry.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)