|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Underdog Club angry?
2. What is the albino man doing to Louise Loop?
3. Who is not to be trusted?
4. How does the tribe kill the stranger?
5. What frightens the clan before the stranger comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
2. Who is Reverend Greener?
3. How are Ike and Kuinak similar?
4. What is Mike's main objective in Chapter 13?
5. How is Eemook an unlikely hero?
6. Why is Alice back in Kuinak?
7. How has Ike let the people of Kuinak down?
8. How are Steubins and Mike able to bond?
9. Is there much concern about Mike?
10. What is Alice's opinion of her husband's fidelity?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how love and attraction affect characters' actions, honesty, and the dynamics of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Kuinak and its inhabitants are painted mainly by their isolated nature. Discuss the use of isolation in Sailor Song and how it adds to the canvas of the narrative and its representation of change.
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)