|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shoola and the Sea Lion is a popular ______.
2. What is Ike's only wish?
3. The two explorers mentioned are Bering and ______.
4. When did Alice get pregnant?
5. After Foxcorp has begun to settle in Kuinak, what is Kuinak excited for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chapter 4 present Kuinak as a character?
2. What's the relevance of albinism in Chapter 3?
3. What does "scoot" indicate about time?
4. Is the man strangling Louise ruthless?
5. Why is Steubins' advice appealing to the town leaders?
6. Is Ike a hero? Why or why not?
7. What does Foxcorp's request to have a personal meeting with Ike say about Ike?
8. What's the purpose of Chapter 2?
9. Why is Alice drinking again?
10. What's the irony of Omar Loop building a pig slaughterhouse on Paul Peterson's property?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
Essay Topic 2
There are three critical storms in Sailor Song: the two in Kuinak and the one in Shoola and the Sea Lion. These three storms draw many parallels with each other and incite different elements of the story and struggle. Discuss the use of storms in the book as a common thread and accelerator.
Essay Topic 3
Nick is a crucial character in Sailor Song with varied connections to people around Kuinak before he arrived for the movie. Discuss Nick's presence, his role as the antagonist, and how he furthers the interconnectedness and mystery of the book.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)