|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ike's daughter die?
2. Where did Alice go to college?
3. Who is Reverend Greener?
4. Shoola is the daughter of _____.
5. Who first explored the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Reverend Greener?
2. How do we better understand Ike by the end of Chapter 8?
3. What was so exciting about Ike's life before Kuinak?
4. How is Eemook an unlikely hero?
5. What's the irony of Omar Loop building a pig slaughterhouse on Paul Peterson's property?
6. In Shoola and the Sea Lion, why are the women fascinated by the stranger?
7. Does Ike live a charmed life?
8. Why is Alice back in Kuinak?
9. How do you know Ike is being honest about his life? Is he being honest?
10. What is the Underdog Club, and how is it formed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how social expectations mold and direct the narrative of Sailor Song.`
Essay Topic 2
Despite the varied objectives and personalities of characters, parallels can be drawn between everyone, making them all interconnected. Discuss the use of interconnection in this story.
Essay Topic 3
Kuinak has been plagued by development, Foxcorp, nature, and more. Discuss the nature of destruction in the book and Kesey's attitude towards humans and nature.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)