|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the predominant characteristic of Eemook?
2. Ike regains consciousness in _________.
3. The two explorers mentioned are Bering and ______.
4. What about the stranger fascinates the women in the clan?
5. Where does Alice find a copy of <i>Shoola and the Sea Lion</i>?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alice drinking again?
2. Why does Alice offer to drive Ike and Shoola home?
3. Why does the actress want to be called "Shoola"?
4. Why does Alice feel she shouldn't have reacted as she did to Mike's infidelity?
5. What does "Bakatcha Bandit" imply about Ike?
6. Why does Louise Loop believe that someone is trying to kill her?
7. What does Kuinak offer to the tone of the book?
8. Does Ike live a charmed life?
9. What is the purpose of Chapter 5?
10. How do we better understand Ike by the end of Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of "nature" in Sailor Song.
Essay Topic 2
Despite much of the action in Sailor Song, the truth is infrequently stated; it is merely alluded to. Discuss how the withholding of truth about one's history functions as subplots to this book and Kesey's statements on humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what the course of Underdog Club in Sailor Song is meant to represent about humanity.
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)